Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,965 members, 7,852,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:46 PM

Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page (66151 Views)

FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) / “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by CeterisXVIII: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
This guy is trending today in Nigeria not because he’s a criminal but because Nigerians find joy in seeing the downfall of their country men. ~
How is he not a criminal? After all the evidence showing his fraudulent actions and internet scams....
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Chukwurah003: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2019
temmypotter:

My brother God bless you! You hit the nail on the head! What has he done that politicians have not done, worse even!

The question is not if Invictus has done right or wrong, the question is why Nigerians are condemning him with such glee! He's a criminal quite alright and should serve time in jail or whatever, but same Nigerians dragging him on Twitter for siphoning 12 million dollars are meek when Our Politicians swallow up our entire budget.

Double standards!

Atiku asslicker spotted
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by CeterisXVIII: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Are you saying we should support a criminal? shocked
Ask am, o! He is part of the senseless supporters fan club who applaud criminals like that Obiwanne....

1 Like

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by lenghtinny(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2019
Maldini212:
Dude rightly merits the DUMBEST Man of the year award,,,,, how the bleep did he pull that top shit off,, still beats my imagination,,,,, even a rookie can't make such mistakes of using one email for every stuffs he did,,,,,,if he is an afonja boy I for na jazz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, do the crime do the time,,
Get rich or die trying,, that's the anthem

No matter how smart a criminal, there will always be a loophole that can easily give him away....

His biggest mistake is letting his original email get linked to the one he was using for fraud.... That's how they traced him NL.

What baffles me is there is no way he can pull off a fraud of that magnitude without using virtual private network (vpn) yet Google was able to provide his exact locations.

This vpn thingy might be a mirage afterall.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by CeterisXVIII: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
IamSoProlific:
Real n!ggas stay scarce.

A true friend sticks around no matter how it goes down, in actual sense no Nigeria is 100% clean, none!!!

If you must do the most, you must be into some shady deal, knowingly or unknowingly, directly or by affiliate.

None holier, at least he achieved greater feats with his
, rather than buying unnecessary and unwarranted luxuries and claiming bureau the change, hereby intimidating folks unnecessarily.

Dude is super intelligent in all ramifications, I've watched him talk on seminars and biz meetings.

Even one time presidential aspirant Hillary Clinton did some fraudulent stuffs. Nigerians with their bitterness only know how to attack with their freebasic data from airtel, whereas some of them are worst than the culprit.

Na overconfidence kill the guy. N!gga for go clean entirely since the height has been attained, or even avoid America like a plague, he no like America pass Atiku,mompha,hushpuppy,Bnaira and the rest of same feather.

Rule2:- Never get too comfortable n confident about where you get it cracky, especially when you go higher.....different levels, different devils.

American wey chop winch pass anything for fraud matter, they can trail on investigations for life even if the investigator dies, another person go continue till they see to the end of the matter even if na till end of time.

I Feel for the dude sha cus na FBI matter, if to say na Naija Feds, then he'd be popping already with higher glory n more famous/valuable he h too.

Bottom line:- SAY NO TO FRAUD
After stylishly supporting the fraudster, you now ended by saying "Say No To Fraud," because you wanted to cover up your underground support for Obiwanne. Hehehe.... cheesy We know your type.

According to your gospel, a friend must support criminality, because his friend is involved in a criminal endeavour....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by GRADEXP2(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
*SPOT ON!*
semyman:
The Invictus Obi's saga is disheartening not because another Nigeria yet again has been busted for fraud, it's disheartening because the rippling effect will be enormous.
A lot of Nigerians are going to pay for yet another scandal by a single Nigerian.

Thing is Obinwanne was not just another average Nigerian, he had a CV and portfolio that was envied on even by the international community.

He was looked upon as one of the bright spots to come out of this dark hellish place called Nigeria.

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus) was one of the supposed few answers to the damning question of can anything good come out of Nigeria?

