Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group (1337 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Bí Ase Ń Fi Àmì Ohùn Sí Orí Ọ̀rọ̀ Yorùbá(how To Type Yorùbá Language With Accent / Is It Rude To Speak Your Language Openly In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by afime: 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2010
understands what you are saying?

On ocassion, I have been in a group of people who only speak English. Two of my Nigerian friends, who speak perfect English speak Igbo to each other whilst standing in the group. No one knows what they are saying. I think it's rude, especially when they start laughing at a private joke. What do you think? undecided undecided
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by Dsense(m): 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2010
I'm with u.it's rude.
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by InkedNerd(f): 4:05am On Oct 23, 2010
Hehehe, its kinda funny. It reminds me when I was with my Ghanaian dude and he speaks to is family on the phone. I know he's not talking about me but kinda makes me giggle, I don't know hwy though. I guess that's the beauty of language.
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by oludashmi(f): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hehehe, its kinda funny. It reminds me when I was with my Ghanaian dude and he speaks to is family on the phone. I know he's not talking about me but kinda makes me giggle, I don't know hwy though. I guess that's the beauty of language.
Thank you!
Speak your lang anywhere and whoever feels left out has the option to learn the lang. No Oyinbo man want to speak in our languages, we are the one who always find faults in our things.
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by naijadiva2(f): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
i think its rude esp when u are with a group of friends and everyone speaks the same language except for like 2 ppl, not cool.
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by MissyB3(f): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
I also think it's rude. Speak a language everyone understands or you both step aside and speak your kparakpo.
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by naijadiva2(f): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
Missy ★ B:

I also think it's rude. Speak a language everyone understands or you both step aside and speak your kparakpo.

rotfl
Re: Is It Rude To Speak Your Language With Your Friend When No One Else In The Group by ChinenyeN(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
I never really understood why people got so offended over this. There is no rudeness in it. Na ya language. Yu speak am. All these oversensitive people talking about rudeness. If I were allowed to go out of my way and assume anything, I would assume that some people are just exhibiting a subtle level of paranoia over this topic.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Old Women Called Witches? / Africa's Largest Land / 10 African Cultural Excuses That Must End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.