Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head (379 Views)

Man Finds Live Python In Motorcycle Engine In Anambra (Photos, Video) / Man Seen At D Top Of MMA2 Terminal / Man Finds Snake On His Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head by chubbyblackdick: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
A popular figure in Nigeria after a famous live interview aired on a breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily of the Channels Television, Shem Obafaiye of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, (NSCDC),who coined the word, ’my oga at the top’ has eventually also found himself at the top.

Penpushing reports that, ‘my oga at the top’ initiator, who is now Assistant Commandant General has been transferred to head the Zone F of the Defence which covers Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun States, with Abeokuta as the operational Headquarters.

The Zonal boss has resumed Wednesday, and on resumption, he held a management meeting with the high ranking officers of the Defence which include the Provost, Civil Defender College Of Security Management, Commandant Awosusi Rachel and the Acting Zonal Commander, Commandant Akinbo and other Senior officers

Penpushing further reports that, he also paid an unscheduled visit to the Corps State Command office, located opposite GTBank at Kuto area of Abeokuta, where Commandant Obiyo and his Management Staff received him

The Assistant Commandant General of the Defence took over from the immediate past Assistant Commandant General in charge of the Zone, Popoola Waheed Bamidele who was officially sent on retirement on April 15, 2019.

Penpushing reports that, following controversy which trailed his proclamation of ‘my oga at the top’ Shem Obafaiye was transferred in 2013 to serve in Oyo State after his meritorious service in Lagos State Command, also served in Ekiti State respectively.

The new Zonal Commander also served in Ondo, Kaduna, Imo, Bauchi, Taraba, Kogi, Corps National Headquarter in Abuja and was sometimes the Head of the Corps Zone B.

Penpushing recalled that, the incident which brought him fame and into limelight was while speaking as a guest at the station’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, where he was answering questions on the employment scams in Government Agencies.

The Civil Defence Corps boss, during the interview insisted that the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) was not part of the job racketeering, stressing that, “I can assure you that in Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, nothing like that is happening,” .

Penpushing recalled that, Obafaiye ran into trouble water during the interview session when he was asked to state the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps( NSCDC’s) website for members of the public who would like to get information about the agency.

“The one (website) that we are going to make use of is going to be made known by my Oga at the top. Yes. I can’t announce one now, and my Oga says it’s another one that we are going to use,” Obafaiye had said.

The programme’s anchor however, insisted to know the website address in the interest of the general public, and at this stage, Obafaiye who was then heading the Lagos Command of the Defence said, “If you want to know about NSCDC as at now. Ok, www.nscdc…. That’s all.”

Penpushing also recalled that, the interview, was later compressed into a 1 minute 8 seconds video, which went viral on social media, with music DJs spinning off a ‘remix’ of the interview and shirts with the ‘Oga at the top’ insignia’ retailed on online shops.

The dramatic development was thereafter followed with a rumour which viral that Obafaiye had been suspended following his ‘dismal’ outing at the March 6, 2013 interview, but in swift response, the then Commandant General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps( NSCDC), Dr Ade Abolurin, however, stoutly denied it.

Penpushing reports that Abolurin who spoke with journalists after the annual National Co-operative Corps insisted that he (Obafaiye) had not committed any offence, adding, “We are still on course because he has not committed any offence”.

Source: http://www.penpushingng.org/index.php/news/item/3943-flashback-my-oga-at-the-top-civil-defence-eventually-finds-self-at-the-top-becomes-zonal-head
Re: Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head by bigl: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
FTC!

Congrats to me and oga at the top!

U see, u eventually become whatever u confess!
Re: Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head by Bilabong(m): 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
bigl:
FTC!
Congrats to me and oga at the top!
U see, u eventually become whatever u confess!
If this post no make FP ur ticket don cut be that o...

1 Like

Re: Flashback: "My Oga At D Top" Eventually Finds Self At The Top Becomes Zonal Head by bigl: 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
Bilabong:

If this post no make FP ur ticket don cut be that o...

Lol!

Abeg, una ogas wey get the key to front page, abeg, move am to land of front page o!

(1) (Reply)

Concrete Roof Top Deck Facing Express For Rent / How To Get Unlimited Data For Free On Mtn,glo,airtel, And 9mobile. / A South African Wrote Openly About The Ordeal He Had Been Through.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.