Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah (9813 Views)

Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers / How To Apply For Dangote Refinery Ongoing Job Recruitment / Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Gaspardd(m): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2019
First i am kinda lazy tonight but in as much as i would want to pour out my heart out, but then i will just let pictures speak for themselevs.
Dangote refinery is an ongoing project sw in lagos state. Its rumoured to last for 10yrs but then media and politicians will tell you they re to start operation by thus yr. Lol cus 80% of the construction is still at foundation(piling) stage.

Now Bleep all that, what i want to talk about is the welfare structure of the general project.
1. Indians are the major controller of the project but then some china companies are handling some parts of it.

2. I will be speaking more on about the indian companies cus they re d ones i work with and then again you wouldnt dare to go work with a chinese company.
Chinese companies work mondays to sundays, but indians leave out sundays as a free day. And again chinese do not need your CV, you just have to be ready to work and u re good to go if u can survive it.

The pictures below will show you how Nigerians re being treated vs how indians are being treated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Gaspardd(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
Now indians

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by olasaad(f): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2019
May God help us

2 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Officialgarri: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
Dangote will turn a blind eye to this.

Also, when it's time to give official positions provided he is alive if the refinery begins full operation, Nigerians will work as secretaries, cleaners, gatemen while the so-called ''expatriates" will handle the administrative posts.

Nigerians will be sacked at will despite meagre salaries while the red people will be paid heavily

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by methjuior(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
Bro you have said the honest truth in your post I work Sinoma as HSE Supervisor, these project is a mess forget the media praise the project is only enriching Indians and Chinese.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
Shame.

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2019
Oga he just put his money where his mouth is.

What do you expect, to give it to Nigerian companies to construct their normal substandard project?

Just look at ordinary road construction awarded to local constructors.
It's nothing to write home about.
So if it is usually given to a local contractors?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Gaspardd(m): 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
methjuior:
Bro you have said the honest truth in your post I work Sinoma as HSE Supervisor, these project is a mess forget the media praise the project is only enriching Indians and Chinese.
Mondays to sundays?...auch bro
Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Afamsi: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
What if these people hanging on the vehicle fall mistakingly and are crushed by oncoming vehicle. Chai, and we have road safety officials in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by eneyoduke(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
Dangote still dey find money

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Yookney: 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2019
Really sad how Labour laws only apply to few companies and NUPENG can't bark let alone bite at the terrible inhumane treatment meted out to citizens of this country in oil and gas biz run or administered by Indians

3 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by mytime24(f): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2019
#op did u say "monday to sunday" shocked

Slave jobs even in ur own country undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Kyrx(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2019
krattoss:

What do you expect, to give it to Nigerian companies to construct their normal substandard project?

So if it is usually given to local contractors?

His write up didn't insinuate that, he is only advocating for better welfare for the Nigeria workers there, the way our unskilled laborers are being used in this country by the so-called expatriates is nothing to write home about.

On another note, if he really meant what you wrote, believe me, they are worthy and honest local contractors who will perfectly handle those jobs, but our mentality since time immemorial is that; the foreign it is, the better it will be.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by nurex01(m): 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
Gaspardd:
First i am kinda lazy tonight but in as much as i would want to pour out my heart out, but then i will just let pictures speak for themselevs.
Dangote refinery is an ongoing project sw in lagos state. Its rumoured to last for 10yrs but then media and politicians will tell you they re to start operation by thus yr. Lol cus 80% of the construction is still at foundation(piling) stage.

Now Bleep all that, what i want to talk about is the welfare structure of the general project.
1. Indians are the major controller of the project but then some china companies are handling some parts of it.

2. I will be speaking more on about the indian companies cus they re d ones i work with and then again you wouldnt dare to go work with a chinese company.
Chinese companies work mondays to sundays, but indians leave out sundays as a free day. And again chinese do not need your CV, you just have to be ready to work and u re good to go if u can survive it.

The pictures below will show you about how Nigerians re being treated vs how indians are being treated.

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Auxigen(m): 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
krattoss:

So if it is usually given to a local contractors?
Sombori gif tiz guy 3 bottles of Origin!

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Obainoneandonly(m): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
I worked there last year (ONSHORE) and experiend how people are been treated like slaves in their own country by foreigners........ What I saw there left a bitter taste in my
.....peopke are been treated inhumanely and are been spoken to with profane language......those Chinese are d worse, They don't care if you die, all they are about is their work......they will bring a Chinese or an India labour to head a Nigerian workman......

5 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerians, lets stop complaining, if we have had the skills and technical know out, we would have been the one controlling the project and maybe better wages for all.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by lebron7(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
Kyrx:

His write up didn't insinuate that, he is only advocating for better welfare for the Nigeria workers there, the way our unskilled laborers are being used in this country by the so-called expatriates is nothing to write home about.

