Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Virus Attacked My System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Virus Attacked My System (746 Views)

How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From USB Drives & PC / How To Remove Virus Infection By Command Prompt In Windows 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virus Attacked My System by grudges: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2019
I wanted to activate my windows 10, in the process I unistall anti virus & windows defender, that is how the virus found it way in to the system and thereby converting all my videos, documents, audios to .mosok format and they can't be play or view and even if I deleted the (.mosok) and leave (.mp3)or (.mp4) it doesn't play. Pls how can I remove this virus. Thanks in anticipation of your responds.
Re: Virus Attacked My System by Greatzeus(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2019
grudges:
I wanted to activate my windows 10, in the process I unistall anti virus & windows defender, that is how the virus found it way in to the system and thereby converting all my videos, documents, audios to .mosok format and they can't be play or view and even if I deleted the (.mosok) and leave (.mp3)or (.mp4) it doesn't play. Pls how can I remove this virus. Thanks in anticipation of your responds.
What's the correlation between activating windows and uninstalling your Antivirus? Next time if you want to do something and you are not sure how to,just ask. It will save you many mistakes.
You don't need to uninstall your Antivirus to do anything on your PC. Infact it is common sense that anything you want to install that asks you to remove your Antivirus is a virus.
You only need to turn off or disable your Antivirus to activate windows.
Get the latest antivirus or malware, install and see if it will work. You will also need a license to activate the antivirus if it's not free version.
Download Avast home edition to save yourself the headache of looking for license keys. Install and scan your system. I don't know if you will get your files back but I know it will remove the virus.
Re: Virus Attacked My System by grudges: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Greatzeus:

What's the correlation between activating windows and uninstalling your Antivirus? Next time if you want to do something and you are not sure how to,just ask. It will save you many mistakes.
You don't need to uninstall your Antivirus to do anything on your PC. Infact it is common sense that anything you want to install that asks you to remove your Antivirus is a virus.
You only need to turn off or disable your Antivirus to activate windows.
Get the latest antivirus or malware, install and see if it will work. You will also need a license to activate the antivirus if it's not free version.
Download Avast home edition to save yourself the headache of looking for license keys. Install and scan your system. I don't know if you will get your files back but I know it will remove the virus.
Thanks for your responds, as you said, that is how I did it, I only disable the anti virus, is a slip of tongue from my side. And I will give it a try.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Ink Catridges (905) Needed / Used HP Elitebook 8440w Available For Sale / Strong Free VPN App For Torrenting On PC Needed Pls.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.