Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. (24923 Views)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens / Xenophobic Attacks: Travel Warning From Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by mcrity46: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
buhari why na?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by OkirikaDealer: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
MrTrend:

Says who?

Can this be stupidity or drunkenness? tongue
If Jesus died in Nigeria he would have been called mugu

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by sogodihno: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
OkirikaDealer:
It's better to die in America than to die in nigeria

A
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by nedekid: 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
helinues:
Yeyelity

Give Nigerians us open visa and watch If 90% wont vamooch upon the warning
Lol. Even me that yab USA policies go pack my Kaya japa there 1 time grin

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by sonnie10: 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
This same America that I can go out anytime of the day without fear because of top notch security.
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
One of the many sins of the republican.

How can the constitution allow people to own guns?
It should be restricted to those who are supposed to need it.

Angelicbeing, I guess u live in the states.
Do u own a gun?
So I can stop chatting with u here before u shoot me through the nairaland cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by OkirikaDealer: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by SeriousPartner(f): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2019
Noted! Hhmmm
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by AngelicBeing: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
sassysure:

Do u own a gun?
So I can stop chatting with u here before u shoot me through the nairaland cheesy
l will not shoot you but I have nuclear weapons for my personal protection wink

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Scatterscatter(m): 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Please when exactly will USA be listed as one of the countries with serious "terrorism" issues undecided

5 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by TSRC: 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Where are those unpatriotic Nigerian frogs that keep hating on amnesty international because of partisan politics ?

Yeye people.

6 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l will not shoot you but I have nuclear weapons for my personal protection wink

Hahahaaaaaaa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by sonnie10: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
sassysure:

Do u own a gun?
The purpose of that part of American constitution was to prevent the British soldiers from quartering in their houses or making a comeback after the Declaration of Independence. Moreover those were not as sophisticated as there are now. After independence, farmers were only using theirs for hunting but it then snowballed to a culture.
Obsolete laws need be amended but interest groups are too powerful to let go.

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by pat077: 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Even if there is a war in the US, a lot of people are still ready to swap their country for the States.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by lexy2014: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
daddytime:
A very good warning.

Nigerian Government needs to issue a travel warning to the US as well.

No just d Nigerian govt, but every other govt. If Hugo Chavez was alive, he wouldn't have hesitated to issue a travel warning

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Isoduwa(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
drips8:
Canada is the better nation in North America

What about Mexico

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by naijadrivablog: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
BlackfireX:
In chiwetaluagu 's voice...
Fulani don enter amerika Fulani don enter amerika

grin grin Kwunye, kwupu, anyuo kwokom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by AngelicBeing: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
sassysure:

Hahahaaaaaaa cheesy
These is one of my North Korean trained bodyguard and she has been protecting me with her gun since 1020 BC wink

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Legendguy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
America has turned to shithole, trumpet why na
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Funkybabee(f): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
nice one sheybi they warn people not to come here the same!! let them feel it. turnning away themselve from holy ghost, they thought they cann saved themselves with gun. let them continue with their wayward lives. yeye
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Kingspin(m): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
daddytime:
A very good warning.

Nigerian Government needs to issue a travel warning to the US as well.
The one Amnesty issue to Nigeria they say na witchhunt
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by abbey621(m): 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
Travel advisory or not, my people would gladly port to the USA when given the opportunity. Yeye Amenesty International, they did not issue advisory under Obama but gladly did it under Trump, forgetting that issue of gun violence in the U.S is a collective problem. Neither the Dems or the GOP can solve the problem without fundamentally altering the American Constitution. When you now add mental illness, kids on 4 to 5 prescirption drugs per day and overall decay in family values, well what you get is CHAOS!
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Beautyaddy: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
sonnie10:

The purpose of that part of American constitution was to prevent the British soldiers from quartering in their houses or making a comeback after the Declaration of Independence. Moreover those were not as sophisticated as there are now. After independence, farmers were only using theirs for hunting but it then snowballed to a culture.
Obsolete laws need be amended but interest groups are too powerful to let go.

Correct. However, those 'Interest Groups" days are gradually getting to be outnumbered by most Americans who feel the usefulness of the main reason of the second amendment have out-used its purpose and have been seriously abused.

Now because the US is a Democratic Republic...even if the Democratic party(even though some Democrats believe in guns rights but with heavy restrictions to ownership) takes control of the House, Senate and White House they will still need the votes of some Republicans to make any drastic changes to the US Constitution.

So the only way for any very strict gun laws can be passed is through a Bipartisan Bill that will favor both parties to vote on.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by AngelicBeing: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Correct. However, those 'Interest Groups" days are gradually getting to be outnumbered by most Americans who feel the usefulness of the main reason of the second amendment have out-used its purpose and have been seriously abused.

Now because the US is a Democratic Republic...even if the Democratic party(even though some Democrats believe in guns rights but with heavy restrictions to ownership) takes control of the House, Senate and White House they will still need the votes of some Republicans to make any drastic changes to the US Constitution.

So the only way for any very strict gun laws can be passed is through a Bipartisan Bill that will favor both parties to vote on.

I think you have a point

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by imam07: 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Daviddson:
Very good! Thumbs up to AI. This has always been a lifelong dream for me. grin
US issue travel warnings to African countries - even right inside the country - without respect. I'm expecting African countries to begin issuing this kind of warnings too to the US, so they know they're not above it.
yeye does that change anything. Can the warning discourage u from going their if u are giving free visa. Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by JaceBlaze: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
Like gun violence is a new trend in America.Why weren't these travel warnings issued before?
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
helinues:
Yeyelity

Give Nigerians us open visa and watch If 90% wont vamooch upon the warning
90% i say 105%
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by mu2sa2: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
Kingosytex:
Even US is increasingly becoming unsafe. Shootings everywhere, what is really happening?

Hahaha, what's happening is happening! Seriously, USA has always been a violent country. What do you expect, with guns everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
drips8:
Canada is the better nation in North America

Dude where did you learn Geography!!!!!
Re: Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S. by Beautyaddy: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
mu2sa2:
Hahaha, what's happening is happening! Seriously, USA has always been a violent country. What do you expect, with guns everywhere.

Very weak Statement.

Is it the "guns" that are making people become violent...or is it that some people themselves are violent and are using the guns to cause harm to other people.

No Country except that country is ruled by dictators will be gun free.

Now the access to guns might be limited or very unaffordable to buy but wicked and dangerous people will still get guns illegally and still use it to kill innocent people.

By the way, are guns illegal or banned in Nigeria? Because most people who have been killed in Nigeria are killed either by guns by arm robber or assassinates and Cars/ Trucks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana Expelled 541 Nigerians & They Were Abandoned At The Nigerian Embassy / Check Out Kano City In The '60s / Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.