Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games (43629 Views)

Joshua Agboola: 10-year-old Nigerian Programmer Who Has Developed Games And App / Meet Basil Okpara, The 9-year-old Nigerian Programmer Who's Built Over 30 Games / Chatme, A Chat Messenger Application Develop By Nigerian Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by GMbuharii: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2019
OKPARA AMAKA grin

1 Like

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by ayobaye(m): 10:26am On Aug 07, 2019
Mortiple:

You can twist and misinterpret my post, for all I care.

Also, your attempt to whip up sentiment in your favour is childish. What has my remark got to do with "political correctness" and "complex challenge"... you iediot?

I am shell shocked that the one who claim to "live in Ohio" where ethnocentrism, tribalism and racism is totally discouraged is here supporting the same. I am not in doubt that you are one of those embarrassing Nigeria and Africa over there.

FYI, I do not only speak Igbo fluently, I write same too. Needless to add that I am a community leader who occupy various leadership positions in my town union, village meeting, clan and kindred meetings, Obviously, I am not your type.

Since you want to take a bullet for another... May the combined force of Agwu and Amadioha visit you!!!

You are true Nigerian brother. What has been killing this country is what you have been attacking in your write-ups. Nigerians and too ethnocentric and religious. Thank you brother. Let us talk to them may be they will change to knowing the fact that human beings all over the world have blood running in their veins.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Princedapace(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2019
Mortiple:

You can twist and misinterpret my post, for all I care.

Also, your attempt to whip up sentiment in your favour is childish. What has my remark got to do with "political correctness" and "complex challenge"... you iediot?

I am shell shocked that the one who claim to "live in Ohio" where ethnocentrism, tribalism and racism is totally discouraged is here supporting the same. I am not in doubt that you are one of those embarrassing Nigeria and Africa over there.

FYI, I do not only speak Igbo fluently, I write same too. Needless to add that I am a community leader who occupy various leadership positions in my town union, village meeting, clan and kindred meetings, Obviously, I am not your type.

Since you want to take a bullet for another... May the combined force of Agwu and Amadioha visit you!!!

OMG! So, it was 'igbo amaka' that made u got so angry like this? I have been seeing Yoruba amaka here too. Mehn, what has igbo people done to some of u in this country? Any reaction from the igbos is seriously attacked.

I mean, when has it been a bad thing to praise ur tribe? The jews praise them selves so much, the German do same, I personally do not see anything wrong with his comment. U just spoilt this thread. Baba, hide ur face.

1 Like

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Princedapace(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
ceejee:

if the state "is he not Igbo?Igbo Amaka " made you to vomit that dumb statement that the guy is more of yoruba than igbo bcoz he stays in Lagos Nigeria, it shogroupws u have a complex problem. the statement on its own did not attack any ethnic group it rather extolled the programmer's ethnic group. it that what u call bigotry? if indeed ur a community leader then it must be a community of fools. As for ur amadioha and agwu , I live above those powerless things. Nitwit. less I forget, what is the name of ur community?

Im seriously suprised at his reaction and vexation. He is so pained for that statement. When has it become a crime to praise ur own tribe? As long as u dont ridicule others, praising ur self is allowed. It is also allowed in advertisement to praise ur self but dont ridicule others. That young man must really hate igbos o.

im so shocked.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Gwandana: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2019
Waw this is interesting
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Princedapace(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2019
Daviddson:
I can see somebody above with a low self-esteem shouting "amaka". Disgusting. I wonder what this kind of comment brings into their pocket, and that also goes to the yorubas that shout "Yoruba akamu" grin.
Can we just praise this young lad without connecting his intelligence to tribe, because Efik, Igala, Edo, Hausa children are doing similar things too.

dam it, I dont see anything wrong in praising ur own tribe. It is allowed, the German praise them selves, the Jews do same, the French are full of pride. These are nations. In Nigeria, we have nations, Igbo nation, Yoruba nation, Fulani nation, Hausa nation, Irobo, etc. No one is holding anyone back from praising their own tribe as long as u dont ridicule other tribes. If he said 'Igbo amaka' then insult another tribe or mention another tribe to ridicule directly or indirectly, then he has done something wrong.

No matter how much we run from it, there are nations within the country called Nigeria. Im sure u know the difference between nation and state.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by lexy2014: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2019
Kingosytex:

I mean no harm.

I understand.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Menance: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by ElsonMorali: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2019
ceejee:

if the state "is he not Igbo?Igbo Amaka " made you to vomit that dumb statement that the guy is more of yoruba than igbo bcoz he stays in Lagos Nigeria, it shogroupws u have a complex problem. the statement on its own did not attack any ethnic group it rather extolled the programmer's ethnic group. it that what u call bigotry? if indeed ur a community leader then it must be a community of fools. As for ur amadioha and agwu , I live above those powerless things. Nitwit. less I forget, what is the name of ur community?

And what has his ethnic grouping got to do with his achievements though?

There are geniuses and dumb folks from every part of the world.

I just laugh when someone posts some other person's achievement here and y'all rush to see if it's afonja or Igbo. It is very childish.

Shows that you need to prop up your ethnicity, which probably doesn't need it. And this goes for all the ethnic groups represented here.

If there's any particular ethnic group that should brag the most, it should be the middle Eastern Jews. (Note the phrase Middle Eastern).

