Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) (66663 Views)

Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Agege (PHOTO) / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Berger Bus Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by martineverest(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:
if this project is more than N5b then it is a huge waste
it's more than 15bn

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2019
anonimi:

A city without basics like metro/light rail, 24/7 electricity, water, free & compulsory school for all children, healthcare, parks etc is there anything world class about such a dumpsite in a shittyhole nation
What should we call paupers who like to pop champagne? Alaru to n je bread, awo ori e ni o nje ti ko'mo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by freeze001(f): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2019
I mentioned that this was or is Nigeria where thieves had to be factored into most contracts and last I checked, Lagos and Akwa Ibom are both in Nigeria so what is there to reconcile other than the obvious?
sinola:

The same amount of money was used by senator Godswill Akpabio to build a world class ultra modern stadium in uyo... How can you reconcile that....?

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by anonimi: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2019
martineverest:
it's more than 15bn

shocked angry

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Bluntemperor: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2019
Ambode has his own personal issues no doubt but always thinking ahead of others when he was the Governor then.we all know in this State,nobody has the amount of project Price since the return of 3rd Republic politicians.While Ambode had 4years reign,we can't also point to one good achievement made by those that spent 8 good years in Lagos.God bless Nigeria.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2019
anonimi:

shocked angry
That is to tell you how wicked the politicians are in Nigeria, 15 billion naira shared by thieves to eat amala, bokoto, shaki, fried chicken, Turkey, goat meat, salad, Nkwobi, Hennessey, legend stout, and the zombies on Nairaland are clapping hands for them shouting Sai baba, Sai PDP, Sai DDD, APC, CCX, BDR etc and they are dying of hunger and starvation daily, what a paradox

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by farem: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2019
[s]
EVILFOREST:
WATCH and SEE how the place becomes a DUMP SITE and SHITTTING GROUND

CHARACTERISTICS of a BLACKMAN;
- dirty
- greedy
- wasteful
- religious
- unkempt.
- tribalistic.
- impatient.
- aggressive
- destructive.
- wickedness
- complicated.
- shortsighted.
- loud mouthed.
- proud and empty.
For the TRUTH will always be bitter
[/s]

You prefer the below as a "white" man that you are!

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by tysamuel: 11:16am On Aug 02, 2019
Well, to be honest with you brothers, the project is such a good one, nice edifice. But, to point at this very project in the next 5-7 years as being vital to the State's transport system as it might look now will be questionable.

Will this project be maintained effectively?
Will it's running cost be affordable even if the government changes?
Now, what of the security of lives? That project is situated in a "get-an-eye-behind-your-head" neighbourhood. It houses quite a number of underground basements. Are there adequate live motion-capturing feeds from that car-park to secure lives and properties?

Ariwo ko ni music o!
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Tungbaski04(m): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2019
kettykin:
what is this onw saying..just appreciate and pass
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Okoroawusa: 11:28am On Aug 02, 2019
I love Lagos
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Nnahokwudiri: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2019
Night time pictures are nice but if you see the day time pictures of the terminal then you will get a real picture of the place .
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by baratech: 11:51am On Aug 02, 2019
Welldone sir
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Ugosample(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Misplaced priority. Need something utilitarian, this is luxury considering the type of animalistic human beings who will ply their trade in there i.e. the touts and bus drivers.

By the time agbero start to smoke and sell their weed inside, they will vandalize the place, remove all the metallic fittings and sell as scrap. Them go even shít for there sef. Only if Lagos can allocate offices to all the private interstate transporters like Young Shall Grow, GiG etc and ensure they run their Oshodi offices inside the place, otherwise MC Oluomo & co will turn the place to one big toilet before year end. . . .

exactly my concern
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Ishilove: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
anonimi:

Inferiority complex based largely on current realities

Anonimi, people are running away from their countries because of hardship. Don't blame them for the poverty that caused them to flee to their watery deaths. Blame their leaders who have turned their electorate to walking corpses.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by onpoint69(m): 12:27pm On Aug 02, 2019

and how did you come about that figure
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
Londonboyrep:
Nice but will it still look like this in 10 years' time or will our usual non-maintenance culture come into play? Time will tell but I will not hold my breath. Every time I pass through MMA I nearly always weep. This used to be one of the most beautiful airports in the world modelled after Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam but look at it now? A truly embarrassing national edifice.

