Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile (14172 Views)

LASU Part-time Students Protest, Shut Fashola’s Office / Lasu Part Time Campus Result Is Out. Good Luck Lasuites / Obtain Your Laspotech Part-time Studies Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by princeyomm: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2010
HELLO HOUSE,
I WONDER WHY MANY PEOPLE, MOST ESPECIALLY THE WORKING CLASS ENROLL FOR A PART -TIME COURSE IN A UNIVERSITY LIKE LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY. WELL, TO MANY THIS MAY SOUND ABSURD, BUT WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF UNDERTAKING A FIVE YEAR DEGREE COURSE FOR SIX AND HALF YEARS WITHOUT NO CERTIFICATE.
IMAGINE GRADUATING FROM THIS SO CALLED USELESS SCHOOL, SINCE 2007/2008 WITH SECOND CLASS UPPER WITH NO CERTIFICATE TO SHOW FOR IT AFTER 3YRS.
many opportunities have been missing, such as promotions at work, getting better offers of jobs, inability to run a second degree and the aura of being a graduate, am a victim of this, and i feel so sorry for those who are there at the moment, cos i have suffered a lot for not having a certificate, LASU PART-TIME STUDIES A WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by eresource(m): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2010
I feel your pain bro. I'm in the system presently, and all I can do is pray to God that I don't regret applying for LASU Part Time. I pray you'll get your certificate soon in Jesus name bro.

And if anyone is looking for admission or is desperate ABEG try other schools in Lagos, yabatech or laspotech dey there, trust me when I say the bsc may become your source of despair if you finally get into the system.

May God help us for this country.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by obyann(f): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2010
Princeyomm pele, pray your result is released soon.

My friend is experiencing same. her 5 years course in LASU turned out to be 7 years and after 2 years of her graduation, no result to show for it. sad sad sad
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by fm7070: 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
LASU Part-time program is one of the stressful and useless academic program we have in this country. It is indirectly expensive, most lecturers takes bribes, u buy useless books and handouts, even take money from you for assistance if you want to pass your test or exams. So many disgusting requests from the lecturers and even the school authorities. My wife is actually a student of the Jibowu campus and that is one of the things I wish I could have changed about her.
I know people who has graduated from that school for the past 3 years and haven't got their certificate up till now.
Coincindentally, a brother in our new church gave a testimony that he got his certificate after 6years of grduating from LASU.
What a shame!!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Superbrain(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
I'm dumbfounded!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by marjo: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
I feel the poster. Couldnt afford UNILAGS fees and their timetable wasn't so worker friendly. their payment terms were also tough.I did my MBA at lasu. . Registered to start in 2001 but started in 2003. Finally finished in 2006. Got my certificate in 2009 - i made sure i pursued this diligently to the end. got the certificate on the last working day of Dec. I wont bore you will all the issues in between (lecturer begging for money etc).
In my office i see all the part-time students - a poor reflection of our educational system. some can barely string 3 sentences together. they are always requesting for days off to write exams ( time table written on a scrap of paper), re-write exams cos the results and documentation of the previous ones are lost, resitting exams written semesters ago cos the result just came out for them to know they had carry-overs bla bla bla. I believe Lagos is taking advantage of the NUC directive ( which people say the then NUC chief Peter Okebukola was lobbied to make) that satellite campuses should be X no of kms from the main campus. LASU snapped up most of the campuses of the universities that had to pull out e,g UNICAL. I think they have bitten off more than they can chew as the PT has become a veritable cash cow. I personally don't hold state run unis in high esteem. With the way they are going education ma baje l'eko
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by oludashmi(f): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
My God shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

All I have read is here is more than scary . . .my sister has OND and willing to take a PT degree prog in Lasu if they sell their form this yr but all what I have read are just the SAME with my friend's experience who has just started writing her project since 2003 or 2004 that she gained admissn. She said she can never advise anyone to go there.

Infact, last weekend she told me how she paid her project supervisor N25000 before he could approve her topic . . . what kind of sch is this, maybe I should tell my sister to stay off but she is taking lasu as a last option cos the Int. relatns she want to study as PT is not available in Unilag. I'm confused. sad

Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by myteacher(m): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
This is quite scary! Was thinking of doing my MBA there. With all I've read I'm already developing cold feet about it. If not that UNILAG's fees are on the high side, that would've been my best.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2010
This is sad. I am just about going for an MBA myself, now I have to be really careful. Why doesnt anything work in this country?
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by lekside44(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2010
Well the story of pt in lasu is not really different frm what the regular student are facing
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by maasflan: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2010
NA WA OOO, IAM ALREADY A STUENT THERE O, 100 LEVEL

WWW.GROU.PS/MYPROMATE
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2010
STAY OFF LASU SCHOOL OF PART-TIME STUDIES

if you dont want to spend 7years for a 5 years course
If you dont want to wait additional 3 years to get your certificate
If you dont want to pay tripple your school fees settling your lecturers, buying handouts, bribing for test and exams.
If you dont want to be descriminated by your colleagues, employers and society ('cus you can produce a certificate even after graduation).

