Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams (23145 Views)

2019-20 NPFL Season Kicks-Off Today, See Full Fixtures Of Match Day 1 / Know The 20 NPFL Teams Competing In The 2017/18 Season / Profiling The Newly Promoted Teams For The 2018 NPFL Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by LordPsalm(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
I wonder if these players use the same jersy more than once

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by uthlaw: 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
this one na league...away team cannot win
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by esiri4jesu(m): 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Promot your investment portfolio.
https://choicepropertiesblog..com/?m=1
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
lonelydora:
Nigerian league is what I will watch this year. I'm not ready to watch Premiership.

I am buying Naija to grow Naija
I love the spirit and appreciate the op for this but u could have gotten a recent pics the warri wolves pics still has former flying eagles keeper Ambrose vanzekin pics...
on the flip side it's high time nass sign the bill to make Nff a separate body from sports ministry...and football should well packaged as a premium business model...see as the pics worse pass amateur for abroad we go reach dee one day sha

4 Likes

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
Akwa Ibom now having two clubsides in NPFL, Akwa United and Akwa Starlets. Congratulations.
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
I heard Akwa Starlets have changed their team name.

But to be honest their promotion is an illegality as far as I am concerned. Thought the league rules bar feeder/farm teams from playing in the same division as the Senior team. It's crap.

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
LastSurvivor11:

Be ready to watch fight after ref don blow nonsense
do u know what referees go thru to officiate matches... when most match ain't on TV and security ain't guarantee how do u judge s referee...why do u think many times referee are beaten if not of aggrieved fans unhappy with referee decisions

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by cheapgoals(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
I love the spirit and appreciate the op for this but u could have gotten a recent pics the warri wolves pics still has former flying eagles keeper Ambrose vanzekin pics...
on the flip side it's high time nass sign the bill to make Nff a separate body from sports ministry...and football should well packaged as a premium business model...see as the pics worse pass amateur for abroad we go reach dee one day sha

You'r right brah.. I searched for every of the teams recent picture , I even send mails and chat them up on their social media platforms in regards with this articles and other. No single reply till now..

Took solace in searching from Google before the article lose its relevance

2 Likes

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
Treasure17:
I don't see anything professional about the league to start with. Congrats to them anyway. I hope MFM FC can win the league this season.

Those guys... sad They won't. Trust me.
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
cheapgoals:

You'r right brah.. I searched for every of the teams recent picture , I even send mails and chat them up on their social media platforms in regards with this articles and other. No single reply till now..

well I understand that's the Nigerian environment and tomoro they would say we don't hype the league...do u hype a non existent thing...this is why sometimes I don't blame rohr whose attention is full blast abroad... you don try ur own sha...we have a long way to go...if we want to learn South Africa and North africais a perfect example

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by cheapgoals(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
well I understand that's the Nigerian environment and tomoro they would say we don't hype the league...do u hype a non existent thing...this is why sometimes I don't blame rohr whose attention is full blast abroad...

Exactly the problem we are facing..

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by ejemamaka: 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by seguno2: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Are the teams privately owned or government sponsored.

Mostly government owned hence the poor performance and challenges.
The whole thing needs to be privatised ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Kapeter(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
hurlar2014:
Up sunshine star. We are winning the league this season.
in your dream abi? Heaven knows we can't win this thing even in next ten years.

2 Likes

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by balingaonline(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
until Gateway United promote to NPFL, ayam not begin to watch am.
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Kapeter(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
mansakhalifa:
I heard Akwa Starlets have changed their team name.

But to be honest their promotion is an illegality as far as I am concerned. Thought the league rules bar feeder/farm teams from playing in the same division as the Senior team. It's crap.
you are right. I wasn't expecting to see any feeders in the professional league. I don't know of what use and importance is their partnership with la liga if they can't copy some few rules to help shape the league to become standard. It's wrong and bad for both feeders and their senior team playing in professional league buh lmc been doing anyhow lately.

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Kapeter(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
balingaonline:
until Gateway United promote to NPFL, ayam not begin to watch am.
even shooting is finding it difficult to come back to npfl you are talking gateway. It sha will happen someday sha.

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kapeter:
you are right. I wasn't expecting to see any feeders in the professional league. I don't know of what use and importance is their partnership with la liga if they can't copy some few rules to help shape the league to become standard. It's wrong and bad for both feeders and their senior team playing in professional league buh lmc been doing anyhow lately.
Akwa Starlet is not a feeder team to Akwa united its just that,the name sounds almost the same and mind you they used to play their matches at oron stadium not uyo

2 Likes

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Kapeter(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
otuekong1:

Akwa Starlet is not a feeder team to Akwa united its just that,the name sounds almost the same and mind you they used to play their matches at oron stadium not uyo
i don't believe you. Who then is the owner/c.e.o of the akwa startlet?

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by bedfordking: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
A league where 90% of the teams are owned by state government how can it grow.

2 Likes

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Treasure17(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
mansakhalifa:

Those guys... sad They won't. Trust me.
Lol. They might we never can tell.
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Kapeter:
i don't believe you. Who then is the owner/c.e.o of the akwa startlet?
Akwa Ibom state government
Remember Rivers state government used to have Sharks fc and Dolphins fc
Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by udeanaruaguagu: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Come Mr Poster.....

Aniedi Dickson is the Chairman of Akwa Starlets and

Lawrence Kingsley is the Coach.

Please take note and correct this small expensive mistakes!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by anonimi: 3:24am On Jul 31, 2019
lonelydora:
Nigerian league is what I will watch this year. I'm not ready to watch Premiership.

I am buying Naija to grow Naija

Na you biko.
This is the spirit that makes a country respected in the comity of nations.
Way to go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by anonimi: 3:27am On Jul 31, 2019
bedfordking:
A league where 90% of the teams are owned by state government how can it grow.

That is the main issue.
The clubs and the entire league itself is not run with the goal of making profit through effective and efficient use of all resources.
As if any of the successful clubs in Britain and Europe are owned by the government.
When will we act like we have sense sef

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by anonimi: 3:30am On Jul 31, 2019
Kapeter:

The partnership is another cover for looting and stealing the people's money while exciting the electorate who don't ask tough questions and analyse issues thoroughly.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by anonimi: 3:33am On Jul 31, 2019
cheapgoals:

You have done well bro. Excellently well.
May the Good Lord reward your labour of love. Amen.
Keep it up. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams by cheapgoals(m): 4:47am On Jul 31, 2019
anonimi:

You have done well bro. Excellently well.
May the Good Lord reward your labour of love. Amen.
Keep it up. Cheers.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.