Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,635 members, 7,840,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Bet Awards 2010 Cypher - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Bet Awards 2010 Cypher (1559 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Ice Prince.Wizkid & Sarkodie Nominated For BET Awards 2012 / Nominees For 2011 Bet Awards ,tuface ,d Banj Nominated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by Bawses(m): 4:20am On Oct 17, 2010
What the hell happened to Naija rap artist or am i missing something
Watched the Award show and saw all the Cypher rap performances.
Belee this or not, i watched Ghanian wacked artists( i mean wacked cus u can't
compare em to what we ave in Naija) perform, And i was like where the hell
is MI, M9 et al. Some one please clear me out!!!!
Am soo vexed right now.
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by Rated18: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2010
You're seconded Bawses. It was pretty nauseating to watch what i consider a blunder! Does it mean that Ghana is being rated ahead of Naija Musically? that singular act made me have less regard for the BET management.  angry
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by 04kaa: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2010
nigerian rappers cannot freestyle, BET no want make naija disgrace the bet cypha, grin grin
shout out to my boy ''bones brigante'' holding it down for 106 n park freestyle friday
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by hax: 7:50am On Oct 18, 2010
'I'm bringing real rap back y'all can THANK ME
My jeans ain't skinny and my leg ain't STANKY'
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by Emaprince: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2010
@post
i came to this site today with this same question in mind.thanx for raising it.I was wondering also even though i didn't start it from the begining and I was thinking maybe naija boys did theirs earlier.to be honest,I listened to the ghanians and was dissapointed.I think I prefered them spitting in their language so nobody can detect their wackness.I even thaught south african dudes will have their part also cos Naija and S.A parades the best rappers in Africa.I think naija may get their opportunity next year cos last year,they had a tanzanian guy Gwsan spitting with likes of krs one,eminem,mosdef etc.
04kaa:

nigerian rappers cannot freestyle, BET no want make naija disgrace the bet cypha, grin grin
shout out to my boy ''bones brigante'' holding it down for 106 n park freestyle friday

stop deceiving yourself mehn! you believed that was freestyle? are u still a kid to know a real freestyle?
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by 04kaa: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2010
who is this one talking to??/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Re: Bet Awards 2010 Cypher by Bamsyle2(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2010
Bawses:

What the hell happened to Naija rap artist or am i missing something
Watched the Award show and saw all the Cypher rap performances.
Belee this or not, i watched Ghanian wacked artists( i mean wacked cus u can't
compare em to what we ave in Naija) perform, And i was like where the hell
is MI, M9 et al. Some one please clear me out!!!!
Am soo vexed right now.

Seconded . . .

I was thinking the same when I watched the cyphas too . . . Naija catz like Modenine, Terry Tha Rapman, MI, Ice Prince, etc will bury these Ghanaian acts . . .

My fave was the one with Kanye West, Pusha T, Big Sean, Common . . . Big Sean surprised me with his awesome delivery . . . and Common nailed it . . . plus I like Kanye's opener on selling his soul - kinda kidding 'em critics who be on that ish . . .

Ema prince:

. . . I think I prefered them spitting in their language so nobody can detect their wackness.

Seconded . . . 'em Ghanaian rappers are at their best when they spit in their language (Tinny and Tic Tac are good examples).

Naija and S.A parades the best rappers in Africa.

Very true.

(1) (Reply)

PLS I NEED UR HELP / Christian Rapper Lecrae Drops Anomaly Album / FULL ALBUM : Kiss Daniel – “new Era”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.