Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,345 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. (619 Views)

Billions From Egg Shell Powder And Egg Yolk Powder / Food Inflation Up By 108% Since 2015, Despite Billions On Agriculture / Getting A Slice Of The Billions From The Spice Industry In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. by iniobong888(m): 4:27am On Aug 06, 2019
The bottle water industry as a part of the beverage industry in Nigeria is so crowded and competition is so heated up. There are more than 1000 registered bottle water company in Nigeria, ranging from FCMG that are multi-national to beverages companies, as matter of fact, all most all the biggest beverages companies in Nigeria has a bottled water brand, Coca-Cola has Eva water, Aquafina water is a brand by Pesi , La Casera has Nirvana brand , the list is huge, I mean it is a really competitive space to play in .
An entrepreneur can decide to be innovative by creating or producing an alternative product to bottle water like juice or flavored water. We would zero in on flavored water in this article and juice in another writeup. It is reported by a research company called Euromonitor that the juice and beverages sector in Nigeria is Worth N938 billion this was as of 2016 ( flavored water is a segment of the beverages industry).
There is a high demand for flavored water depending on what you have as content, it is a market that is not as competitive as bottled water , this segment of the beverages industry, is still in its teething stage .This can be seem as a opportunity for early birds to take a sizeable market share before the hawks arrive.
To be innovative in the flavored market is to think seriously outside the box, there are ample opportunities in this segment that can be exploited. As a matter of fact there are innovative products that can decide a lifestyle for it users and this will go a long way to a create a huge market .
If you create a product that is centered on lemon and water , for example, this product will be view as a flavored water,as an antioxidant and it refresh the body . There is already a market for this product, and a lifestyle that will follow. There are many more of this innovative products of that can be created , one only needs to think outside the box .
Interestly, most of the raw materials that is needed for production of flavored water is abundant in Nigeria. It will be a interesting space to play in before the sharks come in .

1 Like

Re: Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. by shapman: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice piece, i have been looking into the flavored water concept recently. It seems like a less saturated market currently, i would like to know if you've made significant progress on the business side of it...
Re: Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. by Abasman008(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
How do I join in?
Re: Tapping The Billions From Alternative To Bottle Water. by iniobong888(m): 1:19am On Nov 23, 2021
Do me an email on iniobong4solution@gmail.com with this thread as the heading or send me a chat on 08160233111

(1) (Reply)

Dry Poultry Manure Available / Plantain , Oilpalm, Cocoa, Soursop, Cashew Seedlings Are For Sale / Rice, Smoked Fish, Vegetable Oil Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.