Featured by Forbes as one of the Forbes 30 under 30.
He's been on BBC, given a Ted Talk, Spoke at London school of Economics Africa Summit.
Has a conglomerate spanning across many African countries dealing on oil, agriculture, infrastructure, solar energy etc.
Had a lot of International awards celebrating his achievements

With this sort of portfolio and at 32yrs, he was seen as this bright spark coming out from a country that has more trends for despicable things than amiable ones.

Only to find out that beneath all this facade was a fraudster. A serial one.

An international corporate yahoo boy with suits and a great CV to match.
Estimated to have stolen $20-$22million from US companies from 2011 till date.

There was always that gaping hole in his story about his start up capital that gave an itch of not adding up.
But then we gave benefit of the doubt as we usually do even to our own collective detriment in a bid not to come across as a hater.

He fooled a lot of people and that for a long time. Make no mistake about it, he's going to pay for his crimes. But he isn't my concern.

You can't help but feel for other innocent Nigerians that are going to pay for the crimes of Obinwanne too.

Obinwanne would be in his prison scrub for a long time serving his time.

While other Nigerian out there will be getting Visa denied even after meeting and surpassing all the requirements.

Other Nigerians would have to work twice as hard to earn a modicum of trust and respect within the international community.

International organizations are going to pull out of deals the moment they become aware a Nigerian is part of the deal.

International airports will be a lot more hostile than they already are the moment they see you with that almost worthless green passport.

More companies will start declining cards coming from this part of the world.

Nobody wins here, not you, not me.

Imagine one of the few people who had earned the trust and admiration of the international community being busted for fraud.
What is your fate being an average John Doe or Jane Doe?

While Obinwanne is going to pay for his crimes inside the walls of a correctional facility.

You are going to pay for his crimes in embassy halls, airports, business meetings, immigration offices etc.

It will be no fault of yours, you would probably have all the requirements but still would be treated as an infidel.

When one of your supposed brightest minds has been busted as a fraud.

What are your chances?

Nobody won here.

We all lost.

~Prince Uzor Onyemaobi
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by CeterisXVIII: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
semyman:
The Invictus Obi's saga is disheartening not because another Nigeria yet again has been busted for fraud, it's disheartening because the rippling effect will be enormous.
A lot of Nigerians are going to pay for yet another scandal by a single Nigerian.

Thing is Obinwanne was not just another average Nigerian, he had a CV and portfolio that was envied on even by the international community.

He was looked upon as one of the bright spots to come out of this dark hellish place called Nigeria.

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus) was one of the supposed few answers to the damning question of can anything good come out of Nigeria?

He's been on BBC, given a Ted Talk, Spoke at London school of Economics Africa Summit.
Has a conglomerate spanning across many African countries dealing on oil, agriculture, infrastructure, solar energy etc.

With this sort of portfolio and at 32yrs, he was seen as this bright spark coming out from a country that has more trends for despicable things than amiable ones.

There was always that gaping hole in his story about his start up capital that gave an itch of not adding up.
But then we gave benefit of the doubt as we usually do even to our own collective detriment in a bid not to come across as a hater.

He fooled a lot of people and that for a long time. Make no mistake about it, he's going to pay for his crimes. But he isn't my concern.

You can't help but feel for other innocent Nigerians that are going to pay for the crimes of Obinwanne too.

While other Nigerian out there will be getting Visa denied even after meeting and surpassing all the requirements.

Other Nigerians would have to work twice as hard to earn a modicum of trust and respect within the international community.

International organizations are going to pull out of deals the moment they become aware a Nigerian is part of the deal.

International airports will be a lot more hostile than they already are the moment they see you with that almost worthless green passport.

Imagine one of the few people who had earned the trust and admiration of the international community being busted for fraud.

While Obinwanne is going to pay for his crimes inside the walls of a correctional facility.

You are going to pay for his crimes in embassy halls, airports, business meetings, immigration offices etc.

