Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,725 members, 7,813,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? (601 Views)

How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / 3 Grades Of Nigerian Universities, See The Grade A, B And C Institutions (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? by Desafiar(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good Evening Distinguished Comrades.
I sincerely solicits each members contribution to this request.
You will recall that NUC in 2015 issued a circular across universities in the country asking them to adopt a 4 point grading system as against 5 point grading system.
In 2017/2018 academic session, same NUC gave orders to universities to revert back to the 5 point grading system saying that the 4 point was causing more harm than good with effect from 2018/2019 session.
Since then, Benue state university students anticipated the change immediately on their results but nothing has been done about it till now.
The school management has now set a committee to look in the matter saying that NUC didn't ask school to RECALCULATE their results on the 5 points grading but with effect from the new intakes of 2018/2019 session.
The committee set by the school headed by the DVC Academic has also made students part of the committee asking us to find facts that will enable us win our case or will shall continue and graduate with the 4 points grading system.
This issue has created tension in the school as students are only planning to disrupt the school activities with a protest.
Since am fortunate to be a member of this noble group, I will like all comrades to assist me with information from their institutions how it was done so as to write my memorandum and submit to the committee for considerations.
Please answer this questions for me please.
1. Name of University:
2. Did your school adopt the 4 point grading system as ordered by the NUC in 2016?
3. Did they revert back and recalculated the grade points of students according to the 5 points grading system?
Please I need response.
Thanks and may the spirit of Aluta continue to be with us.
ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ACERTA.
01 NESA BSU Makurdi chapter."

1 Like

Re: What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
cc:lalasticlala please assist this young man. He needs contributions from other stakeholders

1 Like

Re: What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? by Yohans(m): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2019
1. University of Jos
2. Yes they did
3. Yes they did
Mind you I'm in 200l
Re: What Is The Grade Point System In Your University? by Umaruxoxo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
Umaru musa yar Adua university Katsina
2 yes they did
3 of course they did again

(1) (Reply)

Join Whatsapp Group With The Latest Job Updates / Degree 1st Year Result 2019 / AAU Resumption Date For Freshers 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.