Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! (2168 Views)

Follow This Link To Collect Your PVC For Those Who Have Not Collect There Own, / Artisteer Activation And Licence Keys / Free 2gb Mail Box + Free 100mb Web Hosting and 200 Pop3 Email Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by jmoore(m): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2010
I am testing joomla on my site but whenever a user registers, a message is displayed that the activation link has been sent to mail box but nothing gets delivered, I have check both inbox and spam folder.

The only mail I receive as admin is a notification that a user has registered

Any solution to this?
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by DualCore1: 9:44am On Oct 15, 2010
Don't CMSes come with the option to set up email config? Like. . . choosing to use the smtp protocol or php_mail().
If you're on shared hosting, ask your host to check the server's mail queue manager. If your mails are stuck there then you know wassup. If your mails are not there at all then the mails didn't leave the CMS  camp in the first place so its an in-house problem with your CMS configuration.
I've got a client who has a couple of joomla sites on his reseller account on my server. I'll show him this thread, if he could help.
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by jmoore(m): 10:01am On Oct 15, 2010
I am on shared hosting so I will ask my host about what you said.

I just tried the joomla on another webhost and mails are being delivered so I suspect it is from my host
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by jmoore(m): 11:39am On Oct 15, 2010
ok, I have set the mail config to smtp and it has started working, thanks
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by DualCore1: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2010
Damn, I'm genius! cool Why am I mortal? angry

Whatever mayne, morale: don't blame it all on the host and don't call everything a host's problem or a bug. . . "its not a bug, its a feature" wink
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by jmoore(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2010
I will blame it on the host because it worked well on another host with the php mail function
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by DualCore1: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
For the reason that it worked on one host and not on the other doesn't mean its a problem, infact it could just mean the other host it worked on has an exploitable vulnerability. Your host (tht it didnt work on) may have seen a security risk in allowing the php mail() on their server (yes, its a security risk!) and may have disabled it or they may have had mails sent from the user of "nobody" blocked still for security risks, they may also be running a firewall which is configured to block some ports. They may also be running "Mod Security" and have set it to block access to a particular kinda header request. These are possibilities and a host who knows what they are doing will not compromise security to please a client. Then again, we complain about Nigerian host companies for their lack of technical know-how. How about the Nigerian clients for their lack of understanding of how these things work?
Re: Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! by jmoore(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
Was that question meant for me? Rhetorical. I understand your explanations.

Now I can sleep well after weeks of annoyance smiley. I thought the host was possessed by demons grin.

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing Cheat For All Networks Plus Free National Calls. / Buy This Auto Comment Bot For Instagram And Grow Your Account Fast!! / Nigerian Headline News Widget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.