Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos (25163 Views)

Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos / LASBCA Seals The Biggest Building In Bariga (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by skukimania(f): 5:09am On Jul 29, 2019
I am beginning to feel there is something more to these buildings collapse.
Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by puzzler: 5:09am On Jul 29, 2019
IT IS NOW U WILL SEE LASBCA RUNNING AROUND, ARRANGING PSEUDO FILES, CLAIMING THEY HAVE SEALED THE BUILDING B4.
NA ONLY BRIBE MONEY THEM SABI COLLECT.. I DON'T KNOW WHY A GOVT WILL CREATE AN AGENCY TO OFFICIALLY COLLECT BRIBE FROM PEOPLE.
Lagos State building control Bribe Collection Agency(LASBCA)

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by anonimi: 5:15am On Jul 29, 2019
skukimania:
I am beginning to feel there is something more to these buildings collapse.

What else can there be beyond people and their own government not doing the right thing concerning building plans compliance, testing and monitoring?
What else
Is it so difficult to think through issues exhaustively in order to identify the root causes and fix them in a sustainable manner?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by skukimania(f): 5:40am On Jul 29, 2019
anonimi:

What else can there be beyond people and their own government not doing the right thing concerning building plans compliance, testing and monitoring?
What else
Is it so difficult to think through issues exhaustively in order to identify the root causes and fix them in a sustainable manner?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

To you now, you have made sense? Una welldone oh, child of Europe. So, you think people in the advanced countries don't believe in the existence of evil forces? They call it black magic Mr. Know it all.
A minor irritant this Monday morning undecided

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by Lovelyn451(f): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2019
H
Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by Goldenheart002(f): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2019
luluman:
Please help contact the necessary agency to come & check if house number 58 jagunmolu street bariga is safe. I dey talk my own o.

Hahahahaha
I always wonder how greedy some landlords can be! Imagine d one dat caught fire earlier dis year, very close to dat WEMA bank, it has been rebranded.
Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 29, 2019
If you don't give bribe nobody will collect it.....no sane person will even collect bribe for a distressed building......I think the pple should be educated more,they should vacate buildings marked distressed and the time it takes for distressed buildings to be brought down should be reduced drastically......
puzzler:
IT IS NOW U WILL SEE LASBCA RUNNING AROUND, ARRANGING PSEUDO FILES, CLAIMING THEY HAVE SEALED THE BUILDING B4.
NA ONLY BRIBE MONEY THEM SABI COLLECT.. I DON'T KNOW WHY A GOVT WILL CREATE AN AGENCY TO OFFICIALLY COLLECT BRIBE FROM PEOPLE.
Lagos State building control Bribe Collection Agency(LASBCA)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by anonimi: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2019
skukimania:
To you now, you have made sense? Una welldone oh, child of Europe. So, you think people in the advanced countries don't believe in the existence of evil forces? They call it black magic Mr. Know it all.
A minor irritant this Monday morning undecided

It is because they believe in the existence of evil forces that many Nigerians and other Africans are leaving their countries in droves to go and enjoy the rigorous methodical work the Europeans have done for centuries to continuously analyse past, current and even future problems and act on the options for sustainable development.
Enjoy your irritation for the week.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by anonimi: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2019
oluseyioba:
If you don't give bribe nobody will collect it.....no sane person will even collect bribe for a distressed building......I think the pple should be educated more,they should vacate buildings marked distressed and the time it takes for distressed buildings to be brought down should be reduced drastically......

Great idea and suggestion.
Who is going to do it- the more education/sensitisation/enlightenment
Two out of three is good but three out of three is 100% excellent.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2019
Lasbca has a public enlightenment department.....more money should be voted into that department......and we can also have TV stations do enlightenment too as social welfare
anonimi:

Great idea and suggestion.
Who is going to do it- the more education/sensitisation/enlightenment
Two out of three is good but three out of three is 100% excellent.

Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by skukimania(f): 9:51am On Jul 29, 2019
anonimi:

It is because they believe in the existence of evil forces that many Nigerians and other Africans are leaving their countries in droves to go and enjoy the rigorous methodical work the Europeans have done for centuries to continuously analyse past, current and even future problems and act on the options for sustainable development.
Enjoy your irritation for the week.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

That Nigerians leave the country for more developed countries shouldn't be your source of sorrow. I see you know how to deviate from the main issue. Even within the country, people still leave their towns and villages for cities, where they think there are better opportunities and that has nothing to do with their beliefs.
When did civilization reached Europe & North America that you are comparing them with Africa?
We know people like you, how much development have you brought to Nigeria and Africa as a whole, oh yea child of Europe?

If you are asked to proffer a single solution to Nigeria's problems now, you can't .
Ewu! undecided
Re: Building Collapses In Bariga, Lagos by luluman: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Hahahahaha
I always wonder how greedy some landlords can be! Imagine d one dat caught fire earlier dis year, very close to dat WEMA bank, it has been rebranded.
Exactly close to the house I'm talking about. Parts of the house are falling off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isaac Fayose Threatens To Demolish Abuja House Over Tenants’ Debt / CBN Reveals How Nigerians Can Own A New Home, Pay Within 25 Years / Designed Pillars, Interlocking Tiles, Fancy Finishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.