The number of Nobel prize awardees from that region in terms of science and technology is simply crazy.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Uchesco01: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2019
Hmmmmm. Must everything be tribalized in this nairaliand? This tribal division in every act is becoming disgusting.
Kingosytex:
This boy is the real celebrity unlike those BBN hoeloshos who fvck their way to the celebrity status.

Basil Okpara? Isn't that an Igbo name? Igbo Amaka!!
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Kingosytex(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2019
Uchesco01:
Hmmmmm. Must everything be tribalized in this nairaliand? This tribal division in every act is becoming disgusting.

Me of all people tribalised? sorry if i sounded so. i have apologised countless times.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Opexzy: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2019
See all of them... See there comments...

Nigeria is a disjointed country of many nations, nothing binds them than bitterness... I weep for this nation...
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by sayisayi(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Mortiple:
who cannot even understand Igbo language not to talk of Igbo culture.

BTW, abum nwafor Igbo.

We know the comments you love to see...

Lol.. na for crime as long as there is a vowel na Igbo, but for success your igbophobia don begin.

Any good hearted person, come out from Naija if you get the chance, the country is populated by devils...

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by MrBONE2(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2019
Kingosytex:
This boy is the real celebrity unlike those BBN hoeloshos who fvck their way to the celebrity status.

Basil Okpara? Isn't that an Igbo name? Igbo Amaka!!

Africans Emela grin

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by AlomoReloaded: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
johnmartus:
You should be ashamed of yourself There's nothing to be proud of being igbo . Many of friends don't want to be address as igbo
Ezzi ófía!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by gosmoney(m): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
Wow shocked
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by merits(m): 11:59am On Aug 07, 2019
emma321:
Meet Basil Okpara Jr Is A Nigerian Programmer Who Built More Than 30 Educational

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/06/africa/9-year-old-built-30-mobile-apps-intl/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMzwdmvS-Co
May God continue to bless you boy.

For making my Igbo blada proud.

1 Like

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by BULLIONVAN4(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
post=81021681:
Thumbs up to the original WIZKID!
Give the boy one lap of bbq turkey and sauced beefgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by dokie: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Mortiple:
I HATE to see comments like this.

It might interest you to know that Basic is more YORUBA, HAUSA or BINI than Igbo just like other Igbo kids born and raised outside the shores of Igbo land who cannot even understand Igbo language not to talk of Igbo culture.

BTW, abum nwafor Igbo.

Negodu ihe i'na kogeri.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by BULLIONVAN4(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hintona:

it's either you are gullible or you are a hypocritical tribalist
You didn't understood what the guy wrote or was trying to say.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Kfed4ril(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
Mortiple:
I HATE to see comments like this.

It might interest you to know that Basic is more YORUBA, HAUSA or BINI than Igbo just like other Igbo kids born and raised outside the shores of Igbo land who cannot even understand Igbo language not to talk of Igbo culture.

BTW, abum nwafor Igbo.

Oga shut up, I was born in Adamawa but I’m Igbo and don’t ever make the mistake of telling me that I’m more Hausa because I was born and raised in the north.

I’m Igbo 100%.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Smartwave: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
cool

Meanwhile his abo-ki agemates are busy rummaging through dustbins for food and begging for 10 Naira change.
and you're wasting your life on ...., while that Aboki his agemates may still be his DG tomorrow, like they're controlling your life today. Mr. Online ranting.

You never reasoning and Comment with sense.

Tribal bigotry.

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by EkunKekere: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Smartwave:
and you're wasting your life on ...., while that Aboki his agemates may still be his DG tomorrow, like they're controlling your life today. Mr. Online ranting.

You never reasoning and Comment with sense.

Tribal bigotry.

I reason with facts and bitter truth while shameless sycophants can only gnash their teeth in frustration grin

[img]https://images./1fgK3C7QaQznVNuW1B4KtD.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Bahddo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Scratch is more of a programming game than programming IDE though. Helps kids have fun learning basic programming concepts without having to write any real code.

It's nice for a Nigerian 9 year old, but not that remarkable. Some (non-Nigerian) kids are learning to write real code at that age.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by petertamtam6(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by Smartwave: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
EkunKekere:

I reason with facts and bitter truth while shameless sycophants can only gnash their teeth in frustration grin

[img]https://images./1fgK3C7QaQznVNuW1B4KtD.jpg[/img]
nobody is saying, situation like this doesn't exist. But generalising it, on all the northerner is purely wrong.

When you visit Northern part of the country, you will see how, the rich kids look like.

As they have millions out of school, likewise their school is over populated.

And northern Governors spent on education both local and foreign than there southern counterpart.

Imaging ###### State Institutions are CHEAPER than federal school in the North ::::::::---- ( quote me ). And not like that in the south.

Most of us don't even travel out of our village, taught that all northerners are shoemakers and tomatoes sellers.

And the same northerners had succeeded, holding grip of power for years and still counting.

My point is stop generalizing in the name of what you read on paper because one Governor need World Bank loan, just like Gombe state Governor just got billions of dollars world Bank loan to fight hunger. :::--- who is deceiving who?

All these, are just northern tactics of reaping south off.
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by blaqroy: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
Igbo amaka grin grin
Re: Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games by OLUWADASH: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
cool

Meanwhile his abo-ki agemates are busy rummaging through dustbins for food and begging for 10 Naira change.

What are you saying dude ?heartbreaking when people can’t find the right word to say �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.