Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (7353 Views)

Poll: Who should be the Politics Section Poster of the Year - 2010?

Katsumoto: 42% (16 votes)
Kobojunkie: 13% (5 votes)
Dapobear: 44% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nominate Your Most Ignored Posters Of The Year 2010 / Odunnu & Mrbrownjay Are Romance Section Posters Of The Year - 2010 / Efemena_XY Emerges Jokes Section Best Poster Of The Year 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ladies and gentlemen,
We thank everybody that has added value in one way or the other to this section in the outgoing year. We recognize the input of everybody.
Meanwhile, as started last year and promised to be made annual https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368639.0.html, the 2010 NL SECTIONAL AWARDS is here again
This section's was not officially recognized last year due to some misunderstandings, but we promise to make it more organized this time around.
We have also reviewed the procedure a bit. The first stage, which is starting by this thread, is NOMINATION stage. It will last 2 weeks. At the end of the two weeks, the three most nominated will be up for POLL, which will also be up for two weeks, the winner of which is going to emerge the OFFICIAL NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR 2010.

CRITERIA:
-Quality of contribution - both comments and threads
-Sensibility of activities on the forum - perennial trouble makers will not be accepted, but stout defence of opinion or hot debate is no trouble making
-Sticking to forum rules - any person that has been banned or notorious for makng deletable posts will not be considered
-Level of activities on the forum - Though not a prime factor, more regular posters stand higher chance.

RULES:

-Only one nomination per member.
-Where a member nominates more than person - and we plead you don't do - only the first will be taken.
-Nominees that fail the criteria up there will not be counted
-Though not compulsory, try to put a short, maybe 2-3 line reason for your nomination

NOMINATION ENDS 15th DECEMBER, 2010

Oya, over to you!!!!

Where we have more more than two nomnations, only the first two were(will be) counted. The 'one poster, one nominee' rule has been reviewed to 'one poster, maximum of two nominees' as is being done in other sections

15 DEC 2010: ROUND 2 - VOTING HAS STARTED
BRIEF CITATION OF THE FINALISTS

[b]1, KATSUMOTO:[/b]Highly respected on the politics section for his analytical prowess and debating skills. He joined NL last year and, within a short time, has risen to fame in the circle of Nairaland Political pundits. He is very visible in serious topics, marshaling facts to buttress his arguments. His choice of words in his comments is another strong point for him. Katsumoto's main turf are arguments that border on Igbo, Biafra and related issues. He is a respected voice in those areas.

"The value of the currency is not linked to the productive capacity of a country. It is no secret that most exporting countries want a lower value for their exports so as to increase their exports. The chinese have been manipulating the Yuan so as to sell more products which is a disadvantage to other competiting countries such as the US and the EU. The value of the Naira dropped in the 80s as necessary conditions from the IMF for the loans from the Shagari and IBB (SAP) governments. Japan is an export driven country, yet the Yen has a lower value than the Swiss Francs. Also, before the advent of the Euro, the Sterling had more value than the Mark yet Germany exports more than Britain."

-Katsumoto, analysing the political economy of currency devaluation

2, DAPOBEAR: Dapo's case in this section can be aptly summarized in what Yorubas call 'Akehinde gbegbon' - teh man that comes late and takes the seniority role. Although he has been on NL since 2006, he became active around October 2010, just two months ago. And within just two months, his contribution was so noticed that he got nomination for this award ahead of old equally respected old-timer analysts. Such is Dapobear's quality. He is no doubt in a class of his own. The manner he deploys facts and history to back his arguments tells a lot about Dapo's intelligence.

"Structure is very important. The decentralized, competitive, free-market nature of the American education system imo is part of what makes it so successful. Schools serve the needs of the populace here. They aren't just appendages of the government that will exist regardless of the quality of job they are doing.

Excellence here is also rewarded. The best schools in America KNOW they are the best and charge more money as a result. Harvard costs more money than University of Maryland. In Nigeria, there is less of a differential in prices between the best schools in Nigeria and the worst ones. This suggests inefficiency in allocating resources, I think.

I'm not saying the American education system is perfect, but I think it does a better job of utilizing resources than the Nigerian one"

-3, KOBOJUNKIE; Before the officialization of this award, far back 2007, almost all unofficial threads on most popular/best analyst etc in this section throws up Kobojunkie's name as among top contenders. A google check will confirm this. That shows how respected she is among the NL political analysts and watchers. Although some prominent members will stoutly disagree with this, that she made the Top 4 again this year shows that Koboj is a force to reckon with in this section, take it or leave it. But will she clinch the award, the maiden official edition? You decide. Kobojunkie has shown that political debates is not the forte of men only, with the manner she competes with guys here in discussing issues. She also deploys history, facts and logic in her arguments, never mond her always ROTFLMAO.

"Inferiority complex is an unfortunate Nigerian disease. Blessed with abundant human and physical resources, the best we can do is import goods from all sorts crazy places (most dodgy). We lack the self confidence to buy and promote goods made in Nigeria, when that isn't happening, we are pulling down capable Nigerians, our neighbours and "friends"; all because we are jealous of them or for ethnically bigoted reasons.

We worship whites, Indians and sing in Jamaican patois; while sitting on our own kind. Rather than export Icheoku etc, we create fake copies of "better" cultures and traditions that result in disconnected TV programmes like the "Nigerian Idol."
The man on the street who can't feed his kids, talkless of travelling to the UK, knows all about Manchester United and absolutely zero about Warri Wolves.

