Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,659 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died (4798 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates / Some Funny Posts I Saw In ATBU Bauchi Aspiring Students Group. / Female Student Dies In The ATBU Bauchi Bridge Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by GistMore11: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2019
The Whatsapp status of Salamat, a 200 level student of the department of Chemistry Education who was killed alongside four others when a pedestrian bridge at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Gubi Campus, collapsed on Monday night August 5th during a heavy downpour, suggests that she had a premonition about her death.

A screengrab of the Whatsapp status shared online by her friends, Salamat made reference to going to heaven and sleeping peacefully. Salamat and some of her colleagues were reading in a classroom at about 10pm when they decided to hurry back to the hostel as the weather became windy.

Just before going to use the pedestrian bridge that caused her to drown, Salamat updated her Whatsapp status. In her words.

My degree will not go up with me to heaven. Therefore, I will not come and kill myself over school. If I don't know it by 11.30pm, I am resting my head peacefully on my pillow and going to sleep'' she wrote

An hour later, she died.

See more photos; http://gistmore.com/read-the-chilling-whatsapp-status-of-atbu-bauchi-student-moments-before-she-died

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by GistMore11: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2019
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by chukwunedum150(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2019
RIP dear... las las school na scam

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Kingpee2(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2019
Nobody knows tomorrow like we always say even if tomorrow is Thursday ,that’s the only thing you can know about tomorrow.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Jerkules: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
In Jim Reeve's voice " Across the bridge,there's no more sorrow,across the bridge there's no more pain. "
RIP DEAR

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Mutemenot(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
Death Is inevitable, the only pain n fear is how one dies.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Gallantfortune(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Rest in peace, salamat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Generalwoodz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Such is life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Raydos: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Always Live your life as though you will die tomorrow!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Afimed: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
May her soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by fr3do(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
power in the tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Teeyin(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
Sleep on dearie... sometimes u feels like asking the question"WHY"but destiny as to take its stand!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
Rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by jnoz23(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
Normal student banter has turned to premonition!
Premonition kill you dia

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Alwaysking: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
Life is precious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
R.I.P Salaamat.
Daz so sad!. I don't know why mysterious death knocks at ATBU during semester exams. My 5yrs in that skool, na God oo , either accident or something unusual. I lost two solid friends during my time and they were thru some horrible means. Yahweh Guide us. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
A school, where attention was not paid on such a dilapidated bridge undecided

What's school self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by DavidEsq(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
Jerkules:
In Jim Reeve's voice " Across the bridge,there's no more sorrow,across the bridge there's no more pain. "
RIP DEAR
That's a very wrong song.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by sparog(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
She should have just dropped out instead of killing herself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Attempt: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
sparog:
Would av been better! But unfortunately..... she died...smiley
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Attempt: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
sparog:
BTW, she didn't kill herself
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Gadafii: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
Meanwhile buhari no get waec,he failed maths but he's the president of over 150 million people,see this young and promising life is cut short abruptly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
You found PEACE.
I pray The Creator blessings and mercy be with you.
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by grandstar(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gadafii:
Meanwhile buhari no get waec,he failed maths but he's the president of over 150 million people,see this young and promising life is cut short abruptly

You people no go kill person grin grin
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by DonBenny77(m): 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
chukwunedum150:
RIP dear... las las school na scam

Ignoramus
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Macnataf: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2019
Eyah
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by 9jaBloke: 3:08am On Aug 08, 2019
Of all the ancient terrestrial elements, Water remains the strongest.
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Onyenna(m): 5:20am On Aug 08, 2019
May they rest in peace, Amen!
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 08, 2019
May your Soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by Isoduwa(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
A school, where attention was not paid on such a dilapidated bridge undecided

What's school self

For not knowing the school you are a dull girl

Boom

Re: Read The Chilling Whatsapp Status Of ATBU Bauchi Student Moments Before She Died by bluefilm: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2019
I can't even find anything that remotely points to premonition in that post.

If you ask me, I'll say that's just a post from a student who is overwhelmed by academic pressure.

Which of course, is the case of so many of our students nationwide...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Month Of Birth....? / 6 Animals That Almost Lived forever / Jamb Admission Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.