It will be no fault of yours, you would probably have all the requirements but still would be treated as an infidel.

What are your chances?

Nobody won here.

We all lost.

~Prince Uzor Onyemaobi
WORD!! I wish I could give you 1,000 likes for this post. You hit the nail on the head. undecided

1 Like

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by 12large1: 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
Is like people are Mad or they cannot read. The moment the company he alleged defrauded involved FBI, was the moment he became an easy target because when the FBI comes for you, it dosen't matter if you use VPN, Nnpc, ubl, they will Find you. Only GOD can save you and why should GOD save you?? It might take long, but they will still find you. These Americans found Osama, Saddam, bengazi guy etc and na small boy they cant find. The next step is for him to find great lawyers and get a plea deal that involves SNITCHING or just face the Music. VPN kor ybnl ni. Una no no FBI

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by sawdi: 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
icebird25:
I would have said something but nairaland is a public forum ..so let's me better keep shut..

How can change my email address on nairaland

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by shogsman(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
temmypotter:

My brother God bless you! You hit the nail on the head! What has he done that politicians have not done, worse even!

The question is not if Invictus has done right or wrong, the question is why Nigerians are condemning him with such glee! He's a criminal quite alright and should serve time in jail or whatever, but same Nigerians dragging him on Twitter for siphoning 12 million dollars are meek when Our Politicians swallow up our entire budget.

Double standards!
I still find it hard to understand why y'all justify criminal Acts.do you know how big $12m is.wait till you have an establishment then you'll understand how devastating this loses can be.

6 Likes

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by abbey621(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
Do you want to know why corruption, scamming and so on can never reduce in Nigeria? It is simple, even if you caught the person in the act, some Nigerians would always give the person a pass...E.g - We are all scammers, he did some good before, whta about our politician. It's a deep sickness that I'm afraid no one can cure.....SMH!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by joetem(m): 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
Truth be told, most Igbo's are like that, the get rich mentally is follow come . there are many o his types in computer village and will make legit hustle look like chiln i

2 Likes

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Freshbaba95(m): 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
This guy is trending today in Nigeria not because he’s a criminal but because Nigerians find joy in seeing the downfall of their country men. ~

You said it all.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Oluwapamilerin0: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
I beg to disagree, so not true . We have celebrated so many Nigerians doing well for themselves. I can't even recall.
This is a shocking news and anywhere else in the universe such will trend.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by DavidEsq(m): 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
icebird25:
I would have said something but nairaland is a public forum ..so let's me better keep shut..

Are u one of the REDACTED emails on that FBI affidavit ni?

3 Likes

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Predstan: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:

Gbam
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by infohenry(m): 12:33am On Aug 18, 2019
temmypotter:

Double standards!
How many politicians have you stoned or you are not good enough to start anything. The young man did something wrong if found guilty let him face the music, the same Nigerians celebrated him when he made Forbes u30 list.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by gnykelly(m): 12:48am On Aug 18, 2019
itsme01:
cool
even wizkid don clear him wall,.. abeg na FBI we dey talk

Is he a criminal
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Ferdinandu(m): 1:11am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
My friend pack well. I don't understand you. Is Nigerians praying for the downfall of Dangote, Otedola, Innoson and co. So we should be celebrating fraudster. In any country where a supposed national prodigy is found out to be a fraud, it must trend for a long time. So We should all be mourning the downfall of a fraudster because we are a country of fraud. You can go and collect his prison sentence for him if you are sympathetic to fraudsters.

6 Likes

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by AreaFada2: 2:09am On Aug 18, 2019
donogaga:
That's life for you.

Success has so many friends.

But the moment you go down, most of your supposed close pals will start deserting you.

At times even doing the right thing that doesn't favour friends will make them desert you.

Like when GEJ conceded to Buhari with a couple of states election results yet to be announced.

Many around him left furiously.

