Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

How To Reduce Pdf File Size With Your PC And Mobile Phones - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Reduce Pdf File Size With Your PC And Mobile Phones (2444 Views)

Ways To Reduce How Much Data Your Win­dows 10 PC Uses / How To Extract Images From A PDF File On Mac Computer ? / How Do I Convert A 15mb PDF File To Microsoft Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Pdf File Size With Your PC And Mobile Phones by Carliswagmalip(m): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
How To Reduce pdf File Size With Your PC And Mobile Phones

Good Day! If working with PDF files is a feature of your daily ordeals, you'll be quite aware that PDF files can be pretty large. Large PDF files aren't great for electronic transfer. Just like many other digital files, it is very possible for you to compress a PDF file to the barest minimum file size.
Working with Adobe PDF, the sizes of PDF files may vary, this depends on the preset settings. If a PDF file is created using "High-Quality Print Preset" the result will be a pretty large PDF file.
If the PDF file was created with "Standard" or "Smallest" file size preset, the PDF file will come out reduced. No matter the preset used in creating the PDF File, it is very possible for you to reduce the PDF file effectively.

**How To Reduce PDF File Size**

The process of reducing digital file size is referred to as "Data Compression". In data transmission terms, it is referred to as "Source Coding" which means; Encoding carried out at the data source before sent or stored. Let me cut the technical gibberish and head to business.
On this HowTo9ja "How To" I'll be showing you how to reduce pdf file size across multiple devices and in many ways so that if method one doesn't work for you, method two should.
1. How To Decrease PDF Files With Your Mac and/or Windows
2. How To Reduce PDF Files With Your iPhone and/or Android.
3. How To Lessen PDF Documents With Online Tools
The goal here is to learn how to reduce pdf file size without losing quality.
**How To Reduce PDF File Size With Your PC**
With your Mac PC and Windows PC, it is very possible for you to compress or reduce your PDF file. You can use the online method which is extensively explained down there or you can use any apps listed below.
Mac users are blessed with a system app called "Preview" which aids in compressing PDF File. Windows 10 users aren't left out either. The steps you'll use in reducing your PDF File Size, using Adobe Acrobat is the same with your Windows PC and Mac Os.

**How To Reduce PDF File On Mac**

I'll show you two major ways to decrease PDF File Size on mac, with the Preview
Decrease PDF File With Mac Using Preview Tool
Step 1: Navigate to the folder containing your PDF File.
Step 2: Open the PDF file with your Preview app. By default the Preview tool is Mac's default app for opening PDF files, so if double click on the PDF it should open. If that doesn't work, Right Click and select "Open With" then select Preview.
If the above doesn't work. Launch your Preview app, click on "File" in the top menu bar then select "Open", a window now pops up prompting you to select the PDF file you wish to edit, then click on "Open".
Step 3: After the PDF opens in Preview, click on "File" in your top menu.
Step 4: Select "Export As...." at the middle of the drop-down menu, a dialog box pops up.
Step 5: Click on the "Format" drop-down menu in the Export pop up box.
Step 6: Select the PDF.
Step 7: Now go to the "Quartz Filter" drop-down menu, which is below the "Format" option.
Step 8: Choose "Reduce File Size".
Step 9: In the "Export As" box, rename the PDF to a name you want, don't erase the ".pdf" extension.
Step 10: In the "Where" drop-down menu, choose a folder you'll love to save the file.
Step 11: Click on "Save". The PDF file has now been reduced and stored in your destination.
You can reduce the pdf file size with your, mobile device, Windows PC and online. Follow this link to see other methods

How To Reduce PDF File Size Smartly With Your PC And Mobile Phones In 2019 » How-To-9ja (https://howto9ja.com/how-to-reduce-pdf-file-size-with-your-pc-and-mobile#How_To_Reduce_PDF_Document_Size_On_Windows)
Re: How To Reduce Pdf File Size With Your PC And Mobile Phones by bismarc123: 12:10am On Dec 05, 2020
Usually, I convert all documents to pdf format, it is very convenient since you can sort all documents according to the necessary criteria and highlight the most important information. All the information mentioned above seems very difficult for me, I have long found another, simpler way to reduce the size of pdf files. I use the service https://pdfliner.com/alternative/sejda_alternative_online_pdf_editor as it provides the fastest way to convert files. In the future, I can correct the document at will, and enter all the necessary data. Try it yourself.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD.USA Used HP 4540s Core I3, 4gb/500gb At 58k / DELL INSPIRON WITH 4GB NVIDIA GRAPHICS-SOLD / Internet Download Manager Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.