Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting (792 Views)

Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / Secret You Must Know About 5G Network, Mark Of The Beast, Coronavirus & The End / The Truth About Goal Setting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
Goal setting is a critical topic to discuss. There are many books written on goal setting.

So many people have goals but the don't know how to set them.

The only time most people set goals are in the beginning of the year. That is, the new year resolution.

They will talk about the things the need to achieve for the year but will not set it as a goal. Most of them will not even write it down.

But that is not a good habit. If you want to be successful, you have to set goals and find ways to achieve them.

If you want to be among the top 20 percent of money earners in the society, you must be goal oriented.

You must know how to set goals and make out plans to achieve them. This is one of the habits of the successful people.

All successful people set goals. Name them all.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Larry Page, etc

They all set goals. Even Nigerian billionaires set goals.

You say you want to be successful, and you haven't even set goals for yourself.

When I mean set goals, I don't mean to just say to yourself, “I want to make one million naira before the end of this year".

Now let me ask you. Have you written them down? Have you make out plans to achieve them? Are you working on your goals in order to achieve them?

NO!

You see, that's why am here today. I want to show you the seven step by step guide on how to set goals.

This might not be the best guide on how to set goals, but I know it absolutely worked for me. And I know it will work for you too.

In fact, it will be the best guide on goal setting.

Step One: Decide exactly what you want in a specific area and write it down
clearly, in detail. That thing that you really have in your mind to do, be or have.

Make it measurable and specific. Don't just write, “I want to make more money". Write down the amount of money you really want to make and be specific enough.

Step Two: Set a deadline for the achievement of the goal. A goal without a deadline is not a goal.

Write down when you will want to achieve that goal you wrote down on a paper.

If it is a large goal, break it down into smaller parts and set sub-deadlines.

Step Three: Make a list of everything that you will have to do to achieve this goal. Think of anything you can do to achieve that goal.

As you think of new items, add them to your list until it is complete.

After you have done writing what you can do, it now takes us to the next step...

Step Four: Organize your list of action steps into a plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Any plan is better than no plan at all.

A plan is organized on the basis of two elements; priority and sequence.

In organizing by priorities, you determine the most important things that you can possibly do on your list to achieve your goal.

This is where the 80/20 Rule applies. 20% of the things that you do will account for 80% of your results. Think of the 20% of the things you do that will bring the 80% of the result.

If you do not set clear priorities, you will “major in minors” and spend much of your time doing small and irrelevant tasks that do not help you to achieve the goal.

In organizing by sequence, you determine what has to be done before something else can be done. You can't do everything at the same time.

There are always activities that are dependent upon other activities being completed in advance.

What are they, and what is the logical order or sequence?

Step Five: Identify the obstacles or limitations that might hold you back from achieving your goal, both in the situation and within yourself.

You can't tell me there will be no obstacles. The number one obstacle is the one in your mind. The limit to whatever you can achieve is the limit you place in your mind.

Ask yourself, “Why have I not achieved this goal already?”

Identify the most important constraint or limitation that is holding you back and then focus on removing that obstacle.

It could be a certain amount of money, or a
key resource. It could be an additional skill or habit that you need. It could be additional information you require. It could be the help or assistance of one or more people.

Whatever it is, identify it clearly and go to work to eliminate it.

Do not skip this step!

Step Six: Once you have determined your goal, developed your plan, and identified your major obstacle, immediately take action of some kind toward the achievement of your goal.

This is really the most important step. Without action you can't achieve that goal. Action is the key to success.

Step out in faith. Do the first thing that comes to mind. Whatever it is, you just have to do something.

Do something immediately to start the process of goal attainment moving forward.

Then the last step...

Step Seven: Do something every day that moves you to toward your most important goal. Whatever it may be, do it every day.

Make a habit of getting up each morning, planning your day and then doing something — anything — that moves you at least one step closer to what is most important to you.

If you keep doing something that moves you toward achieving your goals, you will be moving towards your goal. And if you are moving towards your goal, your goal will be moving towards you.

I hope this step by step guide help you achieve that goal that you are having now.

Take action today by setting your goals and achiving them.

When you do this today, you will be on your way to success.

If you would like to know more on how to set your goals and achieve them, I will be packaging 10 great ebook on goal setting.

These are bestselling books written by popular authors.

These ebooks are packed with everything you need to know on goal setting.

Let me ask you... How much would you pay to know the strategies to use in order to achieve that your great goal?

Would you pay 10,000 naira in order to know how to achieve a goal of 1 million naira?

Though, I won't be charging you ₦10,000. It would be less than that.

I didn't get these ebooks free. These ebooks are worth more than ₦20,000. But I will be giving it to you for just ₦2,000.

But... If you order today, I will give you 2 more ebooks as a bonus.

That is a total of 12 books for ordering today.

Contact me now before you miss this deal!
WhatsApp - 08122155238
Direct link - https:///2348122155238?text=Hello...%20I%20need%20the%20ebooks%20on%20goal%20setting

Remember... You are one goal away from your success!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by Ajibade123(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
this is a very nice topic....
you can also see meaning of positive thinking and it amazing effects https://explicitsuccess.com/benefits-of-positive-thinking/
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 9:37am On Aug 07, 2019
“The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.”
– Bill Copeland
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
– Zig Ziglar
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”
– Albert Einstein
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
– Tony Robbins
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 8:57am On Aug 10, 2019
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
– Andrew Carnegie
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
Offer still on...

Get these ebooks for a little token

You can get 10 ebooks on goal setting for just ₦2,000

Plus the 2 more as bonus if you order today

Contact me now before you miss this deal!

WhatsApp - 08122155238

Direct link - https:///2348122155238?text=Hello...%20I%20need%20the%20ebooks%20on%20goal%20setting
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

Start investing today!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
“If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals.”
– Lou Holtz
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
Do you have goals you want to achieve?

Get the information you need to get started!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
If you want to be among the top 20 percent of money earners in the society...

You must be goal oriented.
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by Ajibade123(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
Time is a very important factor in setting your goals.. see powerful ways you can manage your time effectively
https://explicitsuccess.com/effective-time-management-strategies/
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2019
Would you like to know how to achieve that to achieve that great goal?

Get my goal setting package today!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2019
Achieve that your goal before the end of this year.

Get this package for just ₦2000.
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
Offer still available...

Get your goal setting package today!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
You can hit a target you can't see.

Start setting your goals today!
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2019
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
– Andrew Carnegie
Re: The Secret You Don't Know About Goal Setting by EbookVault: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
– Bruce Lee

(1) (Reply)

Emore Grammar School Students To Write Resumption Test In New Classrooms / EMIS Records Another 100% As JAMB Releases Saturday, 13th March Results / FG Directs ASUU To Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.