Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

I Had To Walk Naked To Prove To People Iwas A Girl – Caster Semenya - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Had To Walk Naked To Prove To People Iwas A Girl – Caster Semenya (742 Views)

Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations / Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team / Caster Semenya Can Compete Again After Swiss Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Had To Walk Naked To Prove To People Iwas A Girl – Caster Semenya by Adex0907(m): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2019
Caster Semenya, the South African Olympic champion banned from competing in world female track and field championships as long as she continues to refuse hormone treatments to reduce her testosterone levels, has revealed that at some point in her career she usually walked into the changing room naked just to prove that she was a girl.Semenya made the disclosure at the StandardBank Top Women Conference held at Emperors Palace in Kempton Park on the EastRand. According to her, walking around naked became neccesary because her teammates struggled to compete with her. Also revealing how her humble beginning toughened her up, the athlete said she grew up around boys and had to walk seven miles every single day - the reason she is fast.“I was always in the bush [training]. Bullies for me never existed because how I responded to them, was way rough. I was one of those young [ladies]that had no fear. I had goals. I knew that everything I touched would turn to gold,” she said.“My dad thought I was going to be with Banyana Banyana but I disappointed him because I had to sell my soccer boots for spikes instead. He was quite surprised. Running is my destiny. WhenI’m on track, I forget about everything,” she added.

-______________________________________________________-
https://www.instagram.com/p/B08uLsblgk3/?igshid=14r5gaox4ggdm

I uploaded my video for a competition on Instagram... Please view, like and drop a comment. Thanks for your time

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Football Transfers Of The Decade / Ronaldo Becomes Football’s First Billionaire / Ejaria Rejects England For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.