Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time (47950 Views)

Kanye West Releases 'Jesus Is King' Album / Beyonce The Lion King: The Gift Album Is Out! - Stream And Download On Itunes / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2019
According to a report by TheSun.co.Uk, Beyonce’s Lion King album has flopped after being downloaded just 949 times in the UK since Friday.

Read the full report by The Sun below;

“BEYONCE may have a starring role in The Lion King movie, but she is struggling to keep her claws in to her title as Queen Bey.

The singer curated and produced an album to go alongside the new Disney film but it has flopped being downloaded just 949 times in the UK in the first five days.

I can reveal Bey, who voices Nala in the film, was paid £25million for the movie, official soundtrack and this accompanying album, but it has failed to strike a chord with fans.

She sings on 13 tracks on The Lion King: The Gift, with guests including her husband Jay Z, Pharrell Williams and Kendrick Lamar.

But in a massive blow to Disney, she is now being outsold four to one on downloads by Brit newcomer Freya Ridings.

Freya’s self-titled debut, which came out on Friday with The Gift, had been downloaded 4,083 times by the end of play on Tuesday putting her at No2 in the charts.

A Disney insider said: “Bosses did everything they could to get Beyonce on board because they know she is so loved.

“There has been a lot of buzz around the film and Beyonce’s involvement but her spin-off album has been massively disappointing.

“The Greatest Showman’s soundtrack was the biggest-selling album of 2018, and Disney had hoped that getting someone as huge as Beyonce to do an album like this could match its success.

“But her records clearly don’t have the pulling power they once did. For someone like Beyonce, who is seen as an unstoppable force in music, it’s remarkable that she is being beaten in the charts by an emerging talent like Freya.”

Because The Lion King: The Gift features various artists, it won’t be eligible for the main album chart when it is announced tomorrow, but if it were, it would not be making the top ten.

A year ago her album with Jay Z, Everything Is Love, peaked at No5, her worst first week of record sales ever in the UK.

They also struggled to sell out their stadium tour last summer. Last weekend The Lion King grossed £16.7million at the UK box office.

Perhaps she should just stick to the flicks.”

Read More At; https://www.brainnewsradio.com/beyonces-lion-king-album-flopped-after-being-downloaded-just-949-times-in-the-uk-since-friday/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2019
lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2019
Davido fans abeg make una no blame WizKid for this one

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by itspzpics(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
Gbam.... Nigerians and bad mouth

Download Brown Skin Girl Song Tracks => HERE

4 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
I don't even like the song.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by drginger(f): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nobody reigns forever, even if it's true I dnt tink she has done badly with her career. Only God's word stay true!

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by babakb: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
In fact i myself was disappointed when i heard the over hyped Brown Skin Girl, the album is a flop.

No track in the Album made the top 100 in the Billboard.......Wacko Album.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Aare2050(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
this album is more popular than the music in it

watch news headline in Yoruba language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDht39tQJM

8 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Dannieln1: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
She clearly stated that it's a letter to Africa not America Nor Europe

Me and my Niqqaz are grateful bout the letter

245 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by anyimontana(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lol
Davido right now.

Irony of life,everytin that has a beginning,surely have an end.

Leave the industry wen the ovation is loudest .

Most of this old u.s artists don't sale close to what our top arts sell lately.

Naija na the new ground

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by IamSoProlific: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
No hates whatsoever for queen b, but I feel the album is overrated.

I understand the fact that she was actually trying to be unpredictable and diverse but the idea of bringing Nigerians (mostly noisemakers e.g. Yemi alade,burna boy,tiwa savage) doesn't make sense imagine shatta wale too and the kind of shitty verse they all offered. I'm a big fan of burna but emotions and sentiments aside that his own song on the album is crap. Wizkid did his thing as usual-kudos to him. I actually feel Nigerian music market can't go well with that of Americans.

She would have done well if she merged African/Nigerian type of hip with the Americans.....or at least gave Mr eazi, burna,tiwa,yemi etc, enough time to prepare something reasonable, or at least help them in writing, since I'm sure they wouldn't allow more reasonable people to do the writing for them.

If you want to rate your craft, listen to the level of acceptance from the Briton, but for Americans, they can vibe to anything regardless of how it sounds or looks, that's why you see people like wu tang, the guy j.cole wrote 1985 to(can't remember his name) and other wacky mumble rappers have mad fans and sold out concerts. Americans accept any rubbish you sell to them but Briton don't.

In doubt? Listen to U.K. Countdowns or their main stream songs and be glad you did.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Enoch07: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
lol na davido cause am

7 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by sKeetz(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
babakb:
In fact i myself was disappointed when i heard the over hyped Brown Skin Girl, the album is a flop.

No track in the Album made the top 100 in the Billboard.......Wacko Album.

Haters have arrived grin

19 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by carterguccy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
K
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by rentAcock(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
I bet you those 949 people were Nigerians living in the UK. Beyonce thinks the UK is like America where her hiphop mogul husband wields so much influence.

Hakuna matata Queen B, you still have millions of dollars, hunger won't kill you.

26 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Oblitz(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
The star boy effect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Guapismo: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
The album flopped in the UK because most of them are not familiar with the artistes there, and because those are not really their type of songs.

32 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by seunmohmoh(f): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
If she didn't include Africans,i wouldn't have heard about it.

She is so smart that is why she featured Africans.

13 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by nonye6194: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
People are after the movie not the album abeg. The movie has grossed 16million euros plus over the weekend there in the UK. What more do y'all want?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by konkonbilo(m): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
shocked
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Beverlyjean(f): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beyonce is overhyped... Rihanna has better songs

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by zoroby(m): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
B
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by LOSKYXANDER: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
I can reveal Bey, who voices Nala in the film, was paid £25million for the movie, official soundtrack and this accompanying album, but it has failed to strike a chord with fans.
Chai God

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Stephendeals: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nothing much to say
So after the hype from some fans of a "kid", shading others bigger than them in accomplishment and money, the album is still a flop

Lemme come and be going what do i know sef apart from selling confam Computer IT Gadgets

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by kendrick93(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
sKeetz:

Haters have arrived grin
truth not hating

5 Likes

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by DimIsaac10(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Instead make she feature Davido/ASA/2 Face/Dbanj she go dey feature Techno and co.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Lovelyn451(f): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
The greatest showman...I love that movie...how can they compare greatest showman to lion king na...haba da Allah, lion king no reach abeg

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by ThugCheetah(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Chai
Re: Beyonce’s Lion King Album Flopped In The UK After Being Downloaded Just 949 Time by finesounds01(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
Beyoncé has sold 289+ million records, has 10 number 1s, 26 top 10s, grossed over 1 BILLION on tour & 1 billion movie gross, 23 GRAMMYs, 24 VMAs, iconic performances, looks, videos AND she's been consistent for 22 years.

Beyoncé doesn't have shit to prove to anyone anymore.

76 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Portable Reacts As Burna Boy Reveals Desire To Use His Picture As Album Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.