Nigeria is the only country on Earth that is like this. When will we ever wake up? "

- Kobojunkie, berating our national attitude, aftermath of wikileaks expose.Dapobear, lamenting the decadence in our academic system

Guys, over to you

29/12/2010 - DAPOBEAR IS 2010 POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR
At the end the keenly contested award for the Best Poster in Politics Section, DAPOBEAR has emerged the winner for 2010. He edged out pre-result favourite, Katsumoto by one vote. Kobojunkie emerged the 2nd runners-up.

By this award, Dapo becomes an ambassador of Nairaland Politics Section. We expect him to continue with his good comportment and witty analysis.
He is also free to use 'NL Politics Section Section Poster of The Year - 2010' as his signature if he so wishes. I'm also talking with higher authorities on conferring him(and winners in other sections) special privileges with respect to special forum facilities.

Ladies and gentlemen, join me in congratulating DAPOBEAR, the best poster in the best section in the largest forum in the largest black nation in the world!!!!

Till next year when someone succeeds him(or he retains it), I say thank you all for your cooperation throughout the year. You were all wonderful.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Ibime(m): 12:31am On Dec 01, 2010
Katsumoto
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by aljharem11(m): 2:26am On Dec 01, 2010
jason12345
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by revomind(m): 9:06am On Dec 01, 2010
Katsumoto.

Clear arguments. No one exploits loopholes in arguments better on this forum.

Abagworo {though banned recently} and PhysicsQED have earned my respect too.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by mbulela: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2010
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by blacksta(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
Gbawe - Correct analysis and insight

2nd Preference - DapoBear

3rd Preference - Mikensy

1,000, 000 Preference - Becomerich1,2,3,4,5 and the latest name Turbulence - when person no be plane
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by mbulela: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
mbulela:

there are a few i like but i will obey the rules and choose two of them;

Gbawe
Oyb.

sound arguments.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by SHEAU(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
gbawe
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by olaolabiy: 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
Katsumoto. Bar none. Sheer brilliance.
Rarely off-topic. But, not perfect (he's human, after all)
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by igbobuigbo: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
Onlytruth
Beaf (abi na Beef)?
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by isalegan2: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
Cap28.  Unrelenting.  Focused.  Detailed.  Even if you don't share his opinion, you can't argue the quality of his posts. 

(On second thought, he probably hates this sort of thing.  Oh well.)

Honorable Mentions go to lots of posters, some already mentioned, but I don't want to offend anyone if I forget their names. You know you are quality.  smiley
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by jason12345: 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2010
dapobear

so smart!!!

katsumoto. clear arguments

abagworo truthful in his arguments
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by SEFAGO(m): 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2010
Nominations

1st preference Sefago-pure unadulterated brilliance
2nd preference Sefago: Displays unrelenting initiative
3rd Preference Sefago: No need to say a word
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by excanny: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2010
Musiwa aka becomrich
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Mobinga: 12:37am On Dec 02, 2010
Bluetooth
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by excanny: 12:45am On Dec 02, 2010
Ibime:

Katsumoto
Does he know any other thing apart from the Biafran War?
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Mobinga: 12:52am On Dec 02, 2010
Becomerich
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by tkb417(m): 8:40am On Dec 02, 2010
1) Katsumoto - my oga
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by ITbomb(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
Wales
His topics are hot, relevant, and with good links. his contributions are focus
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by seanet02: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2010
Katsumoto
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by IbroYaya: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
Beaf
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by rasputinn(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2010
Beaf
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by puskin: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hey. . . .Mr. Moderator, where did my post go??

Una don start again abi. . . . angry angry angry
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by isalegan2: 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
Jarus:

CRITERIA:
-Quality of contribution - both comments and threads
-Sensibility of activities on the forum - perennial trouble makers will not be accepted, but stout defence of opinion or hot debate is no trouble making
-Sticking to forum rules - any person that has been banned or notorious for makng deletable posts will not be considered-Level of activities on the forum - Though not a prime factor, more regular posters stand higher chance.

Just wondering about the bolded criterion.  I've seen a few posts on the forum from people claiming to have been erroneously banned by SpamBot(?).
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Dotman01(m): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2010
Beaf,
Dapobear,
Becomerich,
Bluetooth.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by cold(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2010
I still can't fathom why i'm not on that list.This smacks of malice angry grin
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by bilms(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2010
i choose experts.

he his always reasonable and consistence in his arguement
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2010
isale_gan2:

Just wondering about the bolded criterion. I've seen a few posts on the forum from people claiming to have been erroneously banned by SpamBot(?).
Victims of erroneous ban, of course, are exempted.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2010
My nomination: WALES - silently adding value to this section through news threads; brings important issues from news sites for discussion here on daily basis.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by houvest: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2010
1/Andre Uweh- very Knowlegeable and consistent.
2/ Beaf- Very dogged and vast.
3/ Gbawe- Analytical and detribalized
.4/ Mikeansy- Intelligent.
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by rasputinn(m): 11:58am On Dec 03, 2010
puskin:

Hey. . . .Mr. Moderator, where did my post go??

Una don start again abi. . . . angry angry angry

No mind Maurice Iwu joor,I objected to Becomerich's nomination by Mobinga,kia kia,the mod delete am,he forgets that this is election proper and campaign is involved,even in the US and UK,during electioneering time,opposition parties and even neutral bodies do raise objections to nominations and candidacies,that's the beauty of democracy.

Even for wedding sef that is supposed to be mushy mushy romantic,love and happiness event,pastor dey still announce that "is there anyone who has any reason why these two should not be joiuned in holy matrimony",so mr mod abeg allow true democracy to take place here
Re: DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 by rasputinn(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders vote for Beaf,a vote for beaf will guanranty everyone on the political forum more than just sumptuous meat  cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Logos With Hidden Satanic Messages / What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? / Ogugua88 Added As Romance Mod.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.