Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons (27082 Views)

What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them / Custom Madness With Phones Shipped From Overseas / Why Are Shipped From Overseas Mobile Phones So Cheap???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by IMASTEX: 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2019
Here is what I was told today at a phone vendor's place. As I inquired of a particular Nokia make, that hasn't been lunched in Nigeria. Nokia X71 (8.1 plus). "It was obvious the phone can only be ordered online from overseas" I told the vendor. Then she repied as follows:

Phone brands "Nokia" ordered from overseas via Jumia is without warranty. Secondly, It is not a Nigeria specification. Hence, There might be a challenge if there are need for repair. As the exact parts may not be readily available at the Nigeria Nokia Care Centre. Except the person send it back to the country it was ordered from whenever there is a need for repair.
Is the above claims true?
I was almost paying for the one she offered as against my desired spec.

1. What are the differences between global version & the chanise version in phones?

2. Does version have anything to do with the phone's quality?

3. I noticed a wide price gap at a Nokia brand outlet today as against the Jumia online price. Though, that of Jumia is an order from overseas. Does this have anything to do with quantity?

Please how true are the above submissions. I've been doing a little research on what brand & make of phone to purchase within a budget of 100k to 150k. Though, I was kind of considering Nokia & Huawei phones.

Mods you can help to escalate it. Really need to get clarifications.

1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Onyenna(m): 2:38am On Aug 02, 2019
Repair of such phones might be hard cos of lack of spare parts.... But you can as well order the damaged parts too Eg screen...[extra stress]......

Summary: If you're not the extremely careful type, i suggest you buy the model[s] we have here...

My kinda person can order for such phones cos i can use a phone for 3yrs without it falling and breaking...

38 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by tigerclaws: 3:19am On Aug 02, 2019
congratulations you've been successfully brainwashed by a mere sales girl grin

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by felix55(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2019
na wa ooo , d sales girl want u to buy Tecno ,infinix or itel from them...guy wake up..I prefer overseas phone cos s durable & parts available...

30 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by SanLorrenzo(m): 6:48am On Aug 02, 2019
Buying overseas from Jumia is costly because those sellers there actually buy them from other foreign shops like Amazon or Aliexpress before the resell to you on Jumia

It would be better you order it from Aliexpress or Amazon directly as it would be cheaper

Secondy, if you buy the phone with a screen guard and pouch, you would be guaranteed to use it for an extended period without any problems

Happy buyings

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by MrBONE2(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2019
Funny to see that oups was brainSmached by ordinary SiSi from TrassionCrap company,ayam ashame of U grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Amehdgreat01(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2019
Na true the girl tell you ooo, I been the you Samsung Galaxy BK then, when the phone touchpad getb problem, imagine for my state they say make I sendam go Lagos BK then,
So imagine say na oversea paro....
Even if you you order the part from overseas, we go Sabi fixam for this country?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by BlackPantherxXx: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2019
angry

I would advise you not to try it.

Apart from the possibility of damage... those courier companies would bill you to the gills.

Fedex swindled me of almost 70k and despite evidence of not remitting it to the FG, they threatened me through every possible channel.

Unfortunately i couldn't find any contact email for the relevant authorities to forward the evidence and so i gave up.

4 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Changetonaira1: 8:19am On Aug 02, 2019
grin
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Bloggz74(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2019
IMASTEX:
Here is what I was told today at a phone vendor's place. As I inquired of a particular Nokia make, that hasn't been lunched in Nigeria. Nokia X71 (8.1 plus). "It was obvious the phone can only be ordered online from overseas" I told the vendor. Then she repied as follows:

Phone brands "Nokia" ordered from overseas via Jumia is without warranty. Secondly, It is not a Nigeria specification. Hence, There might be a challenge if there are need for repair. As the exact parts may not be readily available at the Nigeria Nokia Care Centre. Except the person send it back to the country it was ordered from whenever there is a need for repair.

1. What are the differences between global version & the chanise version in phones?

3. I noticed a wide price gap at a Nokia brand outlet today as against the Jumia online price. Though, that of Jumia is an order from overseas. Does this have anything to do with quantity?

Please how true are the above submissions. I've been doing a little research on what brand & make of phone to purchase within a budget of 100k to 150k. Though, I was kind of considering Nokia & Huawei phones.

FACT FROM SOURCE.

2 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by ikaboy: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2019
Check back here for details
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Innobee99(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2019
Onyenna:
Repair of such phones might be hard cos of lack of spare parts.... But you can as well order the damaged parts too Eg screen...[extra stress]......

