Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. (48195 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ejemamaka: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
yeah
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Ajibade123(m): 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
from a since heart I will advise you to change your course.. medicine and surgery anywhere in Nigeria is always too high..I know somebody who applied last year in the same uniben with 285 and 71% in post utme Still couldn't make the list

anyway see steps you should take to achieve your career goals
https://explicitsuccess.com/steps-to-achieve-career-goals/
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Bbbwings: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
not anymore
S3ems I'm outdated in these matter.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by IamCharles123: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
InansBobo:
Change institution to Unimaid/UDUSOK if you're on your own

wow, you think the North is that wack? FYI, middlebelt guys(FCT, benue, i Kaduna, Kwara) are equally hot with several 300+ UTME scores so him coming to the North is not guaranteed at all with less than 280 without godfather
Make we hear word jor, is it not northern nigeria? if i have not been here i for believe you, but education here is really wack abeg.
There's only one northern school i can consider and that's abu zaria.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by DavidEsq(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
alfredo1:

mtschee...w
Typical
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
Psainte20:
see God speaking.....
I am not God but that's the fact. His grades in the relevant subjects are poor.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by AlphaT1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
EkunKekere:

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking? We ALL know how academically and economically "advanced" abo-ki land is and how we in the South lag behind in every human development index. Please accept my apologies grin

[img]https://images./6oGciHzYHkaroswJQcJB0T.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./2QhKhvOZOsjjH79czvdYCc.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

You are just quoting irrelevant personal opinions here. How does level of literacy equate to standard of education of a university? I am from the South mind you. The north being backwards in literacy level does not mean the federal universities there are of inferior standard to those in the south. You are mixing the whole thing up. Well, it is obvious you are not a researcher and just expressing your ill-formed personal opinions with no proof to back them up.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EkunKekere: 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
You poor chap and son of misfortune. My heart really goes out to you. I can't imagine having to spin a web of lies to reassure myself that the substandard degree I earned carries the same value as a superior one awarded by a superior institution.
That level of delusion borders on insanity.

[img]https://images./4p2kqT8yu2qd3hDqJqIT4O.jpg[/img]

AlphaT1:

You are just quoting irrelevant personal opinions here. How does level of literacy equate to standard of education of a university? I am from the South mind you. The north being backwards in literacy level does not mean the federal universities there are of inferior standard to those in the south. You are mixing the whole thing up. Well, it is obvious you are not a researcher and just expressing your ill-formed personal opinions with no proof to back them up.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by francanthony(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
tbh, your waec result is not bad if you are going for medicine, especially in uniben where your jamb score is divided by 8 and added to half of your pume score which is usually over 100.

But I will advise you to look inward, ask yourself if you can really work very hard so as to score above 70% in the post ume, so that you won't waste your time writing
pume for medicine while uniben will give u animal science or botany.

Somebody else might see this result as a weakness in some subject areas and go for less competitive and also lucrative courses. e.g If you are also good in math, you can try engineering. Infact just consult your jamb brochure.

Regards
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by AlphaT1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
EkunKekere:

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking? We ALL know how academically and economically "advanced" abo-ki land is and how we in the South lag behind in every human development index. Please accept my apologies grin

[img]https://images./6oGciHzYHkaroswJQcJB0T.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./2QhKhvOZOsjjH79czvdYCc.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

Biko stop quoting me with newspaper opinions. Haba, na personal newspaper opinions be ur facts or concrete proof? Nawao...no be graduate u be ni? If any examiner in the top universities (in the world) should see these sources you are quoting here in an assignment, it's an automatic zero, no need to read your work sef..Besides, you have even completely derailed from the main topic; standard of universities in the north vs South.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Elzak(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2019
iamvictorbassey:

I can be so sure because I graduated from their model secondary school. So calm down when I tell you what I know and not what I think.
You want to cook up a story and force it down people's throat just because you graduated from their model school. What abt people in the med school?

We have up to 10 Igbos in my class.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Jabarzee(m): 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your physical and biological sciences subjects are sadly amongst the weakest in your result.
You will not do well in Medicine.

