Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police (30900 Views)

Youths Lynch 2 Scrap Collectors For Beating Young Man To Death In Akwa Ibom / #LekkiMassacre: CNN Reacts To Lekki Toll Gate Massacre / 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested For Alleged Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by sugaslim(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hw many Gig and hw much?
KmniAutos:
Uk used iphone 7
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by efrebor177: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
That's the Nigerian factor at work. Even under Buhari's nose there is corrupt.
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by DameB(f): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
Yankee101:
The solution to Nigerian corruption is automation. Compulsory integrity
They wouldn't agree cos those at the top cannot doctor the records when it finally gets to them.... They steal at all tiers, if you automate stealing will be more rigorous for them
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Kinikini: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
This is inevitable. The theft cannot be against the LCC only. Users of the toll pass whose account are subjected to sweeping retro-debit must have fallen victims to fraudulent debits. LCC should own up and refund such fraudulent debits.

alphonsojaybaz:
18 Lekki toll collectors handed over to police

The Lekki Concession Company Limited has handed over 18 toll collectors, suspected to have defrauded it of huge sums of money, to the police for investigation.

The Managing Director, LCC, Mr Mubashiru Hassan, who made this known in a statement on Wednesday, said the affected employees took advantage of the operational hitches, which occurred in January, to perpetrate some sharp practices at the Admiralty Circle Toll Plaza in Lekki, Lagos.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, According to him, following the resolution of the hitches in June, the operations department carried out an audit and discovered some anomalies in transactions, such as the abuse of the transaction unblock key and non-adherence to vehicle processing procedures, including the receipt of money from customers without processing the vehicles and non-issuance of toll receipts to customers after receiving payment.

“Other offences were sabotage of toll equipment; non-adherence to the controls and operating procedures, including the use of personal phones in the booths; processing of vehicles on another person’s profile; and recording and accounting for low traffic numbers during peak periods,” the statement said.

Hassan was quoted as saying that consequent upon the discovery, the affected workers were queried and a disciplinary committee was set up to look into the matter.

He stated, “Out of the 56 suspected staff members, six were exonerated and 18 were indicted in the first batch and handed over to the police on July 11, 2019, for further investigation, while the remaining 32 are still undergoing internal questioning before decisive action will be taken against them in line with the disciplinary policies of the company.

“The LCC management will never tolerate any fraudulent act and will handle such behaviour decisively.”

He described the affected workers as unrepentant as “they have not seen what they have done as a criminal offence.”

“Instead, they have gone on the social media to malign the competence and character of the management staff, especially the managing director and managers in the operations department, who investigated and unravelled the fraudulent act,” Hassan stated.

source : https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/08/01/18-lekki-toll-collectors-handed-over-to-police/
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by djon78(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
babaobakonami:
Until government or Business owners pay good salaries.. And other allowance.. Corruption won't end

Thank you very much
The kind of salaries paid to workers is terrible
Compare those working for foreign multinationals in Nigeria to those working in private sector and for government. You will see miles apart.

As long as people are paid pittance
They will find ways to cut corners
Companies should pay there workers well

1 Like

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by martineverest(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
Mutemenot:
that's Nigeria for you, sometimes you wonder why businesses don't survive in the absence of the owners .everybody wants it fast fast
as in eh....the mentality of average nigerians is riddled with corruption
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by martineverest(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
babaobakonami:
Until government or Business owners pay good salaries.. And other allowance.. Corruption won't end
your senators, governors etc that are earning huge salaries are still corrupt...my point is greed and over ambition has taken over nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by id911(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2019
All the 18 staff members of LCC arrested are all guilty of fraud. It has been going on there for ages. Even the supervisors and managers are part of the scheme. Don't ask me how I know. LCC na fraudulent company... thief, thief from thief grin grin with peanuts they are paying those guys, make them free them jare grin

1 Like

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Adeniyii2017: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2019
babaobakonami:
I disagree sir.. human wants are insatiable.. at least, last time I checked my economics textbook, it was still there.
Those were just obvious loopholes and greed.

1 Like

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by flowx(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
No wonder, those guys used the system failure that occurred around February to May this year to defraud us.

From February this year I was just passing the toll gate without Kobo in my Account.

I discussed it with my colleagues at work they told me that we should just be looking at them and see what is going to happen because many of them were in the same situation.

But late May, the barriers refused to open for many people especially we that are using fast lane or card.

They told us to go and settle ourselves in their office. Though, they would manually open the barriers for us after some times.

On getting to their office the third day with N15000, they directed me to someone to check my balance.

Eventually, I was owing N15,167. So, I paid N15000 that I was with me and I was about to go. But another guy called my attention to it that the barrier will not open until I add another money.

I later used my card to pay another N 10000 on that day. But my mind was telling me that fraud is going on in Lekki toll gate.

Those guys are smart. I know what they did to the system.

And I also noticed that the fraud is still going on.

