Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,989 members, 7,848,983 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? (1229 Views)

Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by lecturer50(m): 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
I am asking the question because i have come to realize that my happiness mostly comes from traveling.

I mean long distance journeys like from abuja to lagos,maiduguri to aba,kano to lagos etc

Traveling tends to give me 80% of my overall happiness

If i am anticipating a journey in (let's say) a week's time,all through the week before the actual day of the journey,i will be full of joy, happineess and love.

A day to the journey,i will be barely able to sleep at night due to joy.

While on the journey,i would be so happy.

I will be looking at the forests, trees, villages, towns, cities, rocks, mountains, rivers, valleys and plains etc.

I always prefer window seat in order to see things on the road

I will buy every local delicacy in every town on the road.

I discover that other passengers may not be as happy as i am.

Others may not even look outside the window but i will continually be looking outside the window in order to see things.

I would not sleep through out the journey due to joy.

Please has anyone experience this kind of joy while on a long distance journey?

Please what could be the reason for such joy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Alphaman007: 8:23am On Aug 16, 2019
lecturer50:
I am asking the question because i have come to realize that my happiness mostly comes from traveling.

I mean long distance journeys like from abuja to lagos,maiduguri to aba,kano to lagos etc

If i am anticipating a journey in (let's say) a week's time,all through the week before the actual day of the journey,i will be full of joy, happineess and love.

I will be looking at the forests, trees, villages, towns, cities, rocks, mountains, rivers, valleys and plains etc.

I always prefer window seat in other to see things on the road

Others may not even look outside the window but i will continually be looking outside the window in other to see things.

I guess it's your personality. You're someone that loves travelling, like me
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by davidtuzy(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2019
We actually share the same problem... Am jst like u in all aspect of travelling. D nite b4 d day, i find it difficult to sleep... I hardly sleep during d journey.all i do is to listen to songs via my headphone while my eyes are roaming round the road... With my heart filled with happiness.... I mostly prefer d front seat or any seat closer to d window....
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by davidtuzy(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2019
We actually share the same problem OP... Am jst like u in all aspect of travelling. D nite b4 d day, i find it difficult to sleep... I hardly sleep during d journey.all i do is to listen to songs via my headphone while my eyes are roaming round the road... With my heart filled with happiness.... I mostly prefer d front seat or any seat closer to d window....
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by lecturer50(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2019
davidtuzy:
We actually share the same problem OP... Am jst like u in all aspect of travelling. D nite b4 d day, i find it difficult to sleep... I hardly sleep during d journey.all i do is to listen to songs via my headphone while my eyes are roaming round the road... With my heart filled with happiness.... I mostly prefer d front seat or any seat closer to d window....
Ok.

I browse it online that people who stay close to tall trees and natural settings in remote areas are always happier than those who stay close to buildings in cities.

Particularly if the person is staying temporarily and would soon move on.

May that also account for my joy in traveling since we must pass through forests with tall trees and also natural settings like rocks, rivers, mountains, valleys

In traveling,we tend to stay briefly in each point of the journey.Hence our joy.

It could also be the joy of seeing other cities,people,towns,villages and cultures.

Also leaving your daily routine and hustles and familiar faces in the city for some time and embarking on journey tend to give us joy due to the freedom that comes with leaving familiar things at least briefly.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by striker07(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
Same here too,I love exploring new places, especially far places so different from my natural environment
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Kidme: 12:43am On Aug 17, 2019
lecturer50:

Others may not even look outside the window but i will continually be looking outside the window in order to see things.

I thought this applied to me alone but thank God am not alone, if I don't travel within 6 months I tend to be down and always frowning, but once I buy flight ticket the happiness comes automatically
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by lecturer50(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2019
Kidme:

I thought this applied to me alone but thank God am not alone, if I don't travel within 6 months I tend to be down and always frowning, but once I buy flight ticket the happiness comes automatically
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Asquare84(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2019
It because travellings is your hobby, likewise to me each time I travel I will never fall asleep until I reach my destination. Always looking out the window to explore town, villages, building, rivers and I will always catch a glimpse of every sign board on the road . Because of this experience once I traveled pass a place, I will always remember the route on my own even if it is after ten years
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
lecturer50:

maybe you're an introvert like me, coz introverted ones loves traveling
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by suelamar: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2019
Traveler always try to find something new, he doesn`t care about his comfort, he actually believes in journey becomes a life experience. I do travel because to find culture of different countries. I love to connect with new people. That is about me. Just got back from Zakynthos. You can easily see the whole island in a week and a hired car is the way to do it. The island's bus service routes all run out from and back to the bus station in Zante town. Town is a great base to stay with plenty to see and do but not all of the island is covered by the bus service. Another point to consider is that most of the bus routes cease running in the late afternoon. I did pre-book for my Zakynthos Airport Transfer arrival. The man was charming, was waiting for me when I exited the secure area and the ride to Zakynthos Hotel was quick. This was a silly bucket list item for me...have person with sign waiting for me leaving flight. LOL. Now, I had just arrived in Greece and hadn't fully learned the Greek Alphabet yet so did want any hassles with the 'subway'.
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Pavore9: 5:37am On Sep 27, 2019
As a kid the thought of us travelling to the village in the East from Lagos for Christmas brought so much happiness to me. The family is split into two groups, my mum and two children travel by bus while the rest and my dad go by our car. We the kids always fought in the car on who would be the first to sight the signboards that welcomes travellers to a new State, we memorized landmarks and the ultimate was sighting and being on the River Niger bridge! cheesy cheesy

As an adult travelling across countries, I still experience the thrill of travelling, going to new places, meeting people, eating different dishes, experiencing new lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Newway2(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Pavore9:
As a kid the thought of us travelling to the village in the East from Lagos for Christmas brought so much happiness to me. The family is split into two groups, my mum and two children travel by bus while the rest and my dad go by our car. We the kids always fought in the car on who would be the first to sight the signboards that welcomes travellers to a new State, we memorized landmarks and the ultimate was sighting and being on the River Niger bridge! cheesy cheesy

As an adult travelling across countries, I still experience the thrill of travelling, going to new places, meeting people, eating different dishes, experiencing new lifestyles.

As an adult, I still feel excited traveling to New places & always looking forward to my next travel
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Newway2(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2019
lecturer50:

We are in the same shoe. I am always happy traveling. I always prefer the window seat
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by Pavore9: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2019
Newway2:

As an adult, I still feel excited traveling to New places & always looking forward to my next travel

I tell you change of scenery is good for the mind!
Re: Why Am I Always Very Happy When Traveling? by lecturer50(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
Newway2:

We are in the same shoe. I am always happy traveling. I always prefer the window seat
I browsed it online that travelers are happier human beings than those who don't travel.

They said so much on the benefits of traveling.

They even said that traveling is a spiritual exercise.

I read that looking at nature (trees,valleys,rivers,etc)while on a journey, is a spiritual exercise.

It is practiced by some people as a spiritual exercise.

Looking at nature while traveling also increases our overall happiness.

So it is good to sit at a window seat and be observing nature and cities,towns and villages as the journey progresses.

(1) (Reply)

See 140 Coronavirus Evacuees Arrive Home Under Military Guard / The Face Of A New Africa In Tinapa,calabar. / About Life In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.