Do you still look like what you looked like 10 years ago?
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Ajibade123(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
wow this is so beautiful........ Check out why fleet telematics is so important to your business delivery

https://explicitsuccess.com/fleet-telematics/
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Londonboyrep(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Do you still look like what you looked like 10 years ago?

Daft comparison. Am I an infrastructure or a building? Don’t comment just for the sake of commenting and make yourself look stupid.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Tomisin01: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2019
Real Lagos
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by humberjade: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
I imagine sey na Imo State this beautiful edifice dey....Amadioha for don strike am down grin
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
Londonboyrep:

Daft comparison. Am I an infrastructure or a building? Don’t comment just for the sake of commenting and make yourself look stupid.

Embalmed foool commenting from the anus!
Sophisticated dingbat!
Something used continually for 10 years doesn't have the right to wear out.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by anonimi: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
Ishilove:
Anonimi, people are running away from their countries because of hardship. Don't blame them for the poverty that caused them to flee to their watery deaths. Blame their leaders who have turned their electorate to walking corpses.

Do you mean that their leaders are imported from where
How are the leaders different from the people?

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Londonboyrep(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Embalmed foool commenting from the anus!
Sophisticated dingbat!
Something used continually for 10 years doesn't have the right to wear out.

Some people just display their stupidity publicly it's shocking. No, A house is not a car or a living thing and can stay the same or even look better in the future if maintained properly. Actually this, in saner climates, should look better in 10years if taken care of and updated. Stop talking like a slowpoke. Because I don't understand what you are insulting me for. I never said this is bad all I said is can we maintain it. Saying do I expect a building to remain the same after 10years is a very stupid comment. The Airport MMA was fashioned after looks better than it did originally and its twice as old as our airport. Village idiot.
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by MaziEDOZIE(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2019
freeze001:
It cost N22.4bn just because this is Nigeria and thieves must be factored into any government budget/expenditure. sad
https://punchng.com/new-oshodi-project-starts-june-1-costs-n22-4bn/

What about Sen.Rochas Okorocha of IMO that awarded #20billion Contracts to people without execution, what will call such "Iberibristic" act?

Ambode tried as a Governor
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by kingyong2473(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
AMBODE SHOULD BE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT, EXCELLENT LEADER
odinceblog:
The Oshodi Transport Interchange, with three terminals, is now open to Lagos residents who want to commute from Oshodi to TBS, Obalende and Berger. The Terminal was built under the administration of Gov. Ambode, Immediate past Governor of Lagos state.

Oshodi used to be a transport hub of bedlam. But now some serenity has been restored to the area, thanks to the engineering idea of a Nigerian company, Planet Projects and the Lagos State Government that built the interchange, which was commissioned by President Buhari some months ago.

SEE MORE PHOTOS; https://odinceblog.com/the-world-class-oshodi-bus-terminal-built-by-ambode-is-now-open-photos/
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by lagosinnovator: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
LAGOS GUFFAMENT .. NO BE ALL POT HOLES UNA GO GIVE OUT AS CONTRACT ...FERMA CAN DO BETTER
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by freeze001(f): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Like I said, this is Nigeria where thieves and kleptomaniacs are considered and factored into contracts even before the actual masses that own the money and on whose behalf the so called contract is supposed to be awarded. There is no exonerating one to crucify the other.
MaziEDOZIE:

