Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop (530 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / People Who Dont Show Their Anger More Dangerous Than Those Who Do, True/False? / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by 10mobile: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
I have just read this post on the first page talking about UNN being ranked the 17th best university in Africa (the best in Nigeria) and soon some comments become tribalistic:

JubrilBuhari:
Afonja, let the wailing start!

FuckThaMod:
Some hateful humans will be angry now because it's not their U.I

Techsunny:
Thought afonjas claim uni ibadan no 1

I don't know how many of you who realize how very foolish someone sounds who uses every opportunity to go tribal or sectional. It reveals someone whose horizon is terribly limited. On this note, I am appealing to these people who try to drag Igbos on the mud by making such comments, to desist from doing that. Use your energy more constructively. If you are one of those who easily go tribal, you will acknowledge within yourself that you are a failure offline. You can't be so obsessed with tribal sentiments and eventually succeed in becoming an achiever because the bulk of your energy is being wasted on the wrong things. You use what others achieved to go tribal all because you have nothing of your own to show.

I have to say a big congratulation to Yorubas for the maturity they showed on the post cited above (Consider how none of you responded to the tribal jabs throughout the first page).

As an Igbo person myself, I will say it aloud and clear that Igbos have not received their fair share in Nigeria. And so are many other tribes. Yet, that's not enough reason to be filled with hate. The easiest way to give your oppressor power over you, is to allow yourself to be filled with hate for him/her because that would be weighing you down spiritually, emotionally, psychologically and otherwise.

A word is enough for a wise. The wise ones will take this counsel to heart. But fools will rush to defend themselves. I won't be surprised because, centuries ago, it was already stated clearly: "Do not rebuke fools or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you" (Proverbs 9 verse eight8).

3 Likes

Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by SLAP44: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by Mraphel: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
I have warned my brother and sister on tribalism they won't hear.

It's even University of "Nigeria " not University of Biafran. What's there to be tribalised? Do you even know Unilorin and UI still respected amongst Nigerians than UNN?

Na only God can save us from tribalistic catholic Igbo Christians.

1 Like

Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by 10mobile: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mraphel:
Do you even know Unilorin and UI still respected amongst Nigerians than UNN?

Na only God can save us from tribalistic catholic Igbo Christians.
You are guilty of what you are condemning. Try and be mature. You won't die because of it. Exorcise yourself of every demon of immaturity. You have the willpower to do so.

2 Likes

Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by JubrilBuhari: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
10mobile:
I have just read this post on the first page talking about UNN being ranked the 17th best university in Africa (the best in Nigeria) and soon some comments become tribalistic:

I don't know how many of you who realize how very foolish someone sounds who uses every opportunity to go tribal or sectional. It reveals someone whose horizon is terribly limited. On this note, I am appealing to these people who try to drag Igbos on the mud by making such comments, to desist from doing that. Use your energy more constructively. If you are one of those who easily go tribal, you will acknowledge within yourself that you are a failure offline. You can't be so obsessed with tribal sentiments and eventually succeed in becoming an achiever because the bulk of your energy is being wasted on the wrong things. You use what others achieved to go tribal all because you have nothing of your own to show.

I have to say a big congratulation to Yorubas for the maturity they showed on the post cited above (Consider how none of you responded to the tribal jabs throughout the first page).

As an Igbo person myself, I will say it aloud and clear that Igbos have not received their fair share in Nigeria. And so are many other tribes. Yet, that's not enough reason to be filled with hate. The easiest way to give your oppressor power over you, is to allow yourself to be filled with hate for him/her because that would be weighing you down spiritually, emotionally, psychologically and otherwise.

