Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria (2316 Views)

800 Mind Blowing Facts That Will Absolutely Make Your Day After Knowing / Great Discoveries And Mind Blowing Facts(graphic Pictures) / Mind Blowing Facts- Picture Collection 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by realoscar84(m): 1:15am On Aug 03, 2019
I actually read this beautiful, motivating and inspiring piece on Quora and i thought i should share it with you all

What are the top 10 blowing facts about Nigeria?

By Prince Onos, Owner at Stonebridge Ranch & Farms (2017-present)

Hehe

I was actually waiting for this question, so I could show the world how much Nigeria means to them.

Let's Ride…….

"A Russian saw me in my office and said where are you from , i said am from the greatest country in the world. He looked at me with a very strange look and said let me guess u are from Nigeria , I said yes. Out of curiosity he said considering whats happening in your country now why would you say shes the best in the world and I asked him to sit down and let me tell him what he and most people dont not know about Great Nigeria and I told him these;

Are you aware that all over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by

which others measure themselves? Do you know?

1. In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you’ll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated.

2. 60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30%.

3. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k.

4. In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations.

5. A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK.

6. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a supertalented Nigerian from Sokoto State.

7. The World’s fastest supercomputer was designed by a world renowned inventor and scientist, Philip Emeagwali, a full-blown Nigerian whose patency was awarded in 2015. This means Nigeria has the patency to the world’s fastest computer: a Nigerian.

8. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.

9. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played.

10. Of the 3 South African Presidents who ruled after apartheid, two of them once lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa. We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly.

OK… I have gotten to 10, but I just would not stop till I get you convince Nigeria is king worldwide.

11. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.

12. When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the elected President back to power.

13. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil.

14. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.

15. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to Africa.

16. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.

17. The first television station in Africa was NTA Ibadan (1960) long before Ireland has their RTE station...Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past. If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you’ll not get the full & true picture of your Nigerian heritage...We’re not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness...

Here is what CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians:

18. On the 7th of May, 2016 at Howard University in Washington D.C history was made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians. The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION, living together despite our ethnic diversity. One single country with over 400 languages. They will only tell you how Nigerians are scammers and cheats, how Nigerians are into drugs overseas. If you don’t blow your trumpet, no one will blow it for you.

19. There are over 180,000,000 Nigerians world over and only about 250,000 of this figure have traceable criminal records. This is about 0.14% of our entire national population in the last 20 years: nothing close to 1%. Shame on global media. Listen Nigeria, don't let anybody woo you into believing that you are a criminal just because you are a Nigerian. Nigerians are NOT criminals. You are NOT a criminal. You are topnotch; second to none around the world.

I am proud am created a Nigerian, thank you God. Be proud of Nigeria wherever you go. Take out your Passport with pride. He couldnt talk and just walked away. Am proud to be a Nigerian and be from that country....

God bless Federal Republic Of Great Nigeria...”

If my facts struck a nerve, an UPVOTE to this answer will do, Meanwhile don't forget to follow me for more interesting Entreprenuer tips.

Pls Mod, take it to the promise land. Thanks and God bless you as you do so.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Amazingman(m): 3:19am On Aug 03, 2019
This is beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Adedoyinsultan: 3:40am On Aug 03, 2019
God bless Nigeria. All you can do is to contribute ya quota to take it where it is actually suppose to be.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by emilas1979(m): 4:07am On Aug 03, 2019
Insightful, Nigeria is indeed good people, great nation. Only that of the 180m people, larger percentage of the people are big set back to the progress. @nos 6 is the only good thing I ever heard of about Hausa Fulani and people from the northern Nigeria,
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Wayne4uall(m): 4:51am On Aug 03, 2019
God bless Nigeria God bless me amen
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by chiommy123(f): 5:09am On Aug 03, 2019
People should not annoy me this morning oh

2 Likes

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Martinez39(m): 6:38am On Aug 03, 2019
undecided
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by apesinola001: 7:44am On Aug 03, 2019
cool

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Henrodah(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2019
My only regret is supporting South Africa from apartheid. They now have the balls to be killing Nigerians, and the white man still own them.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Donchukz(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2019
Dear Lord,pls,continually keep blessing Nigeria,and most importantly;give us leader that will take us out of the wood,Amen

1 Like

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by jesvic91(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2019
These are achievement of Nigerians abroad
Talk of what we have achieved as a country

1 Like

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by foolbuster: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2019
Tell the brainwashed fellows. That foolishly believe the Black man is inferior.

1 Like

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by doctore212(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2019
19. Nigeria has the cheapest Oloshos world wide. With just 250 naira you can cure konji. Even ordinary gala can go.

I love this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Jackossky(m): 9:52am On Aug 03, 2019
apesinola001:
cool
24hrs electricity, if given that, everything will fall into place.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by projecttopics2: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2019
Very educating
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Freelanceona100(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2019
Learn how to make money on you phone through online surveys freelancing let's cash out big..no time for unemployed shit oo check my siggy and thread
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Istyabbas(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2019
front page please
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Eife(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2019
Nigerian would have been a 1st world country by now, if our leaders had the vision back then
Also imagine if it where the leaders that ruled America back then where our leaders.
We won't even imagine leaving this country for anything in this world.
With our Oil we would have ruled the world.
But the black men in us didn't let us see all this.
Oh My Nation
My heart bleed for the humans that ruled you
The beauty of Africa.
God truly bless you but your children where never united.
I pray you stand even in your Old age.
Imagine if life was for ever
Imagine if Queen Amina was still alive when the white man came
She fight for her people
She ruled her people
She loved this land
She dead for it and will do it hundred times more.
Imagine if she was still ruling.

