Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun (17916 Views)

Eight Arrested During Initiation Into One Million Boys (Photos) / Cultists Arrested During Robbery After Engaging Police In Gun Battle. Photos / Cultist Given Bottle Of Beer After He Was Arrested During Robbery. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Buhari5: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2019
cry

Good morning comrades.

A popular Pan-Africanist, human right activist, Temitope Fagunwa arrested yesterday during the peaceful protest to demand Sowore's release in Osogbo, Osun. Don't forget, every African life matters. Let go online to our social media and start a solidarity campaign

#FreeFagunwa

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by SLAP44: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2019
Before I go online and protest, you must have to tell me which side he supported in 2015 grin

We want to know if he's among those being afflicted by their old sins grin grin grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by majamajic(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2019
it's too late , but APC won West just some months ago

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Buhari5: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2019
majamajic:
it's too late , APC won west just some months

They are not criminals but activists and ordinary Nigerians who were out to exercise their democratic rights to demand good governance, something which has become a scarce commodity under Buhari government like the previous capitalist governments.

This arrest has increased the number of activists who have been clamped in detention in connection to August 5 nationwide protest called by African Action Congress and Coalition for Revolution. This is a reminder of the dark days of the military juntas, particularly that of Sani Abacha wherein democratic rights were severely repressed.

We therefore also reiterate our call for the immediate and unconditional release of Omoyele Sowore, the Presidential Candidate of AAC and Publisher of Sahara Reporters, who has been detained since Saturday August 3.

We call on trade unions, pro-masses organizations and human rights groups not only to call for the release of Sowore and others but also back the call with a series of solidarity actions including protests and sustained media campaigns.

They must also demand that the Buhari government which has become a civilian dictatorship must always respect the democratic rights of Nigerians. They should also actively support the demands of the protest including full implementation of N30, 000 minimum wage and adequate funding of education. Indeed, the NLC, TUC, and ULC must take seriously their demand on the minimum wage by preparing and mobilizing workers to struggle for the full implementation.

As we stated in our previous statement, Buhari government has failed on the economy, something which has increased poverty, inequality, insecurity, homelessness, unemployment, etc because it is a capitalist government. Capitalism prioritizes the greed, interest and profit over the needs of the vast majority and the society.

7 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by majamajic(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2019
Buhari5:

I think there's shouldn't be a cause to arrest a protester during a peaceful protest.

u can arrest if it starts getting out of hand , if well behaved , no problem
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Buhari5: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2019
majamajic:

u can arrest if it starts getting out of hand , if well behaved , no problem

Maybe

But the protest never got out of hand

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by BlackfireX: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
Jail him and throw the keys away... Bloody nuisance

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Buhari5: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Free Fagunwa

Free Fagunwa

Free Fagunwa

africandictator:
he has always been a fan of the national conscience party founded by Gani fawehwimi of blessed memory !

He's a role model to be envied....

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by hisexcellency34: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Who be this hunter?
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by SoftP(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Seun refused creating room for change of Moniker,

I'm sure the OP is so desiring to change his name. Buhari 15

Besides, in every revolution, there must be a sacrificial lamb' I guess the PAN-Africanist is one.

Una never see anything, u guys booted out a democrat and embraced an Autocrat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
the protest was a flop. nigerians love it this way .

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Jayslicky: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ok, let's see what nairalanders think.
Yes for the protest LIKE, NO for the protest SHARE.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Iceman2017(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
Before I online and protest, you must have to tell me which side he supported in 2015 grin

We want to know if he's among those being afflicted by their old sins grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy
You just said my mind...
After all they called us so many disgusting names.

6 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Visman(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
so now na #freeSowore no be #RevolutionNow againundecidedgrin
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by SoNature(m): 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
The police will just open fire on protesters

We love Nigeria like this grin

We all die here

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by africandictator(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
Before I online and protest, you must have to tell me which side he supported in 2015 grin

he has always been a fan of the national conscience party founded by Gani fawehwimi of blessed memory !

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by gurunlocker: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Did he vote Buhari? Did he joined the protest before Buhari came on board?
If yes, GL to him....

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by efeteb: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by nwanyionitsha: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
majamajic:
it's too late , APC won west just some months
The guy is now a terrorist.lol. ....

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by chxe: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nobody is going anywhere. Una war una fight
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by nwanyionitsha: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
Buhari5:

I think there's shouldn't be a cause to arrest a protester during a peaceful protest.
Not under Buharis administration.
Not only was he arrested, he will be labeled a terrorist.
I dey laugh.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Patode: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
I would like the DSS to release Sowore and see if he is bold enough to pour petrol on himself, and strike a match.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by opalu: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wow
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by vedaxcool(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:

grin grin hope you are enjoying the second Niger Bridge GEJ gave you. Pained tanoid. grin grin grin

Sai Baba law and order is what we want.

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by SLAP44: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
vedaxcool:

grin grin hope you are enjoying the second Niger Bridge GEJ gave you. Pained tanoid. grin grin grin

Sai Baba law and order is what we want.

No, I am flying in with Jonathan international airport which the rugarist is trying to close grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Omoslim26: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Men this are good times for Nigerian police bcus as long as them catch either by mistake or by error OGA I NO FOLLOW I NO FOLLOW 5K must comot from your body
if them come catch 500 protesters how much be dat .
good business tyms for NP
Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by nasoeb: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:

No, I am flying in with Jonathan international airport which the rugarist is trying to close grin
You just bad gan grin
Kai see salvaging.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Fagunwa Arrested During "Free Sowore" Protest In Osun by Buhari5: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
africandictator:

He's a role model to be envied....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Noel Brown Is Kidnapper Evans New Lawyer / Man Rapes 9-Year-Old Boy To Death In Kebbi / EFCC Nabs Money Transfer Fraudster, Ikechukwu Sunday In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.