Since Monday my balance is showing me N4,040. I have passed that road almost 8 times this week and my balance remain thesame.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Yankee101: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
GISpro:

I quite disagree. I believe the solution to Nigeria's problem is building responsible youths who cherish honesty and sincerity.

No matter the level of automation, there will still be need for human input.

TSA
IPPIS

Prevention of stealing is not only about integrity. You must remove opportunity

1 Like

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by nijabazaar: 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
GISpro:

I quite disagree. I believe the solution to Nigeria's problem is building responsible youths who cherish honesty and sincerity.

Sharp has almost no human input in its factories, same with huawei
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by 9jatriot(m): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2019
I respectfully disagree with you and the other guy. It has become a culture for us. Go into Shell, Total, and Chevron, the amount of fraud and kick backs some of those guy perpetuate despite their humongous salary will let you know that stealing has become a culture for us.

djon78:

Thank you very much
The kind of salaries paid to workers is terrible
Compare those working for foreign multinationals in Nigeria to those working in private sector and for government. You will see miles apart.

As long as people are paid pittance
They will find ways to cut corners
Companies should pay there workers well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Nemesis909: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
id911:
All the 18 staff members of LCC arrested are all guilty of fraud. It has been going on there for ages. Even the supervisors and managers are part of the scheme. Don't ask me how I know. LCC na fraudulent company... thief, thief from thief grin grin with peanuts they are paying those guys, make them free them jare grin

How much do they pay?
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
Why has everybody forgotten so soon that Fashola said he had paid back what Lagos was owing LCC and the contract was cancelled. That was in the heat of protests that followed the rate increase.

So why has LCC not disappeared or merged with alpha-beta, at least?
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by id911(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
Nemesis909:

How much do they pay?

Some people will be inside AC playing games with computers and they are paid over 500k while those in the field doing the actual work are paid 50k, why dem no go find means to thief?
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Nemesis909: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
id911:

Some people will be inside AC playing games with computers and they are paid over 500k while those in the field doing the actual work are paid 50k, why dem no go find means to thief?

Are you saying they are paid 50k?

Are you suggesting someone who's spent 4 years at university, with various certifications, understands 4 programming languages and such should earn the same with someone who doesn't even need a school certificate to function at his work?
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Olorunnim: 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
Those people are thieves my change fo their hand this year to don reach 10,000 some would say ticket no gree comot for printer Some would even insult you if you insist on collecting your balance.
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by romenna: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
most Nigerians are thieves.
a married colleague in my office, a mother for that matter, also involves herself in sharp practices. #stealing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by MyGeneration(m): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
Sack them all.

Nigeria work no dae and u get the oppurtunity to work and u are abusing the priviledge

1 Like

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by djon78(m): 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
Nemesis909:

Are you saying they are paid 50k?

Are you suggesting someone who's spent 4 years at university, with various certifications, understands 4 programming languages and such should earn the same with someone who doesn't even need a school certificate to function at his work?

You are talking 50k too much.
Some graduates are paid 20k.
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by TheStarsAlign: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
GISpro:

Yankee101 is absolutely correct. If for example they adopt card reading technology; you drive-in, slot your card i.e make payment & drive off, there won't be need for anybody to steal (at least not at the gate). Some of those workers even become abusive and rude when they expect you to dash them your change and you refuse. It's something I've experienced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by djon78(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
9jatriot:
I respectfully disagree with you and the other guy. It has become a culture for us. Go into Shell, Total, and Chevron, the amount of fraud and kick backs some of those guy perpetuate despite their humongous salary will let you know that stealing has become a culture for us.

I understand your point. There is greed in the system but still doesn't deny the fact that majority of Nigerian workforce are underpaid.
That's how some of them develop the thief mentality and cutting corners.

I have worked in the private sector and I know what I am saying. In fact many people that work in Nigerian firms don't even depend on there salary. They cut corners. Look at civil service how much is there salary, but many of them cut corners.

This is another reason why the productivity level of our workforce is very low and poor.
Most people just go to work to mark time with exception of few private companies
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by RZArecta2(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
Those people are a nuisance if you don’t have change especially at night, dem don chop me tire undecided
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by raphy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
They should release them joor .why CNT they go after the politifcian in the country?wasn't the way free before? They where not paying them well so there families are hungry even the most corrupted if the. All is still in aso rock.

Stupid people.

Let them remove the thing let the road be as it was in 2001.they will continue to steal and nothing gonna stop Tht.
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by KmniAutos(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
sugaslim:
Hw many Gig and hw much?

32gb...90k
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by 27Pushing30: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2019
Yankee101:
The solution to Nigerian corruption is automation. Compulsory integrity
Lol everywhere go cast fir fraud

Now it’s programming things for fraud
Re: 18 Lekki Toll Collectors Arrested By Police by Folohunsho20(m): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
Abeg, how much did they chart away, just by close estimation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Gets N400 Airtime From Bank Scammer / 2 Men Caught trying to Steal Car With Toy Gun, Breaks screen this Morning(Pics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Agagbe In Benue, Inflict Injuries On People (Graphic!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.