Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,128 members, 7,860,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Wanted $800,000 To Build Four Artificial Football Pitches-adamu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Wanted $800,000 To Build Four Artificial Football Pitches-adamu (645 Views)

N3,000 To N2.4m In 3 Weeks. Weekend Games Only / Project #1,000 To #85,000 After 20bets... / John Fashanu: I Paid My Gay Brother Justin £75,000 To Prevent Him Coming Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted $800,000 To Build Four Artificial Football Pitches-adamu by realatah(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2010
The allegations of vote-selling that have cropped up against Amos Adamu, Nigerian FIFA executive member has been called an embarrassment to the country by a member of the Nigeria's parliament, Godfrey Gaiya.

Adamu, is alleged to have told undercover journalists that he wanted $800,000 to build four artificial football pitches in Nigeria in exchange for voting in favour of the United States as hosts of the 2018 World Cup.

Gaiya said, "It is definitely an embarrassment for the country, but still an allegation for now".

"We have to wait to see evidence or proof before we take any position on the matter. If the story is found to be true, sanctions will surely be taken against him. "

If it's true that he wanted $800k to build pitches why can't he take the right way to get the money?

I see this as an excuse to escape the shameful act of his. sad
Re: I Wanted $800,000 To Build Four Artificial Football Pitches-adamu by furacao(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2010
What a crook! l saw footage of the secret recording. The journalist asked him if he wanted the money paid into the Federation's account or his personal account directly, and he said, they should pay it into his account "directly. directly". He wanted to collect interest on the money abi?
How does that now infer that he wanted thew money for artificial football pitches, expecially when FIFA have a GOAL project for such initiatives?
liar.
He has been caught and cannot be man enough to admit guilt.

(1) (Reply)

Cancell That Cameroun Friendly Match / Season Iv : Best Team Vs Best Coach / Latest Fifa Rankings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.