Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? (1240 Views)

How Long Can This Last If It Were To Be In Nigeria? / Make Your Swallow Nutritious With Tom Brown Mix / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2019
Swallow comes in different forms depending on your location and preferences. Eba, Akpu, Amala, Semo, Tuwo, Starch are all examples of swallow.

For me, my favourite is akpu. The maximum I can stay without swallowing akpu is 2 days (that's 48 hours). I can take akpu as breakfast, lunch and dinner as far as the soup is good and there are many animals (meat or fish) in it.

I even prefer to swallow akpu on festive days when most people opt for rice.

Recently, the size of 50 Naira akpu has been decreasing and it is giving me sleepless nights! grin

If I no eat akpu a day, all my body go dey shake like Mama Akpomedaye grinding machine.

Folks, how many days can you go without taking swallow?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 12:22am On Aug 13, 2019
Akpu, we die here!

1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Mariangeles(f): 12:24am On Aug 13, 2019
Forever ! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 12:36am On Aug 13, 2019
Mariangeles:
Forever ! smiley
I believe you.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by actoor(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2019
Max....
24hours except I no dey this Obodo Naija...
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2019
actoor:
Max....
24hours except I no dey this Obodo Naija...
You dey vex o! This means taking swallow is a daily activity
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by jovialswag(m): 1:39am On Aug 13, 2019
My starch and Banga probably 3 days
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by uboma(m): 2:24am On Aug 13, 2019
Which one be swallow again?

I visit the restaurant and the waitress says, there is Rice, Beans, Porridge Yam and swallow.

I ask, is there any food one will eat that won't be swallowed eventually?

The slang 'swallow' has come to stay for so many Nigerians.

Back to the topic, Starch with Banga soup is my number one especially when I travel home. Away from home, Amala with Ewedu and some stew, pounded Yam with vegetable, semovita with egusi goes for me. I can have any of these once in two days at least. Not a daily affair for me.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by actoor(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Rapmoney:
You dey vex o! This means taking swallow is a daily activity

Yes Bro,
I don't joke with Swallow foods infact, I regard it as if it's medicinal.
LoL.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2019
uboma:
Which one be swallow again?

I visit the restaurant and the waitress says, there is Rice, Beans, Porridge Yam and swallow.

I ask, is there any food one will eat that won't be swallowed eventually?

The slang 'swallow' has come to stay for so many Nigerians.

Back to the topic, Starch with Banga soup is my number one especially when I travel home. Away from home, Amala with Ewedu and some stew, pounded Yam with vegetable, semovita with egusi goes for me. I can have any of these once in two days at least. Not a daily affair for me.
As you mention starch, I know say you be from my side. Urhobo wadoo! Oniovo mee, mavo?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
As much as 6 months, only take it because of the sweet soup smiley
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by chii8(f): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
One week and I'll no longer be myself

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Kenoxman(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2019
Once in a day but if I dey too busy to make soup,then once in a week.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kenoxman:
Once in a day but if I dey too busy to make soup,then once in a week.
Once in a week? Kai! You no be fan of swallow na.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by pocohantas(f): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2019
I can't.

I will die in less than 48hrs.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by CaptainMitch: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Your dp is nice, you are a beautiful lady
pocohantas:
I can't.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by CaptainMitch: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2019
A week or two
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by pocohantas(f): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Your dp is nice, you are a beautiful lady

Thanks... kiss

You don't look bad yourself.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by EkeneElectrons(m): 1:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Forever
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
pocohantas:
I can't.

Funny you grin..... Swallow + beta soup na our own Pizza ooo

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Rapmoney(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
pocohantas:
I can't.

You ain't serious! Lol grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Taking Swallow? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
Swallow use to be my favourite, but, I decide to cut down on them because of weight.

From July to todsy being 20/8/19. , I have eaten sallow once.

(1) (Reply)

Cat Stew / Your Kitchen Utentil Brands (Add Pics Plz). / Pizzarama Jamaican Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.