A C5 in Biology means you have just an average knowledge of human cells, the anatomy and all the various systems that make up the human body.

A C6 in Chemistry means you have just a vague comprehension of chemicals, their properties and potential reactions with cells in the human body.

How can you diagnose and prescribe then without killing people? Those alone are the basics in MBBS.

My advice is this,
Study Geography and Planning or Geology up to the Ph.D level and you'd still be a doctor.

Afterall a doctor is still a doctor.
Even Papa Sherifatu the babalawo's business card reads Doctor.

You get badmouth
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Mamuzo13(f): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
pxjosh:
As much as I know, the grades you get in your WASSCE don't matter as long as you pass your 5 main subjects (Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology). There are people who studied Medicine in Uniben that their results were not as good as yours. Some even combined their WASSCE and NECO results.

What is considered for admission is your Jamb and Post-UTME scores. For instance, your UTME scores will be divided by 8 and your post-UTME scores will be divided by 2 (not sure if it's 2 or 4). So you can see that this your SSCE grades don't matter. Don't mind the people telling you that your WAEC result isn't good enough.

Your UTME score is great, just focus on acing your post-UTME and you will get Med & Surg by merit.

Pls can i combine 2 sittings to study medicine at lasu. It's urgent. If i can just combine d results then i will work really hard in my jamb
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Richohm(m): 2:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Pls, is five credit in chm, eng, phy, mth & bio. Sufficient for admission into ui's dentistry
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Richohm(m): 3:00am On Mar 09, 2020
This alone is what I have in a single result, except I will to combine result for other subject... Pls, I need urgent reply. Thanks.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by dunsin125: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2020
Richohm:
This alone is what I have in a single result, except I will to combine result for other subject... Pls, I need urgent reply. Thanks.
Actually I think UI has stopped using grades as a yardstick for admission......it depends on your jamb score and post utme score.

1 Like

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Richohm(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thank u very much... But my question mainly is if ui wud ask for 6 credit or the normal 5 credit in one sitting.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Richohm(m): 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
dunsin125:
Actually I think UI has stopped using grades as a yardstick for admission......it depends on your jamb score and post utme score.
Thank u very much... But my question mainly is if ui wud ask for 6 credit or the normal 5 credit in one sitting.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by dunsin125: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Richohm:

The requirement is at least 5 sittings.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by damajer: 1:58am On Apr 24, 2020
Learn Maths & English at home for FREE.
No need of providing us any details.
Just visit: https://uk.ixl.com
Username: jss1418 (for JSS 1)
Username: jss2418 (for JSS 2)
Username: jss3418 (for JSS 3)
Username: sss1418 (for SSS 1)
Username: sss2418 (for SSS 2)
Username: sss3418 (for SSS 3)
Password: general
For help on using the platform,
Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kdm3aX4n2Y
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Richohm(m): 12:10am On May 06, 2020
dunsin125:
The requirement is at least 5 sittings.
Alright, thank u much.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ADATANGSAM: 7:00pm On May 11, 2020
My brother i will advice you to change to Ekpoma or other state universities except you are prepared to score above 90% in your putme.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Adeesther56(f): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
Bbbwings:
If it is UI, he won't enter.
They lay emphasis on o level result.
me that i gained admission to ui
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Adeesther56(f): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Richohm:

what about clearance
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by uvie66: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?
comeooo how did you pass english with this terrible write up...I apply, instead of applied, am should have been I am. These are suppose to be basic english.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 08, 2022
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?

Hey brother, did you gain the admission?
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by edoairways: 9:39pm On May 08, 2022
blackgold90:

You can't enter uniben with that there are people who score AAA in biology chemistry and physics
Uniben don't use O'level results for calculations of post utme score
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Upnape: 7:18pm On Mar 13
can i study medicine and surgery in imsu with my post utme as 80

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#NoSchoolBagChallenge: Student Brings Coffin To School In South Africa / UNILAG Sacks Boniface Igbeneghu & Samuel Omoniyi Over Sex For Grade Scandal / The Moment A Nairalander Turns Graduate #girls_re_wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.