Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,831 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle (33810 Views)

Samuel Oludayo Akinpelu 'Alabi Yellow' Dying Of Stroke (PHOTO) / Corpse Of Ifeanyi Ikenga Gbulie Who Died Of Stroke (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ikenga Gbulie Is Dead. Stroke Kills Nollywood Actor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Naijaalive(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
David Dale, a renowned Nigerian artist has died at the Military Hospital, Yaba, at about 4am, on August 6th 2019 after a long and traumatic battle with stroke. The artist, famous for the stained glass technique had been in and out of coma, and recently he broke a thigh bone that required a surgery. Thereafter, he suffered another stroke that impaired his speech and ability to recognise people.

Born in 1947 in Nigeria to a Scottish father and a Nigerian mother, Dale moved to the United Kingdom to live with an aunt at age two. He returned to Nigeria to finish his secondary education at St. Gregory’s College, Lagos.

Dale had worked consistently in 23 different media during his four decades old career. Among his regular medium are oil, beads, glass bead works, water colour, gouache, stained glass media in three different styles including wrought iron, etchings, mosaic, and lino prints.

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/nigerian-artist-david-dale-dies-at-military-hospital-yaba.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Naijaalive(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
rest in peace.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by budosky(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
eeyah

1 Like

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Ijaya123: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
Brief Biography.
Dale was born in 1947 in Nigeria from a British father and a Nigerian mother. He moved to The United Kingdom to live with an Aunt at age two and would remain there for nearly two decades, returning to Nigeria to finish his secondary education at St. Gregory’s College, Lagos. He would meet Bruce Onobrakpeya, then the art teacher at the college who would encourage his interest in art.

He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University in 1971 and moved back to Lagos to practice, working with Onobrakpeya for a few years before setting up his own studio. He would go on to practice art, explore advertising and teach part-time at the University of Lagos in the eighties.

Many of his early artworks and some of his best known artworks are done in the lino engraving and foil methods that Onobrakpeya practised. Dale would go beyond print-making though to work in a variety of media including coloured beads, charcoal and stained glass.

Many of his early artworks explored the energy and variety of urban life in Lagos. His lines were sparse, eliminating superfluous adornment to create a visceral connection to his viewers. His move into advertising may have influenced this almost minimalist approach.

Dale’s artworks, created in his array of material, adorn the homes and churches of Lagos.

May his gentle soul rest in peace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Halib(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
u deserves RIP
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by fmlala: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
RIP

2 Likes

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by BigJoe19: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
R.I.P sir, help me greet my grandpa on when you get to heaven.

1 Like

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by seunmohmoh(f): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
Live in peace sir
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Chrisbeks: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
At least he reached his old age. RIP
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by dfrost: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
@72 had a good career embarassed. But when the cold hands of death comes calling, we all bow to it regardless of our impressive cv.

Sleep on sire.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by sylve11: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
Journey well. cool
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by ambivert27(f): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
undecided
these bloggers and their adjectives!
Renowned indeed.
RIP SIR
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Forreellinc: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
grin wole soyinka see your mates o, so do us a favour and stop disturbing us from your house
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
If he had the opportunity to travel to London hospital like Buhari... He will still be with us today..

Nigeria can only get better once you stop public office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad..

They will be forced to fix the country..

Buhari is selfish...
Those who support him are worse than Ebola

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Gosj01(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Chai!

Hope this is real and not fake as usual? It quite alarming the way fake news flies to Frontpage.

Anyways, my signature speaks volume!
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Sellfish(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
It is well

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by mixta140: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Eeyah...rest in peace.

For stubborn STD check my signature
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Forreellinc:
grin wole soyinka see your mates o, so do us a favour and stop disturbing us from your house

This is the kind of people chanting sai barber..

Nigeria cannot survive another four years of Buhari
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
72. Him try.. Rip
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Legendguy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
Rip
But my question is, he was to a Scottish father and a Nigerian mother
He should be an half caste or fair in complexion or may be his dad is a black Scottish
My question is why is he black inspire of his white father gene?
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by money121(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
R.i.p
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
If he had the opportunity to travel to London hospital like Buhari... He will still be with us today..

Nigeria can only get better once you stop public office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad..

They will be forced to fix the country..

Buhari is selfish...
Those who support him are worse than Ebola

You can't do much on a budget of less than 900billion for health.

If we wanted good healthcare in Nigeria like the UK....we would need something like 9000 billion or more. Naira.
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
RIP Sir. I hope the loved ones you left behind will find comfort.

1 Like

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by DameB(f): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Legendguy:
Rip
He should be an half caste or fair in complexion or may be his dad is a black Scottish
Bros let papa and his ancestry restsmiley
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Legendguy:
Rip

Genetics is a random thing

Mariah Carey , the singer, is the daughter of a white woman and black man. She looks white, her senior brother looks black.

2 Likes

Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by veesion: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
CAN WE SEE SOME OF HIS WORKS
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by TooMuchMoneyCC: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
RIP
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Dandsome: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2019
RIP but can we see some of his works?
Re: David Dale Dies After Stroke Battle by Olamigenius(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
When be the man burial?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why My Wife Left Home For 3 Days - AY / Mohbad: Dammy Krane Tackles Naira Marley / Photos: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde At The Pampers Sales Rep Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.