Summary: If you're not the extremely careful type, i suggest you buy the model[s] we have here...

My kinda person can order for such phones cos i can use a phone for 3yrs without it falling and breaking...
Jetli, well done

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by LaIabobo: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Lmao... She just wants sell her market.

Jumia don spoil show for those phone sellers.

I use a Nokia from Jumia and I can tell you it's the same and way cheaper.

The phone is the Global version same as those sold by Slot and it receives updates periodically.

Only that it doesn't have warranty, abeg who warranty help, warranty that you'll still pay for repairs again.

The price difference of buying from Jumia and Slot is about 30-40k and is just too much to be ignored.

23 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Dottore: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by helinues: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Why ordering a single item from abroad?

Really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by sikes04(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Very true... Wen u wan repair am na den u go know say u no Wise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by mysteriousman(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Kindly buy a phone that have outlets here, you can excuse the usual infinix and tecno if you want, xaomi and huawei phones still cut it

4 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Isoduwa(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
IMASTEX:

Give me 150k i will you brand new iPhone 8
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by SeraphicTimes: 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
The sales reps deserve promotion.

2 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by planetx13: 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Why is everyone saying "brainwash"... she gave sensible reasons , instead of shouting brainwash , why not just counter her reasons and/or suggest better alternatives......

Ciao

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Hoodbilonia: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2019
My samsung s8 plus screen glass finally cracked after its 78th flip off from my hands.still working .
didnt affct the touch,
Ordered replacement from amazon 90$
Na who wan epp me replace am i dey fear
Cos our hand too strong
Iron hand
Make dem no go damage am
Any samsung service center in benin wey sure
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Topmaike007(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2019
The brain washing is too much
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by careytommy37(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2019
tigerclaws:
congratulations you've been successfully brainwashed by a mere sales girl grin

I cant believe a young chap with access to internet can be easily deceived. Now imagine our not too IT compliant parents agemates

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by queenfav(f): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2019
My xiaomi redmi note 5 was ordered from aliexpress (China) . I have been using it since November last year and I haven't had any issues. You can order a phone abroad, just make sure you buy from a reputable seller and also use a screen guard.

12 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by lomprico(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2019
IMASTEX:

she just guy u. undecided

mind you Nokia warranty service center in Nigeria is a scam. i bought Nokia 5, one of the sim stopped showing, took it to them, they kept it for over 3 weeks, they called to say it's ok, as I got home same thing happened again, i took it back they kept for another 2 weeks. still no show. then I asked for a replace, na dia fight start.

if u see a phone that u like online, buy it. even if there is a problem with it they refund you ur money. jumia has done it Ali Express has done it. these sites are far better than the shitty warranty centers in this country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Topmaike007(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2019
Isoduwa:

Give me 150k i will you brand new iPhone 8
iPhone keel you there

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Topmaike007(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2019
IMASTEX:

guy you're brainwashed that's all
Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by princejones(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2019
Pure lie,she wanted you to buy from her.You can't compare phone produce specifically to first world country to that of a third world low quality version. Make your order dear

5 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by nnokwa042(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2019
SanLorrenzo:
Buying overseas from Jumia is costly because those sellers there actually buy them from other foreign shops like Amazon or Aliexpress before the resell to you on Jumia

It would be better you order it from Aliexpress or Amazon directly as it would be cheaper

Secondy, if you buy the phone with a screen guard and pouch, you would be guaranteed to use it for an extended period without any problems

Happy buyings
can someone buy phone from Ali express from Nigeria? I never knew aliexpress send goods to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by salford1: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2019
The girl told you the truth.
You wont be covered by warranty, but at the same time, phone warranties are pretty useless because the most common damage i.e. broken/smashed screen are not covered by warranty except you buy an insurance which are usually expensive at the time of phone purchase.

5 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by Exponental(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2019
I have a new TV in my house now (maybe not new anymore cos it's over 5yrs). My uncle brought it from Europe. It had been useless since the week he brought it after it accidentally fell and broke. Alaba boys couldn't fix it. Even at Samsung office, they concluded that the importer should request for a new screen cos the TV is not of Africa's specification.

4 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Discouraged Me From Ordering Phones From Overseas, Gave These Reasons by DaaLor(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2019
MrBONE2:
Funny to see that oups was brainSmached by ordinary SiSi from TrassionCrap company,ayam ashame of U grin

Some people ehn! The guy just asked a question, instead of giving an answer, you are here uttering nonsense#mtcheew

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why / Tecno Camon CX Vs Infinix S2 Specifications Comparison / How To Do An Airtel Welcomeback Through SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.