Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) (18963 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / Homeless Nigerian Man In USA, Walks The Street Aimlessly (Photos) / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by LasgidiOnline(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Residents of Makurdi, the Benue state capital are currently counting their loses after a heavy rainfall that started last night.

Lasgidi Online gathered that, areas like Judges Quarters, Wurukum and Gyado Villa are heavily affected by the flood as houses are currently submerged in the flood.

Recall that in 2017, flood displaced over 100,000 people and damaged around 2,000 homes in Benue State.

See more photos below...

https://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2019/08/flood-hits-makurdi-again.html
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by LasgidiOnline(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by dmltoyin(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2019
No pour dirty for drainage, dem no go hear, na to dey snap selfie after the deed is done

Government, build drainage and clear the existing ones frequently, NO, na to dey release official statement sending their deep regrets to the victims.

Naija

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Lionsbet: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ask me a country that is not working?

I'll tell you, Nigeria!

See my signature if you're looking for a great sports betting site to win big with.
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Leonbonapart(m): 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thoughts and prayers with you guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by tigerclaws: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
e no go better for buhari and his supporters
what a shameless criminal corrupt terrorist he is angry
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by money121(m): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
This is Nigeria
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by realestniggah: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please let us gather round and blame buhari
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by qualityovenbake(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
I see swimming pool
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Daroxle(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Stupid Governor with a bad governorship skills

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
na wa oo.
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Larryfest(m): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
Na person sitting room be that abi na swimming room

2 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Timmypromise(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Why are some people blaming buhari

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
God of mercy
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
I have been in Benue several times and I must confess it's one of the dirties state I ever visited. They throw dirt everywhere without minding the consequence, even they way they handle their food (akpu) is appalling that I have to go on compulsory fast yet the state is the food basket of the nation. And make the matter worse, no reasonable drainage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by InansBobo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
My pain is that same thing will most likely occur next year again in same town sad
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Damibiz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
A tell you,i'm in Makurdi now,the whole of wurukum roundabout(that place with food basket) and wurukum market is a no go area........till BSU first gate....that place is close toRiver Benue
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by DaddyMorenike: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Lord God.
You know the benz I been dey pray for? No b this one for the picture oh!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
flood seems to be hitting places it did not touch last year the hardest
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by joshepade(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Makurdi again!!!
I think makurdi shouldn't have been a residential place at all, it's meant to be a forest reserve area or zoo.
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Timoleon(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
just thinking....house rent suppose cheap for thus area o! on the other hand, person fit rent house for six months of the dry season and liveout the rainy season elsewhere.
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Damibiz:
A tell you,i'm in Makurdi now,the whole of wurukum roundabout(that place with food basket) and wurukum market is a no go area........till BSU first gate....that place is close toRiver Benue
did the river overflowed it banks? this seems too early. we are in August
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Damibiz(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Yeap,Makurdi Gboko road immediately after NAF Airport worst.....
Mk12:

did the river overflowed it banks? this seems too early. we are in August
Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by ogabs20(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
the governor collected money from the federal government but still refused to build canals.
I think they deserve the type of leadership they get

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Ayoolamax: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
tigerclaws:
e no go better for buhari and his supporters
what a shameless criminal corrupt terrorist he is angry
My brother, why you be like this naa, shey naa buhari they put dirty inside drainage abi naa him go help them commot the dirty, pls no let blind hatred cause another disease to ur body from the one that ur local doctor they help u solve.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Premiumwriter: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
bid4rich:
I have been in Benue several times and I must confess it's one of the dirties state I ever visited. They throw dirt everywhere without minding the consequence, even they way they handle their food (akpu) is appalling that I have to go on compulsory fast yet the state is the food basket of the nation. And make the matter worse, no reasonable drainage.

you went cheap nothing more.

Even if you go to America, there are cheap dirty places for you.

Hustle make you no come dey lie on top my state

2 Likes

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Bukden16(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ayoolamax:
My brother, why you be like this naa, shey naa buhari they put dirty inside drainage abi naa him go help them commot the dirty, pls no let blind hatred cause another disease to ur body from the one that ur local doctor they help u solve.

This your meme ehn...

Buhari right now, will be like....

1 Like

Re: Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Noted....

See fyn apartment yet una no fit do ordinary proper drainage system inasmuch as the government has failed us should we fail our self too, las las na we they bear the lost and damage not excluding exposure to diseases, to maintain a drainage system is not all that hard and always make sure water ways are free 4rm debris.....

NB black man will build mansion but to dig ordinary water way infrnt of his house na problem

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ice Skating In Nigeria: At Silverbird Galleria / British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud / FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.