Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

#fact. Osu Were The First Set Of Igbos To Visit Lagos. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / #fact. Osu Were The First Set Of Igbos To Visit Lagos. (435 Views)

Ohu, Osu: Nigeria's Slave Descendants Prevented From Marrying Who They Want / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#fact. Osu Were The First Set Of Igbos To Visit Lagos. by fk001(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
The first set of Igbo people to migrate from the East to Lagos were Osu outcasts in 1923.

The Osus are people historically owned by deities and are therefore considered to be a ''living sacrifice'', an outcast, untouchable and subhuman.

Condemned to live in evil forests and other dehumanising existence, they were absorbed by the Westerners and eventually seized the endless opportunities the West had to offer and made it.

As professionals, these same Osus returned to the East to show their tormentors and dehumanisers where the new prosperity was going to be.

Their affluence and success stories eventually led to an outward gush of Igbos to Lagos and the rest of the West in the late 1920s.

In fact, 13,000 of these Igbo-Lagosians sailed from Lagos to build Ghana's railway.

Lalasticlala

Credit History vile

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

ÀBÍKÚ: A Thin Line That Cuts Between Tradition And Science / How Oluwo ‘assaulted’ Me Over Land Dispute – Osun Monarch / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Ladies (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.