Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? (1136 Views)

Don't Eat Your Seed, Invest It. Join Our Agro Investment Network. / How Effective Is Growth Enhancer/promoter To Broilers / Raising Broilers; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2019
Hi guys...I traveled down to Lagos from Ibadan yesterday for something urgent. Before leaving I gave my Broilers enough food to ast them till this afternoon, beecause I believd I would be back in Ibadan by this morning. The issue now is that I can't go back till tomorrow evening. I just want to know what would happen to Broilers if they don't have feed to eat for about two days.

By the way, they are 10 weeks old, and just 15 of them.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by emman44(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2019
Do they have access to water?
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by dirtycoin(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2019
Can you get a trusted friend or relative to check on them and feed them while you are away?

Being Broilers, they need to eat regularly.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2019
emman44:
Do they have access to water?

I filled two drinkers with water, but they drink water a lot. They would have finished it by this afternoon, or evening.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2019
dirtycoin:
Can you get a trusted friend or relative to check on them and feed them while you are away?

Being Broilers, they need to eat regularly.

I don't have anyone to help. I live alone in the outskirts of the city and don't have any friends or relatives around.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by dirtycoin(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2019
kayo80:

I don't have anyone to help. I live alone in the outskirts of the city and don't have any friends or relatives around.

Oh dear!

I wish the Broilers well.

3 Likes

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by emman44(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2019
kayo80:

I filled two drinkers with water, but they drink water a lot. They would have finished it by this afternoon, or evening.
They will survive, i advise you give them vitamin once you get home and provide light for them till the next day since you would be arriving tommorrow evening.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2019
emman44:
They will survive, i advise you give them vitamin once you get home and provide light for them till the next day since you would be arriving tommorrow evening.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by healthserve(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2019
Let us know what happens when you return

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
healthserve:
Let us know what happens when you return

Okay. I will
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by Stanleyobey: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
Find a way of putting extra feed and water inside if u normally give them two trays of food you have to provide 4 trays dis time for them
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by OpenYourEyes1: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2019
kayo80:
Hi guys...I traveled down to Lagos from Ibadan yesterday for something urgent. Before leaving I gave my Broilers enough food to ast them till this afternoon, beecause I believd I would be back in Ibadan by this morning. The issue now is that I can't go back till tomorrow evening. I just want to know what would happen to Broilers if they don't have feed to eat for about two days.

They will feed on their droppings. You should be more worried about their water (clean water).
Tried giving them some antibiotics and vitamins once you're back.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

They will feed on their droppings. You should be more worried about their water (clean water).
Tried giving them some antibiotics and vitamins once you're back.

Okay. Thanksa lot for this.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by nwabuwa: 3:49am On Aug 15, 2019
sad truth is that if the weather is soo hot , they will die because unavailability of water...
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by MikeBetty(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2019
kayo80:

They Would Go Back To Egg, Wait For You, When You Come Back They Will Rehatch. Clap For Yourself You Want To Leave Broiler For 2 Whole Days Without Food And Water. It Sounds Absord And Unbeliveable That You Will Contemplate On It. My Dear Do Not Try It. If The Loose 0.5Kg Weight, It Will Take You More Than 2wks Intensive Feeding To Recover The Lost Weight. Look For A Way Out.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
UPDATE!

smiley

Hey guys. I just got home. I didn't know what to expect after dropping my bag and rushing to the backyard.

cheesy

The broilers are stronger than I thought sha. They didn't even look weak at all. They were just jumping around when they saw me, and they drank the water like their lives depended on it after i filled up their drinkers. I guess cos I fed them very well the days leading to my trip, they were able to live off the nutrients they gained from those days.

1 Like

Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by chigomiced: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
kayo80:

With Nigeria's over 200million population

You no see 1 person call to help you�

You go face the music oga
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by chigomiced: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
kayo80:
UPDATE!

smiley

Hey guys. I just got home. I didn't know what to expect after dropping my bag and rushing to the backyard.

cheesy

The broilers are stronger than I thought sha. They didn't even look weak at all. They were just jumping around when they saw me, and they drank the water like their lives depended on it after i filled up their drinkers. I guess cos I fed them very well the days leading to my trip, they were able to live off the nutrients they gained from those days.

For ur mind Abi

The should be under weight by now
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by dirtycoin(m): 12:34am On Aug 17, 2019
kayo80:
UPDATE!

smiley

cheesy

Good update!

Kindly make proper arrangements next time before embarking on a journey.
Re: What Would Happen To Broilers If They Don't Eat For 2 Days? by kayo80(m): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2019
dirtycoin:

Good update!

Kindly make proper arrangements next time before embarking on a journey.

Yes I will.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Farmgate Price Of Fresh Maize / Reasons Why You Should Eat Cucumber / Science And Technology In The Development Of Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.