Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group (993 Views)

Fantasy And Science Fiction Magazine That Pay Writers / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
I have just created a WhatsApp group specifically for Fantasy and Science Fiction writers where writers in the aforementioned genres can:
1. Find critique partners and beta readers.
2. Network with individuals of like minds.
3. Get and share ideas on how to develop their craft.
4. Easily find partners for collaborations.
5. Get creative writing prompts to work on.
6. Submit their short stories for publication in anthologies.

Eligibility
You must have written, be in the process of writing or be interested in writing a literary work in the Fantasy and/or Science Fiction genre.

Send "Add me to Fantasy Writers' group" to +2348110616881 on WhatsApp to join.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Did you know?

Twelve publishing houses rejected J. K. Rowling's original Harry Potter manuscripts, but eventually small publisher Bloomsbury gave her a chance with a small advance. Little did anyone know it would become the bestselling book series in history. Her seventh and final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows broke sales records as the fastest-selling book ever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2019

Courage does not always roar. Valor does not always shine. - Tomi Adeyemi, author of Children of Blood and Bone (book #1 in the Legacy of Orisha series).

1 Like

Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
VanTee20:
I have just created a WhatsApp group specifically for Fantasy and Science Fiction writers where writers in the aforementioned genres can:
1. Find critique partners and beta readers.
2. Network with individuals of like minds.
3. Get and share ideas on how to develop their craft.
4. Easily find partners for collaborations.
5. Get creative writing prompts to work on.
6. Submit their short stories for publication in anthologies.

Eligibility
You must have written, be in the process of writing or be interested in writing a literary work in the Fantasy and/or Science Fiction genre.

Send "Add me to Fantasy Writers' group" to +2348110616881 on WhatsApp to join.

1 Like

Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 6:54am On Sep 23, 2019
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by purples25(f): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by LarrySun(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2019
I'm not into Fantasy writing, but I'm planning to delve into it sometimes in the future. However, I have an incomplete work that leans on time travel, but I don't think it falls under the Sci-fi category.

Do I qualify?
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by Divepen1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
LarrySun:
I'm not into Fantasy writing, but I'm planning to delve into it sometimes in the future. However, I have an incomplete work that leans on time travel, but I don't think it falls under the Sci-fi category.

Do I qualify?
I believe it's still scifi
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
LarrySun:

Do I qualify?

It will be great to have you around sir. Kindly pm me your WhatsApp number or send a message to the number I posted up there.
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
Divepen1:
It actually depends on the story, it might not be. How are you doing sir?
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by LarrySun(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Divepen1:
It does not have any scientific explanation.
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by LarrySun(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
VanTee20:

It will be great to have you around sir. Kindly pm me your WhatsApp number or send a message to the number I posted up there.
Okay. I will.
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2020
Group is still open...
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
We're taking in more members. Send a PpM to join.
Re: Fantasy And Science Fiction Writers' Support Group by VanTee20(m): 11:37am On Jan 11, 2023
New members are welcome. Send a pm to join..

(1) (Reply)

HER BODY GUARD Episode 1 A Must Read / *Tamar* A Must Read Story / In Serious Need Of The Following Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.