Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Weekend Round Up Of Epl And Everything In Between. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Weekend Round Up Of Epl And Everything In Between. (311 Views)

EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020 / VAR Ruled Out First Goal In History Of EPL As Man City Hammered West Ham 5-0 / Lacazette Double Moves Arsenal To The Top Half Of EPL Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weekend Round Up Of Epl And Everything In Between. by Adakintroy2: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
winkOk. Good day football lovers and happy holidays. Hope this is not coming too late on the backend of weekends game. I had wanted to do this earlier but was caught with work. My apologies.

OK so. The weekend got on to a flier on Friday with Liverpool delivering as expected . 4-1 was the kind of scores we were expecting. No one bait a lid in anyway form. City followed up as if to say anything you can do we can do better with a 5-0 hammering of West ham at the London stadium, a good hunting ground it seem for city in the last couple of yrs. Again it was the kind of scoreline we were all expecting. Aguero, silver gundogan were all missing from the starting line up. But that did not manifest on anyway or form. A testimony to city strength in debt. It was a strong steady yet emphatic statement for city to the rest. Pricing this thing from our hand will take some doing.

Totheham on their part survive some early scare. After going a goal down as early as the ninth Minute. New boys Aston Villa indeed were triying to prove they were not just here to make up the numbers.

With only "one" of the "fantastic four present" (Harry kane).. Ali, and sun(injured) and Erikson starting from the bench. All eyes were on kane to come up with the goods. And boy!.. did he prove he was captain fanstastic..netting a brace. Although they left it late ., Totheham once again prove why they are not just " also rans". And also why they have been top four finishers consistently for the past couple of yrs. Missing key players in the end did nothing to the task at hand. Also it was a great start for record signing tunguy ndombele. Scoring on his debute. Never a bad way to introduce yourself to the home fans.

Bunley were ruthless at turf moor against the saint. Reminiscence of their form of two season back. Brighton did what can easily be described as a coup over watford. No one saw that coming. Not even the pundits. The other games however were not exactly what one could describe as crackers. With Everton and palace playing out a barren draw. While new boys shelfield united held bournamout to a 1-1 draw.

This set the stage for sunday show down. The epl own version of El classico. Man v. Chelsea. Before that, wovehamton had held Leicester to a scoreles draw,And epl top spenders this season so far Arsenal only managing to nick one pass Newcastle at saint james.
aubaneyang starting from were he left off last season with the only goal of the game. It was a make shift back line for the gooners. With deadline signing David Luiz only good enough for the bench, according to emery. Arsenal record signing pepe, made its debute. But the the man of the march performance can easily be shared between guendouzi and xhaka. Their steadiness in the midfield gave the defence very little to do. Metin Niles also also had a good runout with an assist to do his confidence some much needed good.

The star game of the weekend did not disappoint. Though same cannot be said for the scoreline. At least from a Chelsea perspective. What many expected to be be a romance ( classic 1-1, ..2-1 in favor of anyside) easily became a horror shoot for Chelsea. Although many argued the scoreline was not a fare reflection of the game and if my input is needed I will say I agree.

Both teams attack with intent and energy. Any other day it could have been a score draw or even a win for Chelsea. But united took their chances and we're very clinical when they needed to be. The third goal from rashford was all you need to see to make your conclusion. The ball over the top from pobgba was a delight and maybe why united paid 100m for him..The take down itself from rashford was why they increase his weekly pay and the finish was a glimpse into the future. Why his contract needs to run till 2023. It was a show off for me.

Matial had to impress as the new caretaker striker and he did.You can maybe start to see why they had to let Lukaku go..his hold up play is for me more steady. He is more confortable with the ball on his feet and than his predecessor. In a modern game that is very quick and fast paced. A team is only a strong as his weakest link. Synergy is vital. Every member of the team has to be at same level with one another with ball on their feet. I thought it was well leveled. Wan bisaka was a revelation as well. He already looked like money well spent too.

But it wasn't all about united even though they stole the headlines. Chelsea was positive in their attacking play and so for the whole of the ninthy minute. even four goals later, they never stop running and never drop there heads. For young team with new coach, it was the kind of attitude one can simply stand and applaud in honest fashion. If rudiger perhaps had martial the center and kante had started perhaps..

Life after hazard was never going to be easy. Chelsea just got a reminder. But one can maybe see what lampard was trying to get them to shoot at. Hunt as a pack!..Team coordination and balance. We also saw a glimpse of christian pulisic and he was impressive for me. Would love to see more of him in this set up. His kind maybe better suite for fast energetic football coming from dortmund.

My respect for the two teams for delivering on their promise and making the weekend worthwhile. Even the neutrals applauded.

overall it was a great opening week to the epl. Tuesday starts a new busy week after the holidays. We work we hussle but our eyes stay wide awake for the next installment.

God bless you all.
Re: Weekend Round Up Of Epl And Everything In Between. by ayourbamie: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
very nice Write-up, please work on your spellings or try to use auto-correct.
Re: Weekend Round Up Of Epl And Everything In Between. by Adakintroy2: 12:22am On Aug 13, 2019
ayourbamie:
very nice Write-up, please work on your spellings or try to use auto-correct.

OK thanks. Noted.

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Said Andy Ruiz Is Not Skillful / Arsenal Out To Close Gap On Liverpool, Lampard Seeks First Win / Chelsea Past And Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.