Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) (1172 Views)

Masquerade Seen "Toasting" A Girl And Collecting Her Number (pic/video) / Captain Hosa Kneeling Down To Greet Oba Ewuare II (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Samorenews: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Once a New baby is brought to the market for the Very first time the Market Women put her inside whatever her mother sells, I.e if the mother sells Garri they will put the baby inside the Basin of Garri, so in this particular case the mom sells Pepper that is how they put the baby inside the Basket of Pepper.

Source
http://samgist.com/little-baby-put-inside-a-basket-of-pepper-pic-and-comments/

Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Samorenews: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Kingpee2(m): 5:25am On Aug 08, 2019
So if the mother sells live snakes ,what happens ?

2 Likes

Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Samorenews: 5:52am On Aug 08, 2019
Kingpee2:
So if the mother sells live snakes ,what happens ?

� �
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by chiommy123(f): 6:36am On Aug 08, 2019
She seems relaxed thou but that's wrong
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 08, 2019
I watched a video recently on the power of chilli and what these women are doing is simply that they are getting the baby acclimatised to the burning sensation of pepper.

In Mexico, they do the same thing by giving babies chili flavoured sweets from a tender age, which is why you see some of these guys eating some devilish pepper during competition and nothing happens to them.

This human body is a machine and can be adapted to suit any situation. We have just become lazy with the comforts that technological advancements have brought us. People that have forgotten their innate abilities.

2 Likes

Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Nat777: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2019
mulante:
I watched a video recently on the power of chilli and what these women are doing is simply that they are getting the baby acclimatised to the burning sensation of pepper.

In Mexico, they do the same thing by giving babies chili flavoured sweets from a tender age, which is why you see some of these guys eating some devilish pepper during competition and nothing happens to them.

This human body is a machine and can be adapted to suit any situation. We have just become lazy with the comforts that technological advancements have brought us. People that have forgotten their innate abilities.
You are right that's human adaptive abilities are remarkable. However, i still think putting children in pepper is a bit excessive. What logic could you possibly use to defend this rite?
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Kendumazy(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2019
Nothing is there.
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2019
Nat777:

You are right that's human adaptive abilities are remarkable. However, i still think putting children in pepper is a bit excessive. What logic could you possibly use to defend this rite?

Desensitization.

Little child will grow into the family business of trading pepper. The earlier she is exposed to the chili, the quicker she will adapt to the burning sensation it gives. It may not be so harmful to the child as you may think. Babies have remarkably adaptive abilities.
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by drginger(f): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
The baby seems to be sleeping, I hope he or she is wearing pants if not na pepper for inside bumbum go wake am
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by MetaPhysical: 1:50am On Aug 12, 2019
Nat777:

Same wisdom used in child immunizations. But because this is pepper seller and black, we cant respect it. If oyibo man come now with syringe and pepper agent to immunize the baby you will praise it.

If the mother sells pepper and she has the baby with her all the time occassions will arise when she needs to handle the baby. Without such rituals, believed to give immunity, touching the baby's skin with peppery hands in moments of emergency can burn the skin and cause permanent scar to such tender and soft skin, in addition to possible allergic reaction.

So this is wise to immune the baby like that.

1 Like

Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by MetaPhysical: 1:51am On Aug 12, 2019
In immunization you use culture from the virus or agent you want protection from.

Abi I lie?
Re: Little Baby Put Inside Basket Filled With Pepper (pic & Comment) by googi: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2019
Is it true that some people submerged new babies in the river? If the baby floats, he is theirs otherwise, not theirs. Saying where may be controversial.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Any Yoruba Name That Starts With ''Q''? / Calabar Christmas Carnival Photos / ~Omo Oba: Americans Act In Yoruba Language~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.