Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? (2464 Views)

Phone Manufacturers: Please Give Us The Power Button Back / How To Track Your Phone Without Paying Police / How To Switch On Phone Without Power Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
My phone's power button got spoilt (disconnected from the panel, even the volume buttons aren't functioning).

Please is there a way I can switch on this phone without the power button? any software?

Please help!
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by AbbahAli: 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
Buy new phone b*tch

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
Casemiro:
My phone's power button got spoilt (disconnected from the panel, even the volume buttons aren't functioning).

Please is there a way I can switch on this phone without the power button? any software?

Please help!

I can fix it for you.What is your phone model?I guess it is tecno.
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
comshots:
I can fix it for you.What is your phone model?I guess it is tecno.

How can I fix it please, I mean how can I power it before fixing the power button
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Tee99(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
connect it to a laptop or use otg cable to connect it to a tablet.
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tee99:
connect it to a laptop or use otg cable to connect it to a tablet.
I have connected it to a laptop but it is switched off
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
Casemiro:

How can I fix it please, I mean how can I power it before fixing the power button
What model of phone are you using?I can fit it for you for a fee.I am a mobile phone engineer.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
comshots:
What model of phone are you using?I can fit it for you for a fee.I am a mobile phone engineer.

Thanks for your help. I actually plan fixing it after the public holiday but want to access the phone for some important tasks.
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Casemiro:

Thanks for your help. I actually plan fixing it after the public holiday but want to access the phone for some important tasks.
Are you a mobile phone engineer?
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by lekjons(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
is the phone's battery removable?
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
lekjons:
is the phone's battery removable?
yes...
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
comshots:
Are you a mobile phone engineer?
partially, I am highly knowledgeable about phone repair but not into it fully
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
I can't remember if I have alarm set. if yes, that would be great!

But the the the time setting won't be correct since I removed the battery for too long.
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by lekjons(m): 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
Casemiro:
yes...
ok, here is something you can do...

step 1* open the back cover and be ready to remove the battery,

step 2* then connect your charger to the phone,

step 3(most important)* immediately it shows the charging icon, remove then charger and the battery at the same time, then quickly slide back in only the battery.

step 3 must be performed in less than a second(might take a few tries though)..

you can also try step 3 before the charging icon shows up after plugging the charger, you must be extremely fast with removing and installing the battery..

If done correctly, the phone will switch on..

it works on any smartphone with removable battery(i've done it a lot of times)
Re: Help! How Do I Switch On My Phone Without The Power Button? by Casemiro(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2019
lekjons:
ok, here is something you can do...

step 1* open the back cover and be ready to remove the battery,

step 2* then connect your charger to the phone,

step 3(most important)* immediately it shows the charging icon, remove then charger and the battery at the same time, then quickly slide back in only the battery.

step 3 must be performed in less than a second(might take a few tries though)..

you can also try step 3 before the charging icon shows up after plugging the charger, you must be extremely fast with removing and installing the battery..

If done correctly, the phone will switch on..

it works on any smartphone with removable battery(i've done it a lot of times)

wow!

Thanks very much, I will give it a try.

I am also considering find my phone feature by Google

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Who Can Help Me Track My Samsung S8 / Defective Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Unit “cracks” As User Flips The Phone / Top Most Expensive Mobile Phones You Probably Won’t Imagine Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.