Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail (20640 Views)

Dangote Cement’s N179 Billion Dividend Excites Shareholders / NB Recommends N33 Billion Dividend …links Performance To Cost Leadership / Six Banks Meet Cbn’s Dividend Payout Rule (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by DameB(f): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2019
Since the stock market crash years, bank dividends have been really low...
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 05, 2019
post=80950054:
We got ours in all these banks.

Keep it up guys.

Slow and steady we will get to a better Nigeria.
You got 30k in 9 banks??
N3,333 in each bank??

1 Like

Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2019
I've got my eyes on Fidelity and Stanbic IBTC, some of the best tier-2 banks to invest in.
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2019
Who study economics or banking and finance should come and do the needful b4 my brain crack with financial lanuage
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Lugianostar(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2019
It still boils down to unfavorable business ethics in Nigeria and equally government unsupportive schemes to encourage our businesses.

Instead of going bankrupt totally, they can opt for merger that is better than outright acquisition and still remain with a shadow in the business.

We will survive no matter what!!!
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by oskaaay(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2019
It is interesting that most scale through. that sure money dey safeeee grin grin grin grin grin grin

PayPal Withdrawal To Naira At CBN Rate (N360/$)
Over 2hours intensive video guide for any to Open Paypal Account Without VPN in #Nigeria,
Receive/Send Paypal funds as FnF/GnS + Withdraw + Make money
WATCH NOW ON Youtube
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Obere4u: 8:35am On Aug 05, 2019
juwoonn:
Too much stories...just give us the highlight and list the banks that scaled through and the banks that failed. ha!

Oya come here if you can't read rubbish...

The nine banks that met the CBN’s requirements for dividend pay-outs include;
Zenith Bank Plc,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc,
United Bank for Africa, UBA Plc,
FBN Holdings Plc,
Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc,
Access Bank Plc,
Fidelity Bank Plc,
FCMB Group Plc and
Wema Bank Plc.

The 4 banks that do not meet CBN's requirement are;
Union Bank Plc,
Unity Bank Plc,
Sterling Bank Plc and
Jaiz Bank Plc

Ecobank nko?
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Guys, am here again to break every jargon written, it's your favourite financial analyst
Dividend is the periodical monetary or stock reward for investing your funds in a publicly quoted company.
Now, CBN has set a standard for payment of dividends for deposit money banks in Nigeria. Before the stipulation of this policy, banks were notorious for declaring huge or massive dividends even though they were not financially strong. what are the indicators of a bank's strength? They include low bad/non performing/deliquent loans ratio, the regulary minimum is 5℅....so a bank exceeding 5℅ means that, out of the total loan it gave out to borrowers, 5℅ has not been paid interm of interest and principal for a minimum period of 90 days or 3 months after loan administration. This risk level of banks is measured by the CRR-composite risk rating. so a higher CRR and high NPLs means the bank has high risk and so deem not fit to pay dividends. This scenario exert pressure on the bank's capital adequacy ratio - the capital adequacy is more like the Banks' defense mechanism. so, the more the level of NPLs, the less profitable the bank's become and the less the capital adequacy. That is why banks like jaiz bank and others that didn't pay could not pay. According to signalling theory, I will advise you not to panic, at least for the now - if everyone removes their deposit, it might plunge the banks into distress. However, if you are risk-averse investor or customer, I will advise you watch the banks's NPL level in the next quarter of the year, that is, December and see if the NPL ratio has reduced. if it has not, move your deposits to banks that are able to meet up with the CBN target. This is because they are considered low risk. If in the event of a financial crises, the banks that didn't meet the standard which are hitherto considered high-risk investments will not survive. Note that loans are given out of customer deposits. And inability to recover these loans means customer deposits are in danger. The low risk, profitable and strongest banks by this standard are Zenith Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, United Bank for Africa, UBA Plc, FBN Holdings Plc, Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc, Access Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, FCMB Group Plc and Wema Bank Plc. If there is any bank you should invest with or have your deposit with, I think It should be stanbic ibtc bank, a tier 2 listed bank. They declared more than 25 billion dividend more than what most of the tier 1 banks declared.
Ask me questions.
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by SanLorrenzo(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2019
juwoonn:
Too much stories...just give us the highlight and list the banks that scaled through and the banks that failed. ha!

Zenith Bank Plc,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc,
FBN Holdings Plc,
Access Bank Plc,
Fidelity Bank Plc,
FCMB Group Plc and
Wema Bank Plc.

Union Bank Plc,
Unity Bank Plc,
Sterling Bank Plc and
Jaiz Bank Plc
GT Bank still making waves everyday yet some people are still saying nonsense
Keep soaring higher GT...
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by solsticey2k3(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2019
Stanbic IBTC Holding PLC, the most reliable and customercentric bank cool
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2019
juwoonn:

Zenith Bank Plc,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc,
FBN Holdings Plc,
Access Bank Plc,
Fidelity Bank Plc,
FCMB Group Plc and
Wema Bank Plc.

Union Bank Plc,
Unity Bank Plc,
Sterling Bank Plc and
Jaiz Bank Plc

When it comes to reading, Nigerians are lazy.

But the most important part of the epistle is the directive by CBN that banks should stop investing in Treasury bills.

This has always been my stand; banks have become lazy that they prefer buying TB to make quick risk-less money with interest rate of 12 to 13 percent without even lifting a pin. Now, let's see how they will invest their monies. They would be forced to lend to the customers, which is the main reason for their existence.

Good one from the Apex bank.
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2019
If there is any bank you should invest with or have your deposit with, I think It should be stanbic ibtc bank, a tier 2 listed bank. They declared more than 25 billion dividend more than what most of the tier 1 banks declared.

[/quote]

You are wrong. What's the dividend yield of Ibtc compared with Zenith bank? I give it to Zenith.
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
elijah101:
and you think this your prices are normal ... haba .. pity people na.. if you say 10k for business name now that's understandable ..you said a whooping 25k .... people should run for you ... for your information sha .. i did my own myself for 6kplus

Congratulations
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by juwoonn(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
walexy100:

When it comes to reading, Nigerians are lazy.

But the most important part of the epistle is the directive by CBN that banks should stop investing in Treasury bills.

This has always been my stand; banks have become lazy that they prefer buying TB to make quick risk-less money with interest rate of 12 to 13 percent without even lifting a pin. Now, let's see how they will invest their monies. They would be forced to lend to the customers, which is the main reason for their existence.

Good one from the Apex bank.
You're absolutely right.
Re: 9 Banks Scale Cbn’s Dividend Hurdle, 4 Fail by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
walexy100:
If there is any bank you should invest with or have your deposit with, I think It should be stanbic ibtc bank, a tier 2 listed bank. They declared more than 25 billion dividend more than what most of the tier 1 banks declared.

You are wrong. What's the dividend yield of Ibtc compared with Zenith bank? I give it to Zenith.

isnt zenith a first tier bank, do you know the cost associated with being listed on the first tier market

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei: ARM Memo Tells Staff To Stop Working With China’s Tech Giant / Recession, Personal Income And Planning / How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.