Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare (3275 Views)

Whatsapp...phone Hacking / Study Shows Iphones Are 167 Times More Prone To Hacking Than Other Brands / Advanced Ways To Prevent Phone Hacking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by winningwinner(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2019
*We can hack into any account, withdraw money from it, even if phone is locked- suspect*

Most Nigerians and mobile phone users all over the globe usually lock their phones , thereby making it difficult for anyone to have access to information in them, particularly their account details.

But a suspected telephone hacker who was arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad,  Ladipo, Lagos,  has revealed that such measure does not prevent him and his likes from gaining  access into any bank account if they laid their hands on such phones.

Surprisingly, the 31-year-old suspect, Dare Oladimeji, is a Senior Secondary School  Certificate holder.

In this interview with Crime Guard, Oladimeji, a footballer,  who just returned from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, having concluded his two years contract with ALAIN FC, said hacking into bank accounts through phones , had nothing to do with being a graduate.

*Arrest*

Some suspected members of his gang as gathered, had earlier been arrested and charged to court.  He was tracked to Idi-Oro area of Lagos, during investigation into the withdrawal of N200,000 from a victim’s account .

Asked if he had any connivance with bank staff, he shook his head, stating rather , that he got the necessary details from Google Chrome.

He boasted that money could be withdrawn from account through stolen sim card, no matter the code used to prevent one from accessing the phone.

Hear him: “I  work on sim cards to get money.  When I lay my hands on any sim card,  I would  slot it  into any small phone that is not  adroid.  When that is done,  I would  press a code which   brings out the list of banks the  owner of the sim uses.

“For example, if the person is using GTB, I will proceed with the normal code of *37*100#. If the person has money , we would use it to buy recharge card to confirm  how much the owner has, through the debit alert that would pop in  to reveal the balance.  Thereafter, we would  transfer the money  into donors accounts, from where we would withdraw the money”.

Asked what happens if phone is locked, he said, “ Locking of  phones with password does not stop me from hacking into any  account, as long as I can lay my hands on the sim card. All I need to do is to remove the sim and slot it into a small phone.

“The only thing that can prevent me from hacking into account through phone is  when the SIM card itself is locked. But most people don’t lock their sim cards, they only lock their phones.

You can only beat my likes to the game if you lock your sim card because  only the owner knows the password”.

He stated that he resorted to doing such illicit deal after he lost the money he brought from Dubai.

According to him, “  When I came back from  Dubai in 2016, I brought N7 million , out of which I gave one Mr Shola N5 million for a  genuine business  with NUPENG. Unfortunately, the man died .

*We pick SIM cards*

“ I decided to venture into this business which is a small version of  yahoo yahoo because I didn’t want to go into robbery.  At Idi-Oro, there are pick pockets . When they snatch phones from victims, they would throw the sim cards away. What I do is to go looking for these sim cards and continue from there.

“Nobody taught me the skill. I learnt it from google chrome.  This is just common sense. But I regret my action because I have brought shame to my children”, said the father of three.

The suspect as gathered, would be charged to court soon.

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/we-can-hack-into-any-account-withdraw-money-from-it-even-if-phone-is-locked-suspect/?amp

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by 1stbest(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good to know,,,
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by laycon77: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
Now i can be more security conscious!
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by MVLOX(m): 3:02am On Aug 18, 2019
This one na eye opener ooo
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by DesChyko: 4:18am On Aug 18, 2019
How does he authorize the transaction? I see no mention of that.

3 Likes

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 18, 2019
he just gave some guys a new busines idea

3 Likes

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2019
shocked
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by faflex: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2019
This story is incomplete. How does he complete a transfer. Everybody has a pin to effect money transfer.

4 Likes

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Kachi188(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2019
It is very easy to steal money through the means he described. most banks that do mobile money transfers don't need pin. esp accessbank
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by emmancipated(m): 9:02am On Aug 18, 2019
And your common sense no fit lure you into any legitimate hustle
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by abeniagbon(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2019
completely true talk from the father of three, that's the small version of yahoo yahoo... now blaming the devil
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Gadafii: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2019
Train him,and rehabilitate him as well ,let him be of national use to the nation

If u can pardon Boko Haram,give them amnesty, reconcile with killer hersmen that decided to kill over 50 people for every cow/HERDSMAN that died,...then oladimeji deserves better

But this is Nigeria,Shi..thole
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by xtivin2: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2019
sim lock is the best personnel security available. Its simple and efficient but many ignore it.

1 Like

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Remijuice: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2019
I always lock my SIM Card ever since started using handset.

There is no way you can withdraw money from a bank like First Bank without the 5 digits code.

2 Likes

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2019
DesChyko:
How does he authorize the transaction? I see no mention of that.
You seriously want to go into that business? Smh
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by ruggedtimi(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2019
na dem no hack buhari Phone grin
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by DrBrainstorm(m): 12:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Fvcking Bullsh*t
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by femijay8271(m): 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Man! this is very....."I don't even know what to say"
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Mrevildoer(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Just like that! angry
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by midolian(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
I no believe this story, biko...

Even if my sim isn't locked, you still need my Pin to complete a transaction. Or is he saying the pin is on Google Chrome?

1 Like

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
midolian:
I no believe this story, boko...

Even if my sim isn't locked, you still need my Pin to complete a transaction. Or is he saying the pin is on Google Chrome?
That true,but u can load a recharge card on some mobile bank.

2 Likes

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Kaybaba5(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
Confirm thief...
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by DesChyko: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
0KNM:
You seriously want to go into that business? Smh

Nah. I'm just allergic to media bullshit.
Any fool can insert a SIM into another phone and get banks associated with a phone line.
Authorizing a transaction however is a different ball game, especially without the 'account number'.
That, the 'investigating expert' failed to remember before reporting.

1 Like

Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by ManTiger(m): 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
Learnt
Re: I Learned Phone Hacking By Common Sense - Dare by Olamyyde(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
How is this hacking abeg?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sony Ericsson Store/office In Abuja / What Phone Do You Use?? Rate Its Performance. / Glo Airtime Transfer aka Glo Easy Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.