Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 (1556 Views)

Sports Quiz Competition / Xmas Sports Quiz / Akolawole's Sports Quiz 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2006
Easy Ones  now,

1) Two Nigerians have earlier won both Highest goal scorer and player of the tournament  in Africa Nations  competition. Who are they? How many goals did they score in the said competitions.

2) Two former great players were African guest in Tunisia '94 final. Who are they?

3) He was a Nations cup Veteran, He was not a Nigerian, He once lifted UEFA Champions league  as a captain years back. Who is he?

4) Nigeria is ever present in Nations cup competitions since Ethiopia '76, except 3 times, 1986, 1996 and 1998. Why are we not there?

5) He will be in Nigeria's contigent to Egypt. He once lifted Afro-Asian cup. Who is he?

6) He has been a very good Nigerian, he is a striker, scores important goals for the Country. He has been to three nations cup, has scored NO SINGLE GOAL. who is he?

Good Luck.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by LoverBwoy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2006
Erm u said its easy.... cry its not easy!! (modified)

1) Yekini Rasheedi and amokachi

2) pele n maradona

3) Abedi pele and/or George Weah

4)1986- did not qualify, 1996- withdrew( erm maybe lack of funding or got there late), 1998-disqualified for not comin in 1996

5) kanu

6)Kanu
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 1:12am On Jan 19, 2006
@LoverB
Is it not easy?
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by bagoma(f): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2006
kola its not too easy but let me give a try.

1) Rashidi yekini (5 goals at Tunisia 94)and Austin 'jay jay' okocha (4 goals at Tunisia 2004)
2) pele and mitchel platini
3) Abedi Ayew Pele of Ghana, he was the captain of Marsielle of France
4) in 1986 we did not qualify, in 1996 we had political differences with south africa the host and the govt of nigeria under abacha ordered a withdrawal from the championship, in 1998 we got sanctioned and was banned for failing to turn up in 1996.
5)garba lawal or austin okocha or kanu nwankwo
6) kanu nwankwo.

Quiz master, get ready for my prize! wink
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Swish(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2006
@Ako' you must be a banker or one of these people who got brains so up into IT or something 4 u to hhave it hard on soccer like this. U give me a vibe...or r u a stock broker

Answers

1. Austin Okocha and Rashidi Yekini 5 or 6 goals

2. Pele and Platini

3. 'Ako' this one hard o. (north african or south african).

4. 1986-didn't qualify, 1996-we boycotted, 1998- sanctioned and suspended.

5. Kanu

6. Kanu
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by teeroy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2006
no. 3 is rabah madjer from algeria......he lifted the trophy with fc porto....even scored in the final.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Swish(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2006
1. Austin Okocha and Rashidi Yekini 5 or 6 goals

2. Pele and Platini

3. Raba Madjer

5. Kanu

6. Kanu

teeroy, tanx. Hope say quiz master no go call am expo.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2006
I want a complete answer because i want to declare the winner tommorow.
Hurry up guys.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Swish(m): 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2006
1. Austin Okocha and Rashidi Yekini 4 goals

2. Pele and Platini

3. Raba Madjer

5. Kanu

6. Kanu
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 2:37am On Jan 26, 2006
Here is the Answers:

1) Rashidi Yekini(1994) and Jay-Jay Okocha(2004) won the double award in single competitions in with 5 and 4 goals respectively.

2) Pele and Platini was our guests in African cup final in 1994.

3) Abedi Ayew Pele, a Ghanian is the first Africa to lift the UEFA champions league in 1993 with French club; Marsielle.
[ Though Rabah Madger was the first to lift "European cup" in 1986/87 with Porto]

4)In 1986, we lost in the final qualifier in Lusaka, Abacha ask us not to go in 1996 and we were banned in 1998.

5) Nigeria won the Afro-Asian cup on 10th November in Lagos by beating Uzbekistan. Captain Austin Eguavon lifted the trophy.

6) Kanu Nwankwo

Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 2:38am On Jan 26, 2006
Who won the quiz?

As usual, nobody gets all.

Unfortunately one of the Arsenal supporter in this forum won, Congratulations Bagoma! ! ! ! ! (After so many trial in my previous Quiz)

Congratulations once again and your gift is on the way.

@ Everyone
Please do participate in my Valentine sports quiz.
Many Thanks.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by bolaoni(m): 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2006
Bros, are you sure Abedi was the Captain on that very night? I thought it was Basile Boli undecided

Please cross check your records abeg.

Abedi became Marseille's captain sometimes later, I think when Keshi was at Strasbourg. Can't remember the year sha.

cool cool cool
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by bagoma(f): 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2006
hey baloni, dont cause problems for me o, i've been declared the winner  wink cheesy joking
and remember the quiz master is always right. cheesy

hey kola i'm sooo surprised that a chelsea die hard fan(YOU) would give anything to a forever-arsenal fan(ME) anything, come to think of it its us arsenal fans that have been winning.... eg pielect and slary?
you see, another reason why we are the best. cheesy,
anyway thanks in anticipation.

more quiz! more quiz!!
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by teeroy(m): 11:22am On Jan 30, 2006
akolawole, u are very wrong...Abedi pele was not the L'OM captain when the won the trophy... u should know the "rules" of this forum.......be precise
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by bolaoni(m): 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2006
teeroy:

akolawole, u are very wrong...Abedi pele was not the L'OM captain when the won the trophy... u should know the "rules" of this forum.be precise

I'm still trying to get my facts but I am definitely sure IT IS NOT ABEDI!

In a team that has Rudi Voeller, Frank Sauzee, Basile Boli, Didier Deschamp et al, I wonder how Abedi became the captain shocked
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2006
@Teeroy
teeroy:

akolawole, u are very wrong...Abedi pele was not the L'OM captain when the won the trophy... u should know the "rules" of this forum.be precise

I am a man of honour,i respect people and i deserve some respect as well, please watch your "words" to me.

I was corrected by BolaOni last thursday, i send a thank-you private message to him ( Ask him please!). I was on this thread trying to correct the mistake when Nairaland broke down. I have no option than to wait till now.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by Akolawole(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2006
bolaoni:

In a team that has Rudi Voeller, Frank Sauzee, Basile Boli, Didier Deschamp et al, I wonder how Abedi became the captain shocked

Ah Ah.
This cup was won in 1993, Abedi is the bedrock of that team and he has been since 1992. In Senegal '92 African cup of nations, A special jet shuttle between France and Senegal for the gifted man from Gold coast. In the final of the same competition, despite been on suspension, he was on the pitch side of the field, which compelled Ivorian officials to lodge a complaint.
Re: Akolawole's Sports Quiz 5 by bolaoni(m): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2006
Akolawole:

Ah Ah.
This cup was won in 1993, Abedi is the bedrock of that team and he has been since 1992. In Senegal '92 African cup of nations, A special jet shuttle between France and Senegal for the gifted man from Gold coast. In the final of the same competition, despite been on suspension, he was on the pitch side of the field, which compelled Ivorian officials to lodge a complaint.

Historian!!! But Abedi wasn't the most important player sha. Thatz all I know.

Abeg when is the next competition coming out jare. Bagoma has won me I wan win the next one. BTW what is the prize at stake jare.

wink wink wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

World's Highest-paid Footballer / Footballers That Cheated On Their Wives. / Footballers Who's Appearance Does Not Suit Football:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.