Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) (60455 Views)

Frodd's Pregnant Wife Screams Upon Seeing Her Husband On BBNaija Screen (Video) / BBNaija: Meet The 2019 Big Brother Naija Housemates / Meet The #BBNaija 2019 Contestant Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by ManTiger(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Meet Nigerian Teens Set To Take Nollywood By Storm With Just Smartphones

A group of teenagers from Kaduna are on the verge of making a major break into the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood), and they plan to do this with just their smartphones.

Following the massive social media attention which their short films garnered, the teens who call themselves ‘The Critic‘ might indeed find their way and take their place in scheme of things within Nollywood.

Using just a basic green screen, the student filmmakers have been playing around with the sci-fi movie genre and are beginning to get the attention of the world.

With basic tools and just smartphones, these students come up with rather surprising short films that have left a wow effect on many viewers.

These crew of 8, is said to have short their first film titled ‘Redemption’ from visual effects skills which they learned through YouTube Tutorials.

According to one of the young filmmakers, Godwin Josiah, their aim was not just to go viral, but to show that kids within the north are doing something different.

Despite the various challenges they face, The Critics have continued to excel in special effects, making very commendable clips with a smashed mobile phone, a tripod made from a broken microphone stand and other equipment made from improvisation and thinking out of the box.

As often is the reward of creativity and hard-work, films by The Critics caught the eye of a well-known producer – who encouraged a fundraising campaign making them almost $6,000 which is enough to buy them new equipment which will see to the production of more qualitative films.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/08/15/meet-nigerian-teens-set-to-take-nollywood-by-storm-with-just-smartphones/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAcYgZ8QaY

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by ManTiger(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Movie
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by KevMitnick: 6:02am On Aug 16, 2019
Very impressive.... wink

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by HoneyBee23(f): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2019
Nolly wood

ok,

You mean Kally wood

angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by OBIGS(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
This is highly impressive.. imagine this boys had the right equipments. If this boys are assisted with the right equipments and funding the sky would be there limit.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by enoch273: 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
That is if boko haram do not storm the scene with live grenades and rocket launchers, the actor go dey believe say na ball, he no go realise say na real deal.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by grimandevil: 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
Lovly
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by tstx(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hausas are very good at improvisations

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Lawson081(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
good for them ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
Well done guys

I am looking for a business partner in Ibadan with whom I can combine effort and capital to setup any lucrative business. Notify me if interested.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
angry

They were featured on Al Jazeera

Some American directors/producers already made contact with them.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by englishmart(m): 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
those guys are really smart walahi

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by ednut1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Let them find way outta nigeria
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by OyiboPep: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
These guys are stars. I hope they continue to be.

Nairaland and their slow ways of doing things.

This news has almost become stale now. This is when it's entering the front page. Mtcheew.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by toluxe0075: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
These guys are going places. J.J Abraham is already interested in the guys.

2 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Osyxcel(m): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Saw the tweet by Aljazeera and one of their works.

They are talented and should be given scholarship to learn cinematography.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by stevedeey(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
Impressive. I'm impressed

2 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Legitn(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
enoch273:
That is if boko haram do not storm the scene with live grenades and rocket launchers, the actor go dey believe say na ball, he no go realise say na real deal.

Bro you are really funny I can't stop laughing to this your comment. LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by oluxy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
That's pretty cool
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Lexusgs430: 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
Imagine them originally based them in the diaspora........

Nigeria, a star killer..........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Deejaygold(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Mummymahdi(f): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
tstx:
Hausas are very good at improvisations

they weren't Hausa's, they are northerners

10 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Neddstark: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
Very impressive. The passion is there.

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by cozy7(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
I hope these students can make us proud.

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by OyiboPep: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
enoch273:
Get a life!

6 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Presh555(m): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
That's nice
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by Tejiri41: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
The almighty God will surely bless their sincere hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by MyGeneration(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
they tried

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by toyinid78: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
I wish your in lag I have been looking for same thing here but am in lag
windofjustice:
Well done guys

I am looking for a business partner in Ibadan with whom I can combine effort and capital to setup any lucrative business. Notify me if interested.
Re: Meet ‘The Critic‘, Kaduna Students And Their Scifi Movie On Green Screen (video) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
ManTiger:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/08/15/meet-nigerian-teens-set-to-take-nollywood-by-storm-with-just-smartphones/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAcYgZ8QaY

Innovation and intelligence even with limited resources these kids are doing the impossible. Will the government ever look to assist these kids? Imagine what can be achieved if Nigeria has steady electricity and reliable internet access.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Erica: Kiddwaya Has Nothing To Offer, He Only Wants My Body / BBNaija: Tega Cries, Apologises To Her Husband & To Nigerians (Video) / Oga Sabinus Wins AMVCA 2022 Best Online Social Content Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.