But before then I go done Japa!!!!!!!!
Maybe my generation will come and visit ����. By then.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 lilianofentse(), czarina(), olawumi171(, sammyfrosh, InoutNaija(), Tamarapetty(), CuTTiieAngeL(), farano(), Bimzybae(), nwanneni(), obafemee80(), Yuneehk(), Radiant1020(), Jamariwolff Riqueleme), Smellymouth, pansophist FrankNetter, AutoJoshNG, revontuli RoyalBlak007, cococandy OboOlora, ihatebuhari, Olofintoto, MetroBaba1 Seun ijebabe, Mynd44, QueenSekxy, picker, rebirthforgoody, nikkypearl, ibukunlaw, sussybae, Briona CINDY74 onihaxy, fineyemi tosyne2much sinaj lalasticlala, Explorers
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Jyde89: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
#GodblessNigeria
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2019
proud...Nigeria is the cover and the citizens are the contents. ''Dont judge a book by its cover''. But wait The bad side of nigeria is bigger than the good.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by damtan(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
Very good write up, yet, this does not solve our problems in anyway!!!
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by 9jaBloke: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
The rhetorics aside, let us focus on the common problems besieging our country, such as terrible leadership and religious/ethnic differences.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Eggovic: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
How wish bloggers can post positive news about Nigeria but no they prefer their pockets to the detriment of the country's image.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
realoscar84:
I actually read this beautiful, motivating and inspiring piece on Quora and i thought i should share it with you all

Hehe

I was actually waiting for this question, so I could show the world how much Nigeria means to them.

Let's Ride…….

"A Russian saw me in my office and said where are you from , i said am from the greatest country in the world. He looked at me with a very strange look and said let me guess u are from Nigeria , I said yes. Out of curiosity he said considering whats happening in your country now why would you say shes the best in the world and I asked him to sit down and let me tell him what he and most people dont not know about Great Nigeria and I told him these;

Are you aware that all over the world Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by

1. In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you’ll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated.

2. 60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30%.

3. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than the median US income of $53k.

4. In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations.

5. A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK.

6. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a supertalented Nigerian from Sokoto State.

7. The World’s fastest supercomputer was designed by a world renowned inventor and scientist, Philip Emeagwali, a full-blown Nigerian whose patency was awarded in 2015. This means Nigeria has the patency to the world’s fastest computer: a Nigerian.

8. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.

9. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played.

10. Of the 3 South African Presidents who ruled after apartheid, two of them once lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa. We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly.

OK… I have gotten to 10, but I just would not stop till I get you convince Nigeria is king worldwide.

11. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.

12. When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the elected President back to power.

13. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil.

14. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.

15. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to Africa.

16. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.

17. The first television station in Africa was NTA Ibadan (1960) long before Ireland has their RTE station...Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past. If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you’ll not get the full & true picture of your Nigerian heritage...We’re not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness...

Here is what CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians:

18. On the 7th of May, 2016 at Howard University in Washington D.C history was made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians. The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION, living together despite our ethnic diversity. One single country with over 400 languages. They will only tell you how Nigerians are scammers and cheats, how Nigerians are into drugs overseas. If you don’t blow your trumpet, no one will blow it for you.

19. There are over 180,000,000 Nigerians world over and only about 250,000 of this figure have traceable criminal records. This is about 0.14% of our entire national population in the last 20 years: nothing close to 1%. Shame on global media. Listen Nigeria, don't let anybody woo you into believing that you are a criminal just because you are a Nigerian. Nigerians are NOT criminals. You are NOT a criminal. You are topnotch; second to none around the world.

I am proud am created a Nigerian, thank you God. Be proud of Nigeria wherever you go. Take out your Passport with pride. He couldnt talk and just walked away. Am proud to be a Nigerian and be from that country....

If my facts struck a nerve, an UPVOTE to this answer will do, Meanwhile don't forget to follow me for more interesting Entreprenuer tips.

Emeagwali's own is wrong.

1 Like

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Gadafii: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
All These na scam

Stop living in the past , you and I know that Nigeria is now a shithole,with cows more valued that human lives

Teuh
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by cassidy1996(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
good
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
Trash! Oga the country is in shambles.
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by mytime24(f): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nigeria d zoo undecided

how can d past b better than d present angry

Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Khaleell001(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
op,No 7 is completely false!
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by Realonekingsley(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nigeria is not a Nation, but a State!
Re: 10 Blowing Facts About Nigeria by blueghost(m): 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2019
realoscar84:

Hehe

Let's Ride…….

God bless Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Secret Of Succeeding In Life. Learn This And Use It / Ebsu Pre-degree Form Out / Who Can solve This Maths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.