Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,012 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp (1041 Views)

Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers / Any Information On 2016 Batch B Stream 2 Passing Out Date? / 2017 NYSC Batch B Stream 1 Call Up Letters Are Out. Indicate Your State Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 6:51am On Aug 12, 2019
Good morning all, I am anonymous, left Kaduna orientation camp some weeks ago. I will be sharing some few experiences and advice from camp.

Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Sorry for the break...the server was filled, could not post.

CLEARANCE

The clearance normally starts from the gate, make sure you don't have knives and sharp objects. And if you have drugs, you may choose to wrap them with your bedsheets to avoid getting them seized. For a camp like KD, where all their drugs don't seem to be so effective, your own drugs will save you a lot of stress.
The drugs you should carry should be mainly, pain relieve drugs (PCM, ibrufen etc), stomach ache drugs (Flagyl and TCN), for a camp like KD, their food disturbed a lot of southerners, then carry cough and catarrh drugs if you know your state of deployment is cold. This is for those coming to the north especially; kano, Kaduna, katsina, sokoto. The rain falls but if the sun shines na better sun.

[img][/img]

Make sure to carry at least extra photocopies of the documents you were asked to photocopy, and also carry at least 12 passports.

The clearance continues from the main halls, you will be given a form to proceed to collect your mattress and allocated to your room after which you can go on for medical clearance and others then the biometrics capturing.
After which you open a bank account depending on the camp and the banks that are there. Then you proceed to your platoon stand to get cleared and given your NYSC kits and you're good to go.

Remember that same day there will be parade by 4pm, so if I were you, I would not change into my whites instead stroll to Mami market, hide your ID tag and eat something, interact and know about the state. Slimfit your khaki because it must be bigger than you.
If you dey hurry to go parade then you're free to put on your white and act as the otondo that you are.

This is an addition for the politicians that want to hold posts in their platoons, make sure to socialize well before you guys are officially sworn in as corp members. Try to know the corp members with influence in your platoon, don't ask me how, you will know them when you see them. This will help you to get a post and please be eloquent, speak less but speak matured and enlightened.

There are hostel governors and governess for those who lost out in platoon elections, don't give up.

Remember this posts and positions bring you closer to the management of the camp and your PPA dey make sense as you dey know the authority more.

Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2019
KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM SAED

Make sure to join a saed group and learn something new. SAED means Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development. So make sure you learn a skill, there are mostly few digital skill sets available as seen in my camp. But you can learn something else, something new. An make sure you understand that skill set to a particular level, it aids you later even when you leave camp.
For me I joined tailoring and fashion design because I had little experience coming from home and mainly because the ICT guys tat came were teaching excel and power point which I already knew. They were reserving web development for later, that one you must pay money.

So I broadened my knowledge properly on cutting and design of senator suits, trousers and pyjamas.
The classes are mostly theoretical for the first two days and then the whole thing gets serious.

For scholarship and training opportunities, try as much as possible to follow the boring lectures. Save the numbers and sites they will be sharing during the boring lectures, it will come a long way.
I don't know if I can share a message I received. Don't know how authentic but I will getting the eligibility forms today(this was 2/07/19)

Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS

Some bodies will come during the boring lectures period, please try to grab as Mich as you can and some of them will offer training in HSE and PM, so do well to know which is authentic and is financially suited to your pocket. But the best demands the best.

You can also join other small groups in camp like SDG, U-Report and ENGINE, that is if you have in your camps. Even servicom is in every camp, you can be their observer and correspondent.

REDEPLOYMENT PROCESS

The redeployment forms normally come out during the second week, where you will asked to collect from the camp director office or maybe in the main halls but he is mostly the one in charge of relocation as he called it in my camp.
The forms should be filled accordingly and also, the relocation is based on two reasons ; Marriage for the females only and then health conditions for both sex. No third parties reasons are entertained. So if you're using a medical report make sure you don't not bring a fully fit medical certificate because you're only conflicting yourself. Because your file will be looked into during the period of relocation. You may be asked to face a panel of doctors to screen an authenticate your claim of health challenge, so make sure to cram the names of the drugs an know more about the disease or health challenge you're claiming. Also the medical report must be from a government hospital. No private hospital reports are entertained. Also make sure to have an handy doctor number, should in case they decide to call.

CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS

The challenges are charging of phones and this should be done in Mami market, make sure you give it to trusted individuals that can safe guard your phones. But for me, I no charge for Mami any day. My room had a socket and so we utilized it judiciously. Note my room was special, just eight of us in the room. I entered camp the first day an this helps.

Washing and monitoring your whites, do this with knowledge that if not properly tagged and positioned where you can see and monitor, them go move am.
I did all my laundry with the Mami people. It cost me sha but better safe than sorry.

Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by Karleb(m): 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
OP!!!!! angry angry angry angry

@REDInks... I've got two questions:

1. What can you really say about going to camp early, as in before 20th.

2. Do they have ball house in camp? Now this one is funny and I know but I believe Man Utd are back to winning ways and I wouldn't want to miss a match for anything.
Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
Karleb:
OP!!!!! angry angry angry angry

@REDInks... I've got two questions:

1. What can you really say about going to camp early, as in before 20th.

2. Do they have ball house in camp? Now this one is funny and I know but I believe Man Utd are back to winning ways and I wouldn't want to miss a match for anything.

1) If you arrive early, you're more to avoid the rush and settle down properly before the crowd arrives. Better still on or before 20th.

2) There may be no room to watch matches, as activities baptise the entire day, so livescore na your friend.

1 Like

Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by Karleb(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
REDInks:

1) If you arrive early, you're more to avoid the rush and settle down properly before the crowd arrives. Better still on or before 20th.

2) There may be no room to watch matches, as activities baptise the entire day, so livescore na your friend.

Thanks.

What else can you say about deployment and the states chosen during registration? As in, is there any assurance that I will be deployed to any of the states I chose?
Re: Batch B Stream 2 PCM As You Go To Camp by REDInks(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
Karleb:

Thanks.

What else can you say about deployment and the states chosen during registration? As in, is there any assurance that I will be deployed to any of the states I chose?

Surely you are most likely to be sent to the states you selected.
For example, you hail from Delta, schooled in Oyo. So the south and west are out of it. You're most likely going to the North or middlebelt or the east if God is on your side...

Let me give instances...
I come from Delta, schooled in Edo
My states can be; Kaduna, Nassarawa, Akwa-Ibom and Ogun/Anambra.

Bros you are most likely to end up in Kaduna or Nassarawa than any of the other two.

That's why I always advice PCM to select states that they would travel to without hitch or fear. If you select sokoto, Adamawa, Kebbi, telling yourself that it's just for selection, don't be surprised if you fall within the category of schooling in the south and being from the east or south, you'll go there...

Whether two days journey you go first spend 21 days there before you relocate or redeploy.
God bless...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When President Buhari Is In Charge Of Your NYSC Call Up Letter / No RECORD Found ISSUE / Youth Corps Member Undertakes Life Touching Services In His Community Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.