On another note, if he really meant what you wrote, believe me, they are worthy and honest local contractors who will perfectly handle those jobs, but our mentality since time immemorial is that; the foreign it is, the better it will be.
Exactly
Most Nigerians are under mental slavery

5 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
lebron7:

Exactly
Most Nigerians are under mental slavery

which mental slavery, the chinese are working like they do in china where they pay workers low wages

also companies want to make profit thus low wages.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by lebron7(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
thebosstrevor:

which mental slavery, the chinese are working like they do in china where they pay workers low wages

also companies want to make profit thus low wages.
I'm talking about the average Nigerian mentality that there are no capable indigenous companies to carry out complex contracts

1 Like

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
lebron7:

I'm talking about the average Nigerian mentality that there are no capable indigenous companies to carry out complex contracts

No indigenous companies can carry out that project..this is nigeria for you

we are not a high tech manufacturing country so no skills for that, our universities chunck out theoretical masters

7 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by TSRC: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
I even saw an Indian YouTuber analysing project management in dangote cement as a project topic.
They are the ones working there. They know the ins and outs more than Nigerians.

The FG pumps billions of cheap forex to this monopolist in the hope of fighting unemployment, and he turns around and employs Indians and Chinese.

no wahala.
We would get a good government one day.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
Officialgarri:
Dangote will turn a blind eye to this.

Also, when it's time to give official positions provided he is alive if the refinery begins full operation, Nigerians will work as secretaries, cleaners, gatemen while the so-called ''expatriates" will handle the administrative posts.

Nigerians will be sacked at will despite meagre salaries while the red people will be paid heavily

Bro, this isn't Dangote's fault at all!

It is the useless government that we have in place - especially that useless minister of Labour!

Every sector of the economy being controlled by the expatriates experience this!

The government is not doing anything about it.

More than the problem of unemployment is "underemployment", the serfdom wearing a facade in the name of "outsource"

This is the bane of employment in Nigeria!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by TSRC: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
I worked there last year (ONSHORE) and experiend how people are been treated like slaves in their own country by foreigners........ What I saw there left a bitter taste in my
.....peopke are been treated inhumanely and are been spoken to with profane language......those Chinese are d worse, They don't care if you die, all they are about is their work......they will bring a Chinese or an India labour to head a Nigerian workman......
That is why I don't support a Chinese world power.
Those guys would be 100 times worse than America.

The worst American company in Nigeria treat.their staffs better than the best Chinese company in Nigeria.

You can't give what you don't have.

20 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2019
TSRC:
I even saw an Indian YouTuber analysing project management in dangote cement as a project topic.
They are the ones working there. They know the ins and outs more than Nigerians.

The FG pumps billions of cheap forex to this monopolist in the hope of fighting unemployment, and he turns around and employs Indians and Chinese.

no wahala.
We would get a good government one day.

do we have any nigerian company that can carry out this project?
Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Entom(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2019
It is well. He is doing well
Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Gaspardd(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
Afamsi:
What if these people hanging on the vehicle fall mistakingly and are crushed by oncoming vehicle. Chai, and we have road safety officials in Nigeria.

These happens a lot lol. Last time sn fell from one of the tippers abd then berger bus smashed his head immediately. Well dangote built a cementry around the corner to take care of shìts like that so work continues

2 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
TSRC:

The worst American company in Nigeria treat.their staffs better than the best Chinese company in Nigeria.

i concur with you bro, those Chinese are the worst employer I have ever worked with.....they smoke and laugh when they meet with our leaders and turn to demonswhen they are with their workers...... Have made up my mind dat I won't work with them again, Even if they are the only employer on earth.......

6 Likes

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by ThatKING(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
People don't seem to get this.
Who brought the Indians to Nigeria?
Who brought the Chinese to Nigeria?

The indians were first introduced by mtn and later their labor model was being consulted by other companies.

You can't blame the Chinese or the Indians. Blame the Nigerian Labour Congress and the government

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah by Efewestern: 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
TSRC:

Agreed, even if some of us do call US out for some actions, US is by far one of the best in the world, far better than China and Russia.

No US company will treat workers like slave, the Chinese don't care, it's all about them, very selfish and greedy beings, have you seen them helping any nation out? the whole world can burn to ashes, provided it doesn't affect them, they won't bother.

The one that is even paining me are those workers from India and Lebanon, gosh, people that are still battling with poverty be forming king in our own land, some are even assaulting those under them.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? / Workforce Management Centre Recruiting / Jobs In Sahara Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.