Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal (18584 Views)

13th All-African Games: Final Medal standings as Nigeria Finishes Second / All African Games: Nigerian Athletes Break African Record In Thrilling Race / Throwback Picture Of 1973 All-african Games Gold Medal Winning Team With Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by cheapgoals(m): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2019
The Confederations of African Football (CAF) has made the draws for the 2019 All African Games Football event to be held in Morocco later in August.

However, unlike previous editions where players from the age of 23 and below were used to execute the competition, this time around CAF has changed its rules stating that countries should make use of their U20 teams for the All African Games.

Furthermore, with the inability to sort out qualifiers, teams who played at the CAF U20 Nation’s cup last year in Niger were qualified automatically to feature at the All African Games by CAF. The participants will be Morocco (hosts) Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal

Consequently, Coach of Nigeria’s Flying Eagles team Paul Aigbogun will lead his U20 squad expected to be dominated by majority of players who featured at the FIFA U20 World Cup in Poland in May to the All African Games.

Furthermore, the Flying Eagles have now been drawn in Group A of the Africa Games football event alongside hosts Morocco, South Africa and Burkina Faso. The Nigerians came third four years ago in the Republic of Congo with a team that had current Super Eagles players such as Sheu Abdullahi and Oghenekaro Etebo.

However, for the Nigerians they will hope to replicate the feat of 1973 the first and only time the country has won Gold at the tournament but first they need to get the better of the following three when the tournament starts on August 16.

MOROCCO

The Atlas lions have never had a podium finish at the men’s event of the all African games since inception of the games although the competition was played by U23 in the past but now CAF has changed its rules stating that U20 teams should play the men’s event.

In that category as well the North Africans have not been impressive with their U20 sides either as they have not qualified for the CAF U20 Nation’s Cup and the FIFA U20 World Cup in over 12 years. Although they boast of a fourth place finish at Holland 2005 FIFA World youth championships, the last time they featured.

SOUTH AFRICA

The southern Africans consider themselves as rivals to Nigeria in almost every category of football, this won’t be an exception either, infact the match is expected to pose more threat to the Nigerians than that of the host.

Laurel-wise at this level the Amajitas have finished on the podium twice, one silver medal finish and another bronze medal finish in 2011 and 1999 respectively. Nigeria faced South Africa at the CAF U20 Championship last year before both sides participated at the FIFA U20 world cup in Poland, so their is a tint of familiarity between both teams ahead of the Group B encounter.

BURKINA FASO

Burkina Faso finished second in 2015, the Burkinabe may want an improvement on that result and as such may be a tough nut to crack for Paul Aigbogun men.

However, aside that Burkina Faso played in the CAF U20 Championships last year and although failed to qualify for the U20 World Cup, they may find the experience at the CAF Competition pivotal to any success they may want achieve in Morocco.

Source:https://cheapgoals.com/all-african-games-2019-flying-eagles-face-hosts-in-race-for-gold-medal/

1 Like

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Teewhy2: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Make them allow samuel chuku go shine there.

2 Likes

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Rseven(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
All d best 2 d team
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by marvin906(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
this useless coach again

6 Likes

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by owesomegene(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
hmmmmm..mmm ;Dhmmmmm..mmm
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by fasa199(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good one
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by LoveJesus87(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
No comment
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Techguyz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice move

We send your girlfriend or boyfriend love texts so that you can accuse them of cheating and BREAK UP with them.

Check my siggy
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by leofab(f): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice only from flying eagle... unlike their predecessor the super chickens.

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by DavidEsq(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
Techguyz:

Nice move

We send your girlfriend or boyfriend love texts so that you can accuse them of cheating and BREAK UP with them.

Check my siggy
Chai see person career. Kukuma do yahoo na

1 Like

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by marvin906(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
gaetano:

U and this little kid pic every time. You seem to have different versions. I hope you ain't stroking your meat with his pictures because you are acting weird bro grin

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Chanchit: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
Teewhy2:
Make them allow samuel chuku go shine there.

Shine for where? That's the most valuable player we have now, so you expect him to go and be dragging with upcoming. No, he's bigger than that now. Besides, those our U-20no sabi, they will just spoil the guy market value.
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Dbiz1111(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
Techguyz:

Nice move

Check my siggy

lipsrsealed
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by prinsam30: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2019
they should just sack that corrupt coach already, that guy no sabi anything at all, nothing dey him brain
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Solidkay(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
prinsam30:
they should just sack that corrupt coach already, that guy no sabi anything at all, nothing dey him brain

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by wonder233: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
Wow! All African Games still dey exist? I remember fondly Cairo '91 and Harare '95...

3 Likes

Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Memberclub(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
Those idiot boys that played u20 grin

9ja Is out already
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
error

error
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Isoduwa(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
wonder233:
Wow! All African Games still dey exist? I remember fondly Cairo '91 and Harare '95...

You lost connection ever since?
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by kayusely70(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
The team we used in Poland must not be featured, the boys didnt measure up to standard, including the coach crew.
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Sonnobax15(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2019
Hehe...the truth is that these northern africans knows how to rough handle west africans...
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
we won't mind the third place
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by arcdone(m): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2019
gaetano:

U and this little kid pic every time. You seem to have different versions. I hope you ain't stroking your meat with his pictures because you are acting weird bro grin
I thought am the only one noticing this.. I have many of the kids on my phone now... Anytime he uploaded it.. I always got it to use it as my dp
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by wonder233: 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
Yea, kind of... After the COJA Abuja 2003 games, I lost track
Isoduwa:

You lost connection ever since?
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by alibiguy: 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
Another tepid performance anticipated.
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Lamasta(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
All the best to the boys on green
Re: All African Games 2019: Flying Eagles Face Hosts In Race For Gold Medal by Recruitmentedu: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2019
same here. men seems i have lost touch of home.
wonder233:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Forecloses Involvement In Bash Ali’s Novelty Bout / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC / Arsenal Agree £50 Million Deal For Brighton Defender, Ben White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.