Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! (698 Views)

Businessman Loses $11m Cash In Broad Daylight Robbery In Ogun (pic) / Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Nigerian Pizza Delivery Man Killed In Daylight Robbery In The U.S (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by sirOrubebe: 11:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
Fellow Nairalanders, I am creating this thread in the crime section because what I am about to complain about is no different from a crime.

I know many will trivialize it and probably nothing will be done about it.

But I want to know why our country is like this?

How can we allow a foreign company to come in here and rip us off without regulatory bodies doing anything about it despite all the complains?

It's weighing my heart down!

Here's my grouse...

I don't try touching MTN at all when it comes to browsing data because their data burns faster than harmattan fire (every man and his dog knows this).

I normally use Airtel because I consume data a lot and I want to see value for my money. Airtel is not perfect, but at least when I do the 5K plan it can last me for up to 3 weeks despite heavy usage.

I now moved temporarily to a village because of work. On getting here I discovered there is no Airtel network -- just Glo and MTN.

The Glo is not steady at all and very slow.

I grudgingly dug out my MTN sim and started to use it. Can you imagine that these clowns have not given me a moment's rest since I started to subscribe?

I noticed this and decided to go light on what I do with my data. There are sometimes I will even put off my phone when I have no business with it just to conserve data.

Things came to a crux this week...

Just about 3 days ago, I subscribed with 2K for the 3.5GB plan. Yesterday, my phone was off for majority of the day. Since buying this plan, I have done my best to minimize usage. No watching of YouTube videos, social media videos etc. Because I scolded myself for like also being the cause of my frequent subscription.

But despite my self-embargo and all, this time around, these clowns are sending me a message this night that my data is remaining only 718MB.

What sort of injustice is this?

Can you imagine the absolute callousness?

Men, I am pained. And since no one in power is listening. Since I can't hit MTN in any other way, I am making it clear in public that from now till the end of this year I am not going to pay a kobo for data on MTN but I will browse to my heart's content with their network.

Since they want to do dark arts, let's do it together. Rubbish.

My rant is over -- now I am a bit appeased!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by citadels(f): 3:09am On Aug 10, 2019
Take heart dear. My own is voice call charge. Do you know mtn charge me N12 per sms. Who would 8 complain to.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by haryomikun(m): 3:22am On Aug 10, 2019
citadels:
Take heart dear. My own is voice call charge. Do you know mtn charge me N12 per sms. Who would 8 complain to.

Migrating to pulse should help your sms and call rates. 11k per second and 4 naira per sms

@OP Na so we see am o bro. After glo stopped 1k for 3.5 gb i migrated to Mtn... After 2 months i had to migrate back.

Spent 21k within those 2 months. My glo data that I'm using to type is 1700 for 4.5 gb. And I've been using it for almost 2 weeks despite moderate usage

Mtn is horrible. They deserve all the fines slapped on them.

5 Likes

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by uboma(m): 5:42am On Aug 10, 2019
MTN are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by Jokerman(m): 6:52am On Aug 10, 2019
MTN are theives

2 Likes

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by Fisiryorh(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2019
stopped using MTN months ago....my GLO Sim has been giving me joy lately...

3 Likes

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by sirOrubebe: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2019
citadels:
You should migrate to MTN pulse if you want to continue using their services. 12/SMS is ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by sirOrubebe: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2019
haryomikun:

Migrating to pulse should help your sms and call rates. 11k per second and 4 naira per sms

@OP Na so we see am o bro. After glo stopped 1k for 3.5 gb i migrated to Mtn... After 2 months i had to migrate back.

Spent 21k within those 2 months. My glo data that I'm using to type is 1700 for 4.5 gb. And I've been using it for almost 2 weeks despite moderate usage

Mtn is horrible. They deserve all the fines slapped on them.
The fines slapped on them is not doing anything, bro.

They will just go behind to bribe a senator and that is it. Our country's authorities are our biggest bane 100%.

I just wish Glo had a good enough network here. But no wahala, it's now cheat time since they don't value my patronage.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by sirOrubebe: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2019
uboma:
MTN are thieves.

Heavy criminals

Jokerman:
MTN are theives

1 Like

Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by citadels(f): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2019
sirOrubebe:
You should migrate to MTN pulse if you want to continue using their services. 12/SMS is ridiculous!
ok.
Re: Mtn's Daylight Robbery Is Going Up A Notch! by JideSM: 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
sirOrubebe:
Fellow Nairalanders, I am creating this thread in the crime section because what I am about to complain about is no different from a crime.

I know many will trivialize it and probably nothing will be done about it.

But I want to know why our country is like this?

How can we allow a foreign company to come in here and rip us off without regulatory bodies doing anything about it despite all the complains?

It's weighing my heart down!

Here's my grouse...

I don't try touching MTN at all when it comes to browsing data because their data burns faster than harmattan fire (every man and his dog knows this).

I normally use Airtel because I consume data a lot and I want to see value for my money. Airtel is not perfect, but at least when I do the 5K plan it can last me for up to 3 weeks despite heavy usage.

I now moved temporarily to a village because of work. On getting here I discovered there is no Airtel network -- just Glo and MTN.

The Glo is not steady at all and very slow.

I grudgingly dug out my MTN sim and started to use it. Can you imagine that these clowns have not given me a moment's rest since I started to subscribe?

I noticed this and decided to go light on what I do with my data. There are sometimes I will even put off my phone when I have no business with it just to conserve data.

Things came to a crux this week...

Just about 3 days ago, I subscribed with 2K for the 3.5GB plan. Yesterday, my phone was off for majority of the day. Since buying this plan, I have done my best to minimize usage. No watching of YouTube videos, social media videos etc. Because I scolded myself for like also being the cause of my frequent subscription.

But despite my self-embargo and all, this time around, these clowns are sending me a message this night that my data is remaining only 718MB.

What sort of injustice is this?

Can you imagine the absolute callousness?

Men, I am pained. And since no one in power is listening. Since I can't hit MTN in any other way, I am making it clear in public that from now till the end of this year I am not going to pay a kobo for data on MTN but I will browse to my heart's content with their network.

Since they want to do dark arts, let's do it together. Rubbish.

My rant is over -- now I am a bit appeased!

Hello sirOrubebe, I feel your pain and I apologize for the data usage challenge experienced on your line. Be rest assured that your line will be checked to ascertain data billings and usage within the period the bundle was activated. However, I will also like to inform you that data usage is based on internet activities carried out on your line/device. I would be glad to have your phone number through e-mail message so that it will be checked. Also, note that I have a thread where MTN customer's issues are attended to with utmost attention. Feel free to always visit the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread for future complaints you may experience on your line.

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Strikes Boy To Death In Ekiti For Stealing Eggs / Lady Captures Moment A Man Was Arrested By Police Because Of How He's Dressed / Anger Policeman Arrested For Brutalizing His Daughter In Uyo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.