Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (89614 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by shovaychoco: 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
If not for the loads of sentiment in our culture this woman should be in jail. She was a major partaker in her son's death. Its sad how times have passed and the whole issue swept under the rug. https://supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130326/Yekini_was_murdered_says_his_lawyer

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by bendike: 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
Guestlander:

Thank you and God bless you for being selfless. Her son made Nigeria proud.
Let a nairalander based in Ibadan, maybe the guy that made this post create a means whereby those of us interested can contribute as little as 2k each every month to be delivered to this woman. If there are 20 willing people it will be 40k every month for her upkeep. (handed directly to her).
I see nothing wrong in helping the elderly. We cannot do for all but we can start from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by deavicky(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2019
aolawale025:
That's sad. What happened to her son's wealth
the guy became poor before he died. He had an issue with his brain. When i saw Rashidi before he die, i felt bitter.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by gameboyo: 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
jaybee3:
How many interventions does she need though?

Jarus and some other kwarans raised funds for her couple of years back

Saraki did same few years back
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Glink2018(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2019
Where's Rasheed yekini golden boot? And other properties ?
This is disheartening....if I have a quarter of opportunity Rasheed yekini had, my generation will not know poverty anymore. I thank God for the level where my family are?
Or can I say devil giveth and devil taketh...
(If you know you know)
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Lagosss1: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2019
Jarus:

Spoke with her 2 days ago.

What we provided her could not have sustained her for long though. About N250k or so.

I heard someone won N2m for her on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire also a couple of years back. I asked her whether she got that. She said she never did. Maybe she didnt understand what I was describing.

Although she has lost most of her children, there was still one that also spoke to me when I phoned her 2 days ago. Possibly the family also share these gifts with her.

it is foolish to give cash for causes like this. create a trust in her name. they will pay he a stipend till she dies. for instance dropping a million in a trust will earn her around 10k monthly until her death, after which the trust can be disbanded on say her burial
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Abagworo(m): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2019
Optional09:
She should be put in old people’s home where she will wake up go to the gym, go to dinning three times daily, watch movies and participate in dance programs. I think Nigerian government should be man enough to have such program for old people who can not afford a good life by theirselves

That’s why we asked you to do revolution at least to put some things in order but some of nna think say na Sowore dey craze.

After they will tell you Okorocha did wrong by doing what's right.

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by moshino(m): 12:42am On Aug 05, 2019
jaybee3:
How many interventions does she need though?

Jarus and some other kwarans raised funds for her couple of years back

Maybe she finished the funds already, she needs more.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by stagger: 12:46am On Aug 05, 2019
doctokwus:

That Christian Chukwu own was quite perplexing and somehow vexed me to some extent.
This was a man that played football,coached Rangers off and off for a good number of years,was Super Eagles coach,and got a house in Festac and Enugu probably from the government.
Yet at the end could not foot his medical bills.
So what did he do with his income,even if he wasn't wealthy or was he not paid as a footballer and coach for several years?

He also assisted Sebastian Godwin Imasuen when Nigeria won the inaugural U-16 tournament in China in 1985.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by KenModi(m): 12:59am On Aug 05, 2019
Optional09:
She should be put in old people’s home where she will wake up go to the gym, go to dinning three times daily, watch movies and participate in dance programs. I think Nigerian government should be man enough to have such program for old people who can not afford a good life by theirselves

That’s why we asked you to do revolution at least to put some things in order but some of nna think say na Sowore dey craze.

Same people who made fun of him during elections are the ones calling crazy for calling for a revolution. Tomorrow they would come online to complain about how things are difficult in the country and a good majority of them are youths.

Nigerians get brain but dem no dey use am!

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Optional09: 1:02am On Aug 05, 2019
KenModi:

Same people who made fun of him during elections are the ones calling crazy for calling for a revolution. Tomorrow they would come online to complain about how things are difficult in the country and a good majority of them are youths.

Nigerians get brain but dem no dey use am!

Just imagine today some idiot are scooping fuel from a licking tanker in ogun state, is it not better to die by gun-shut fighting for your rights than to die cowardly by fire stupidly

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by KenModi(m): 1:09am On Aug 05, 2019
Optional09:

Just imagine today some idiot are scooping fuel from a licking tanker in ogun state, is it not better to die by gun-shut fighting for your rights than to die cowardly by fire stupidly

Chai!! That one na one-way traffic to the great beyond! I no dey near fuel tanker wey stand e own let alone the one we fall!

And if you go tell him it is wrong, he wld tell u he is looking for daily bread but come out to protest against the things that made u to endanger your life with fuel in the first place, he won’t!

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Rasdagama: 1:59am On Aug 05, 2019
What are the grand children doing about it?
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by gare(f): 2:50am On Aug 05, 2019
stephenduru:
Mother of late Rashidi Yekini is living poverty.According to report,all her petty items are not up to N5,000 and she finds it difficult to sustain herself.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/08/rashidi-yekinis-mother-living-in.html

I hope you don't want to blame the government for this also, did the son established the mother When he made money.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by lesson44: 4:01am On Aug 05, 2019
stephenduru:
Mother of late Rashidi Yekini is living poverty.According to report,all her petty items are not up to N5,000 and she finds it difficult to sustain herself.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/08/rashidi-yekinis-mother-living-in.html
And so? How is that Nigeria problem? I bet she have other children,they should take care of their mama.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Unrated900(m): 4:16am On Aug 05, 2019
aolawale025:
That's sad. What happened to her son's wealth

Her son got no wealth

He died thinking of way forward after been dumped by the government

He was supposed to be celebrated but disgraced at the end.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by ogene144(m): 4:27am On Aug 05, 2019
skedman:
Oga blogger ..
Are you expecting her to own a shop rite or a shopping mall because she is rasheed yeniki s mother.
This is what the old people usually want she is okay with her life or did she complain
I pray to meet people like you one day, who go around snapping rasheed yekini s mother .
It is that they you will stop it because i will break your head and equally the phone
Let the dead sleep please.if you can't help her let her be.
must u comment if u dnt ave better things to contribute than keep mute,a man that scored Nigeria 1st goal in the world cup.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by texazzpete(m): 5:51am On Aug 05, 2019
ogene144:

must u comment if u dnt ave better things to contribute than keep mute,a man that scored Nigeria 1st goal in the world cup.