What about Sen.Rochas Okorocha of IMO that awarded #20billion Contracts to people without execution, what will call such "Iberibristic" act?
Ambode tried as a Governor
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
ambode is a wise man, i've said it before if Nigeria or a state wants to make money, they should take charge of the entire transport system, remove all commercial buses from the road and use government regulated buses, if possible contract private companies to handle some of the buses. as for the commercial drivers employ the credible and certified ones.

one major problem we have in Nigeria is over population, there have to be a federal government and state body that regulates population, 200 million people in a small country is insane and evil, arrest people giving birth unnecessary and take their children away from them, then they will understand.

its not difficult to rule a country for Christ sake, just follow what is done in the western world and try to emulate it

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Londonboyrep(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
PropaMan:
ambode is a wise man, i've said it before if Nigeria or a state wants to make money, they should take charge of the entire transport system, remove all commercial buses from the road and use government regulated buses, if possible contract private companies to handle some of the buses. as for the commercial drivers employ the credible and certified ones.

one major problem we have in Nigeria is over population, there have to be a federal government and state body that regulates population, 200 million people in a small country is insane and evil, arrest people giving birth unnecessary and take their children away from them, then they will understand.

its not difficult to rule a country for Christ sake, just follow what is done in the western world and try to emulate it
Excellent comment - Only thing I don't agree with is taking children away from people who give birth unnecessarily. Even western countries don't do that and trust me there are still some irresponsible people doing it. Just this week I read about a family of over 20 children in the UK and yes it's few and far between but it happens. I think incorporating most people who already work in the transport sector and pay them salaries will work otherwise what do you expect those people to do? Most have no other skill and we cannot abandon such a large group to their fate otherwise we are inviting trouble.

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2019
Londonboyrep:

Excellent comment - Only thing I don't agree with is taking children away from people who give birth unnecessarily. Even western countries don't do that and trust me there are still some irresponsible people doing it. Just this week I read about a family of over 20 children in the UK and yes it's few and far between but it happens. I think incorporating most people who already work in the transport sector and pay them salaries will work otherwise what do you expect those people to do? Most have no other skill and we cannot abandon such a large group to their fate otherwise we are inviting trouble.

Thank you, when i say taking away children away from their parents, i meant those kinds that live in a very bad condition, I've seen so many families living in batchers ( wooden houses) where their kids cant even attend free government education because they can't eat or afford basic needs such as notebook or pencil for these kids. in situation like these the Government is meant to take those kids from those parents,

regarding the transport system i said the government should employ the normal commercial drivers, but the credible and certified ones, because in Nigeria anybody is a commercial driver once they find a bus that's all, most of them dont even have a drivers license, so if you are not a certified driver you shouldn't be driving a bus because you're putting people's life at risk.

That's why every problem in Nigeria boils down to over population, it needs to be controlled
Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Londonboyrep(m): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2019
PropaMan:

Thank you, when i say taking away children away from their parents, i meant those kinds that live in a very bad condition, I've seen so many families living in batchers ( wooden houses) where their kids cant even attend free government education because they can't eat or afford basic needs such as notebook or pencil for these kids. in situation like these the Government is meant to take those kids from those parents,

regarding the transport system i said the government should employ the normal commercial drivers, but the credible and certified ones, because in Nigeria anybody is a commercial driver once they find a bus that's all, most of them dont even have a drivers license, so if you are not a certified driver you shouldn't be driving a bus because you're putting people's life at risk.

That's why every problem in Nigeria boils down to over population, it needs to be controlled
Agree and this is standard practice in developed countries too. If you cant take care of your kids social services take them away and either give them to parents who can but have no children or put them in a hostel. I'm impressed by the level of intellect on here and I have great faith Nigeria will be great soon but we need to stop practicing money politics where the fattest pockets and not the best brains win.

1 Like

Re: The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2019
udemzyudex:

Most APC supporters are saying he didn't do anything, the same person they praise as the best APC governor in 2015.

Those zombies...they have no mind of their own. Their way na one way...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last / I Need Directions Please. / Onitsha At Night, The Las Vegas Of Nigeria (pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.