If you are currently in year one, or two the earlier you leave the better.

IT ALWAYS SEEMS LIKE THE MOST AVAILABLE BUT DEFFINATELY IT TURNS OUT TO BE THE MOST REGRETFUL.

1 Like

Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by xandy84: 1:05am On Nov 12, 2010
maasflan:

NA WA OOO, IAM ALREADY A STUENT THERE O, 100 LEVEL

WWW.GROU.PS/MYPROMATE

I pity you and am sure by the time you to year four, you will no know if you are still a student or not because half of your exam will be missing, lecturers must have collect all you have on you that you will fell like runing away, but take heart,
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by DisGuy: 2:41am On Nov 12, 2010
All these under gomina FASHOLA?? and sosan? shocked shocked

eko o ni baje o!!!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by sunch(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2010
Anytime i hear of that institutions name my heart skips and filld with ferocious anger. The institution is made up of non-committed, greedy, selfish, self-centred, & disgruntled bunch of staffs. Can anyone ask them if this is d way they had there education.
Posing as threat by frustrating, extortioning, stressing, &making life unbearable for the students. Why wont NUC disaccredit some courses, when they seems to have a non-chalant attitude 2work.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by DisGuy: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
Isnt there an avenue for you guys to report this to Fashola or perhaps NUC
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by mafolayomi(f): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2010
all what have bin said about LASU up there is nothing but d whole truth, even more that i do not have the time to say now, cos am a leaving witness. @ dat guy/girl that is in 100 level, pls i beg of u its not too late, u must have started seeing d signs now, but wont want to pay attention to it, run as fast as yr leg can carry u, go to either lag or any other schools dat has better reputation and start afresh, trust me u haven't spent much compare to what u ar going to go thru in future. a word dey say is enough 4 d wise undecided
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Mustay(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2010
This is what occurs in numerous Nigerian universities both part time and full time. You are always recommended to add 'x' to the number of years the degree takes. Eventually, the degree becomes a tiring journey you become fed up with and this is why they also tag the next stage (for Undergraduates) 'Now Your Suffering Continues'.

the Nigerian educational system is sick and it's 'berra' if you are engaged in another program while in school so you don't just dull yourself o!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by AjanleKoko: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2010
Fact is, the whole thing testifies to the get-any-certificate mentality prevalent in Nigeria today.
LASU is just preying on the desperation of people, who want to get a certificate in any random discipline, business administration, political administration, social administration and what other types of 'administration' courses you have out there.

You don't see people falling over themselves to study any tech, science, or agric courses, or even some vocational skills. Everybody wants to be 'oga graduate', even though there are practically no jobs out there.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by KOYAINT: 10:48am On Feb 02, 2012
My fellow coullegues, I am also a victim of LASU System. Like You Guy has said, There is something we can do fast to stop this lingering problem.

Let us for a large group of numbers of Students, Uncertificated Students, Student without results among others.

I have an Idea that can sail us through, let us act fast.

sent message, email to all part-time students you know, all passed out without result among others.

We shall arrange a meeting and discuss our issues first.
Then we arrange meeting the Governor, Commissinoner of Education and that of Justice in Lagos State to profer lasting solution.

We have the connections to work it out.

Please; every one should email me for contact arrangement.
I have also passed out but nothing to show for it - No To whom, No Statement of result, No Certificate and No Confirmation of results.

email: raphaelkoya@yahoo.co.uk

for more private and confidential discussion.

Thanks and God shall see us through. 'Amen'.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by mroluway: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
i was a Victim. I had to quit at the 100 level.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by ritze(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2012
KOYA-INT.:

My fellow coullegues, I am also a victim of LASU System. Like You Guy has said, There is something we can do fast to stop this lingering problem.

Let us for a large group of numbers of Students, Uncertificated Students, Student without results among others.

I have an Idea that can sail us through, let us act fast.

sent message, email to all part-time students you know, all passed out without result among others.

We shall arrange a meeting and discuss our issues first.
Then we arrange meeting the Governor, Commissinoner of Education and that of Justice in Lagos State to profer lasting solution.

We have the connections to work it out.

Please; every one should email me for contact arrangement.
I have also passed out but nothing to show for it - No To whom, No Statement of result, No Certificate and No Confirmation of results.

email: raphaelkoya@yahoo.co.uk

for more private and confidential discussion.

Thanks and God shall see us through. 'Amen'.

Lmao

(1) (Reply)

University Of Calabar Inducts 63 New Doctors (photos) / Nigerian Mathematics Olympiad / Buhari Awards Cash, PHD Level Scholarships To 3 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.