A word is enough for a wise. The wise ones will take this counsel to heart. But fools will rush to defend themselves. I won't be surprised because, centuries ago, it was already stated clearly: "Do not rebuke fools or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you" (Proverbs 9 verse eight8).
You sounds like another senseles drug addict. cheesy
Just don't know what rubbish you dey sniff. grin
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by Techsunny: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
10mobile:
I have just read this post on the first page talking about UNN being ranked the 17th best university in Africa (the best in Nigeria) and soon some comments become tribalisti Long story

Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by dumahi(m): 5:01am On Jul 28, 2019
FuckThaMod:

Channel your energy to this one below..

Don't be allowing low lives to drag you down to their low levels. Na-e gosi ndi ugwu na ndi one mmanu nkari with your high level of maturity.
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by dumahi(m): 5:07am On Jul 28, 2019
JubrilBuhari:

You sounds like another senseles drug addict. cheesy
Just don't know what rubbish you dey sniff. grin

Proverbs 9 verse 8 grin
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by JubrilBuhari: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2019
dumahi:

Proverbs 9 verse 8 grin
Another half sane religious fanatic on the loose. grin
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by Rajman45(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2019
But na una self contribute for the bad name. Fact check....No tribe is free of bad names/bad people. Fact check..... No tribe is free of good people. Fact check..... Unity is the key to every successful nation
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by dumahi(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2019
JubrilBuhari:

Another half sane religious fanatic on the loose. grin
You are crying more than the bereaved. Americans and Europeans still believe in God in their numbers. But you who only received a reflection of their influence via the internet try everywhere to show how much of an atheist you are. Onye ime obodo gara town ka ọ na - a ka njọ. Even when the Bible states a clear fact, you still call it religious fanaticism. "The fool says in his heart that there's no God" (Psalm 14:1).
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by dumahi(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2019
Rajman45:
But na una self contribute for the bad name.
Fact check....No tribe is free of bad names/bad people.
Fact check..... No tribe is free of good people.
That's what the op is saying. You see him quarreling with his own people but all you can do is to point accusing fingers 'cos that's all u know how to do. You yourself have already agreed that every tribe has its share of bad and good people and yet, you say 'na una self contribute for the bad name'. Who contributed to the bad name of your own tribe? As a matter of fact, although every tribe has its own share of bad people, Igbo are the most respected tribe outside the shores of the country.
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by Rajman45(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2019
dumahi:

That's what the op is saying. You see him quarreling with his own people but all you can do is to point accusing fingers 'cos that's all u know how to do. You yourself have already agreed that every tribe has its share of bad and good people and yet, you say 'na una self contribute for the bad name'. Who contributed to the bad name of your own tribe? As a matter of fact, although every tribe has its own share of bad people, Igbo are the most respected tribe outside the shores of the country.
LOL..... Accusing fingers on who exactly. The op that is labeling his own people or u spitting out trash from ur loud mouth. U should direct ur anger to the right direction.
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by dumahi(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Rajman45:

LOL..... Accusing fingers on who exactly. The op that is labeling his own people or u spitting out trash from ur loud mouth. U should direct ur anger to the right direction.
I can see that your brain is in a bad state. Your reasoning is totally off the track. So, it's needless exchanging words with you. I won't read or respond to you again. I know you won't be able to understand this. I'm only writing for others to be witnesses.
Re: These People Who Give Igbos A Bad Name Must Stop by JubrilBuhari: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2019
dumahi:

You are crying more than the bereaved. Americans and Europeans still believe in God in their numbers. But you who only received a reflection of their influence via the internet try everywhere to show how much of an atheist you are. Onye ime obodo gara town ka ọ na - a ka njọ. Even when the Bible states a clear fact, you still call it religious fanaticism. "The fool says in his heart that there's no God" (Psalm 14:1).
Lolz
Am not the one quoting another person who don't give a damn about me, with religious chains hanging on my neck.

Another religious lunatic on the loose. grin

(1) (Reply)

MTN Is Back With Another Bang! (photos) / 35 Best Selling Audio Business Books 2019 That Will Make You Super Genius... / The Osogbo Amala Twitter Hangout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.