Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home (23450 Views)

Moses Isah: 200-Level ATBU Student Declared Missing / Hisbah Police Break Into BUK Female Students' Home / Female Student Dies In The ATBU Bauchi Bridge Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by References: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
The management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) on Tuesday issued a notice for students to vacate the campus after a flood disaster which led to the collapse of a pedestrian bridge, killing four students.

Students are asked to vacate the school premises immediately.

The notice was indicated in a circular signed by the registrar of the institution, A.G Hassan and pasted around the campus.

“Following the unfortunate incident (a flood disaster) of Monday, August 5, the Senate at an emergency meeting held on Tuesday, August 6 approved a break with effect from Tuesday, August 6 to August 18, 2019.

“All students are, therefore, required to vacate the campuses with immediate effect from today, August 6, 2019. It should be noted that academic activities with effect from Monday, August 19, 2019,” the circular reads in part.

The Vice-Chancellor Professor Abdulazeez Ahmed thereby commiserates with parents, SUG, students and the University community over the sad event and prays that the almighty God will protect the University from any unforeseen circumstances.

The school was thrown into the mourning after an accident on Monday midnight where a pedestrian bridge collapsed at the Gubi Campus.

Four students were killed and eight others injured after the bridge collapsed.

The bridge which links one of the hostels and another building containing lecture rooms collapsed at midnight, following a heavy downpour.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/08/06/atbu-sends-students-home-after-fatal-bridge-collapse/

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
cc:lalasticlala move this
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by emeijeh(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Accept my condolence.

Is that a bridge, or a metal fabrication shop extension?

21 Likes

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Luvlyna(f): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
sad

What kind of country is this. I'm very sure they noticed that the bridge was having issues, there must have been some alarming signs, users of the bridge must have informed the appropriate authorities, but they ignored. Now people have been killed. Nawa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Kendumazy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Bridge that ought to have been replaced with concrete one a long time ago. These are parts of the reasons why life expectancy is very low in this country. My condolences to the affected ones.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Sheriman(m): 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
And na school environment b this

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by TechCapon(m): 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
Smart move by school management. They know that the spirit of revolution is sweeping across the country and they might wake up to a massive aluta revolution tomorrow morning hence they decided to outsmart the students by sending them home immediately. Smart move
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by ChicagoBar(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Good evening. I heard a problem With Nigeria police at Car park C rccg camp area on 04/08/2019 .. Lagos ibadan express way. I was molested with my friend and his wife. I can only pick the police number and there car plate number . Officer police number (490027), second police number
( 244859) Car number npa 2594.. tell 08097691699

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by beardedboy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by chicoMX(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
TechCapon:
Lol
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by HisSmileHeal(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
[i][/i] I hope no life lost
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by stasius: 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
Is that thing a bridge?
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by LKO(m): 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
Innocent students just died as a result of carelessness on the part of some authorities. That bridge must have been showing signs of collapse before now but no one would care to do the needful as they probably do not use it.

I really feel for the families of the bereaved.
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by DefSimple: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
wait, you call that a bridge.! only in a sh*thole country.
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by point5: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
RIP the dead..now dey can see a reason to build that bridge to standard,..very wicked leaders ..Nigeria don expire
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by beardedboy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sheriman:

So everywhere should be tarred? Or the rivers should be sandfilled?
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by LarryBee1k: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
A
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by danniyal(m): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sheriman:

University of science and technology for that matter

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by 042mafia(m): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nigerian leaders with reactive measures always. Didn't the school authority know about the poor state of the bridge?
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by obembet(f): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
If we shout revolution, una NAS go self we are stupid.

RIP lady...
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by fergie001: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Worse still, this is a Federal University.

Rip to the dead.
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Dare1971(m): 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
R I P.
To the Dead
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by osazsky(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
That thing way welder construct na him them they call bridge nor b only bridge na cable-staye bridge like d one in russia
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Cthaffa(f): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
[quote author=References post=81000867]The management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) on Tuesday issued a notice for students to vacate the campus after a flood disaster which led to the collapse of a pedestrian bridge, killing four students.

Students are asked to vacate the school premises immediately.

The notice was indicated in a circular signed by the registrar of the institution, A.G Hassan and pasted around the campus.

“Following the unfortunate incident (a flood disaster) of Monday, August 5, the Senate at an emergency meeting held on Tuesday, August 6 approved a break with effect from Tuesday, August 6 to August 18, 2019.

“All students are, therefore, required to vacate the campuses with immediate effect from today, August 6, 2019. It should be noted that academic activities with effect from Monday, August 19, 2019,” the circular reads in part.

The Vice-Chancellor Professor Abdulazeez Ahmed thereby commiserates with parents, SUG, students and the University community over the sad event and prays that the almighty God will protect the University from any unforeseen circumstances.

The school was thrown into the mourning after an accident on Monday midnight where a pedestrian bridge collapsed at the Gubi Campus.

Four students were killed and eight others injured after the bridge collapsed.

The bridge which links one of the hostels and another building containing lecture rooms collapsed at midnight, following a heavy downpour.

This is sad news,pls accept our condoles and we pray for the school that such incident will never happen again,
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by olaswim: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
Is that a bridge or what...... Where do we go wrong and who do we offend as a nation? That's a death trap not bridge... Bad leaders everywhere you go in nigeria... Accept my condolences...... RIP
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by HoldenCaulfield(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
Can't believe I once used that bridge, it was scary as hell.
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Felixalex(m): 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Colewold: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Top Selling Mobile Phone, PrIce and Where To Buy
https://www.nairaland.com/5345175/top-selling-mobile-phones#81012085
Re: Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
TechCapon:
Smart move by school management. They know that the spirit of revolution is sweeping across the country and they might wake up to a massive aluta revolution tomorrow morning hence they decided to outsmart the students by sending them home immediately. Smart move
The students actually went on rampage destroying school properties and vehicles, the Vc made an unnecessary comment and students went mad.It's just unfortunate that these young people had to die this way

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Same Yoruba Words But Different Meanings / Unilag Foundation Programme 2015/2016 Thread( C.O.C form closes sept 29) / Oluwafemi Adedairo Has Won The World Mathematics Team Challenge For Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.