Why do you truly think scoring Nigeria’s first goal is more important service than someone who has been a teacher for 38 years, for example?

3 Likes

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by MetaPhysical: 6:26am On Aug 05, 2019
Mk12:

do dead people still earn retirement?

Good question!

Retirement can be claimed by eligible surviving family members after the death of the beneficiary. The benefit ends when the eligible survivor dies.

If you have an aged father or mother on retirement benefit please read their benefit papers and make sure you understand the terms. If you dont understand it get a benefits administrator, an accountant or an attorney to educate on the terms. Very important!
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by MetaPhysical: 6:32am On Aug 05, 2019
Lagosss1:

it is foolish to give cash for causes like this. create a trust in her name. they will pay he a stipend till she dies. for instance dropping a million in a trust will earn her around 10k monthly until her death, after which the trust can be disbanded on say her burial

...very good idea, I love it!
Trusts and Foundations are sheltered from Gains Tax. You could have the trust continued past her death and immortalized in Rashidi Yekini's name for posterity also.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by DanielOc: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin grin. Abeg dont make me choke on drinks. Who is this? Haaaaa. Chineke!

Anyway, good laughter Sunday evening.

See, dont Governors and legislative people get retirement? Why cant footballers on national team? If Rashidi had one the package could now sustain mama.

your 1st paragraph says a lot about you guys down there in Nigeria,

it has become so bad there, to extent of seeing poverty and retrogress as normal or rather, a lifestyle.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Ndubuisipaul1: 7:03am On Aug 05, 2019
skedman:
Oga blogger ..
Are you expecting her to own a shop rite or a shopping mall because she is rasheed yeniki s mother.
This is what the old people usually want she is okay with her life or did she complain
I pray to meet people like you one day, who go around snapping rasheed yekini s mother .
It is that they you will stop it because i will break your head and equally the phone
Let the dead sleep please.if you can't help her let her be.

May your mother don't suffer like this in her old age in Jesus name. If you did not see anything wrong in an old woman living in that environment and having a small shop as that then maybe God should make you have such life at your old age.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by YoungG12(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2019
that's why i said,nigeria ain't worth dying for,i can't never
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Reference(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2019
Lagosss1:

You stil donot understand. If an individual is not generating or creating wealth any resources placed in his or her hands is bound to be wasted. I have seen individuals inherit fortunes but ended up in penury simply because they donot have the capacity to manage. It is a mental thing. Have we found out why she is in that position in the first place and work from there.

N10,000, N100,000, N1,000,000 a month is nothing if it cannot be applied properly. There are a million combinations of reasons why people are poor. It is wisdom in handling those situations that moves people on and out of poverty.

What is the difference in giving her a one off payment or a series of payments sustained or not. Whatever is consuming or degrading her finances will just continue in series and magnitude in tandem with the frequency or magnitude of her reliefs. You cannot simply say a man will stop 'kai kai' (local gin) when he becomes rich when Jack Daniels is available.

There is a reason for poverty, handle that and then give her N10 naira and she will be free.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by InvertedHammer: 7:50am On Aug 05, 2019
/

/

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Choski78(m): 8:32am On Aug 05, 2019
Yeah
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Choski78(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
Are you concerned because she is an old woman or because she is Rashidi Yekini's mother?
Why not find out what happened to the funds she received before? There may be a leak in the family too big to patch. Is she still collecting the rent on the property? Is she being scammed? Throwing money at her may be feeding the sharks. At her age, giving her N1m for business will not make any difference. Logic is necessary in this situation instead of emotion.

/
she don't need much
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Choski78(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2019
amaniro:
We forget easily in Nigeria.
forget what we are all aware of how yekini spent his money on juju.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Lanretoye(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin grin. Abeg dont make me choke on drinks. Who is this? Haaaaa. Chineke!

Anyway, good laughter Sunday evening.

See, dont Governors and legislative people get retirement? Why cant footballers on national team? If Rashidi had one the package could now sustain mama.

shallow mind,so okocha after how many thousands per week in Europe should still comman collect pension here...you are sold out.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by erico2k2(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2019
Jarus:

Spoke with her 2 days ago.

What we provided her could not have sustained her for long though. About N250k or so.

I heard someone won N2m for her on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire also a couple of years back. I asked her whether she got that. She said she never did. Maybe she didnt understand what I was describing.

Although she has lost most of her children, there was still one that also spoke to me when I phoned her 2 days ago. Possibly the family also share these gifts with her.
How about the house yakini left?
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Born2Breed(f): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2019
Yekini has a mansion at Ibadan.

A percentage from the proceed of the house rent should be given to mama. This woman should not be doing business, all she needs are healthcare, food and clothing then small small allowey.
Re: Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k by Champneys: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2019
Sad.

Anyone have an idea of how she can be reached for some support?!

Kindly DM please if you do. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Girlfriend Of Diatta Krepin – Senegal’s Striker (Photos) / See What Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Bought For Him As Birthday Gift [photo] / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.