If GEJ had dithered and stayed on to appeal election results, they would have blamed him for herdsmen crises and even for too much rain sef. grin cheesy
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by overboard(m): 3:51am On Aug 18, 2019
semyman:

What are your chances?

Nobody won here.

We all lost.

~Prince Uzor Onyemaobi

I wish there was a sticky post feature here. This should be syndicated elsewhere - unbridled truth.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by MicroBox: 4:42am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
So is a sad news for you that he was caught.
If you fall victim, you will understand how very painful it is to be scammed. $12m... Someone would have to take the blame which can lead to suicide.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Coolabbie: 5:15am On Aug 18, 2019
temmypotter:

I am the product of an olosho and a thief that is why i am crying for my fellow thief
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by millionboi2: 5:16am On Aug 18, 2019
icebird25:

Are u a Yahoo boy
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Came4amod: 5:23am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
The world loves metro not only Nigeria
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by millionboi2: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2019
IamSoProlific:
Real n!ggas stay scarce.

A true friend sticks around no matter how it goes down, in actual sense no Nigeria is 100% clean, none!!!

If you must do the most, you must be into some shady deal, knowingly or unknowingly, directly or by affiliate.

None holier, at least he achieved greater feats with his, rather than buying unnecessary and unwarranted luxuries and claiming bureau the change, hereby intimidating folks unnecessarily.

Dude is super intelligent in all ramifications, I've watched him talk on seminars and biz meetings.

Even one time presidential aspirant Hillary Clinton did some fraudulent stuffs. Nigerians with their bitterness only know how to attack with their freebasic data from airtel, whereas some of them are worst than the culprit.

Na overconfidence kill the guy. N!gga for go clean entirely since the height has been attained, or even avoid America like a plague, he no like America pass Atiku,mompha,hushpuppy,Bnaira and the rest of same feather.

Rule2:- Never get too comfortable n confident about where you get it cracky, especially when you go higher.....different levels, different devils.

American wey chop winch pass anything for fraud matter, they can trail on investigations for life even if the investigator dies, another person go continue till they see to the end of the matter even if na till end of time.

I Feel for the dude sha cus na FBI matter, if to say na Naija Feds, then he'd be popping already with higher glory n more famous/valuable he gets too.

Bottom line:- SAY NO TO FRAUD
ur Rule2 is wrong.

Thy is no confidence/comfort in crime.

Non @all

Say no to Yahoo Yahoo nomatter d pressure.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by millionboi2: 5:36am On Aug 18, 2019
Maldini212:
Dude rightly merits the DUMBEST Man of the year award,,,,, how the bleep did he pull that top shit off,, still beats my imagination,,,,, even a rookie can't make such mistakes of using one email for every stuffs he did,,,,,,if he is an afonja boy I for na jazz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, do the crime do the time,,
Get rich or die trying,, that's the anthem
thy go catch u one day......if u like use wateva email,d only way is to say no to crime.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Fingerlins: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2019
icebird25:

Open a new email and reopen a new account. Never post anything that’s real about you on here or any other social platform. Repeat the process for Facebook and Instagram. With this no one can get you easily anywhere around the world.

1 Like

Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by D1zion: 5:47am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
God bless you for observing this.they'll be there with you when the going is good the moment something happen to you,they'll all run away & leave you to your faith.to face it.those that knows & benefited a lot from you will be the first ones to cast the stone on you.may God help us all not to cast stones on our benefactors no matter the degrees of offence committed. Only true & loyal friends can do that,which they are few & rear to fine.
Re: Chief Obi Still Has Invictus Obi's Photo On His Instagram Page by Agugbadin: 6:16am On Aug 18, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:

I have never heard of him if not for the crime he committed, therefore you are wrong. Fraudsters like Obiwanne Okeke are the ones bringing the image of this country to disrepute

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7-year-old Girl Slaughtered In Jos By A Woman For Ritual Purpose (Graphic Photo) / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Eiye Confraternity Members Arrested By Police In Italy. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.