Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction (14954 Views)

Lady Who Stole A Phone In Winners Chapel Warri Caught On Camera (Video) / Nathaniel Samuel: Failed Suicide Bomber At Winners Chapel Being Interviewed / Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction As Notorious Female Kidnapper Is Nabbed.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by References: 1:19am On Aug 19, 2019
It is now five months that nothing has been heard about Moses Adeleke, a pastor with the Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners’ Chapel) in Maiduguri, Borno state capital, who was kidnapped by Boko Haram insurgents.

Oyeleke was abducted on March 13, 2019 together with his assistant, Abraham Amuta, a national youth corps member, along Chibok road.

The two were said to be members of a committee set up by the church to distribute relief materials to internally displaced persons (IDPs). They were abducted while engaging with the IDPs.

The abduction of these two has attracted no public outcry, neither has it received any media attention. It would appear they have been abandoned to fate.

The two men joined hundreds of other Nigerian citizens with unknown identities held in captivity by the Boko Haram insurgent.

Checks by TheCable revealed that the government is engaged in negotiations with the insurgents using several individuals in the north-east.

But a top government official said “there is no sense of urgency in any of these talks as if precious human lives are not at risk”.

Also, security sources told TheCable that the insurgents “don’t seem to be making the kind of compromises that would normally lead to a breakthrough in a matter of this nature, a development government finds unhelpful”.

POLICE, GOVERNMENT NOT FORTHCOMING

Speaking with TheCable at the weekend, Ruth Oyeleke, the kidnapped pastor’s wife, said nothing has been heard about efforts made to secure the release of her husband.

She told TheCable that the police have not been forthcoming with information regarding any progress made as the senior pastor of her church has been in touch with them.

She said the pastor of her parish, members of the church as well as family members have been helpful and supportive “in these trying times”.

“They are doing their best; they have really been trying their best,” she said.

“Our pastor and church members have been very helpful. They have been the ones around me. We have not heard anything from the police and government and our senior pastor has been the one in touch with them. They are not forthcoming with any information about what they are doing to help my husband.

“The pastor and members of the church that have been with me. They pray with me, encourage me to be hopeful; they are really trying.

“They pay me salary when they pay others which I have been using to take care of myself and our two children.”

Asked if there is an assurance that her husband will be released, she replied: “I believe in God. I trust in him, he was the one who called and sent my husband. And I know he has not abandoned him. I trust in him to bring my husband back; I’m holding on to my faith.”

When TheCable contacted Usman Usmobik, PPRO of the state command, he said he would get back as soon as he gets “clearance”.

David Oyedepo, founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide recently placed curses on the killers of Jeremiah Omolewa, a resident pastor of the church in Romi New Extension, a suburb of Kaduna.

Omolewa was travelling with his wife, Oluwakemi, and son to Abuja when he was shot dead.

While his son escaped, the gunmen took his widow into the forest and contacted the family to demand a ransom of N50 million.

She was later released but there was no confirmation if any ransom was paid.

https://www.thecable.ng/fate-of-two-winners-chapel-pastors-unknown-five-months-after-abduction
Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Getsaved(m): 1:31am On Aug 19, 2019
I pray they are found soon.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by blesskewe(f): 1:35am On Aug 19, 2019
If I say some G. Os doesn't care now twill be like.......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by CodeTemplar: 1:51am On Aug 19, 2019
What!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Kingpee2(m): 1:52am On Aug 19, 2019
The only thing they will render from the church is prayers but not the ransom..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Citytrend: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2019
God have mercy on in this country please
Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by ladyF(f): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2019
I really hope they’re found alive and well.

It’s LadyF again cry cry cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by SultanOfAbia: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2019
Was he not wearing the church bangle he was selling to his church members for protection against evil...
Please don't disturb me...

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by bentwood85(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2019
Which way NIGERIA..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Sunnycliff(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2019
Buhari should be made a life president. His leadership remains the best.

#igboamaka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Enoch07: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2019
the church is still praying calm down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Frequencies: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2019
Citytrend:
God have mercy on in this country please
Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by bentwood85(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2019
A particular tribe now rule the kidnapping industry... And they are well connected to weapons..

Affordable land ideal for estate,schools,church,poultry and petrol station are available for sale.
**lands are available in acres and hectares **
**you are buying direct from the indigenes **
They are located at fct, Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Sanchez01: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2019
And Oyedepo, with all his private jets, 2 universities and a 'city' plus his swift curse could not save his own pastors? Nonsense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by DER01: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2019
g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by IMASTEX: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2019
Logically, those that kidnap for some ramson won't keep their victim for this long no matter what. Their lives are now fully in God's hands. It is very risky to involve the police when you haven't recover the victim in exchange of the ransom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Kendumazy(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2019
I pray for God's intervention for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by SoftP(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2019
Q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by AntiWailer: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2019
Na so.

They paid ransom for DPO. It is better they pay for them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2019
she replied: “I believe in God. I trust in him, he was the one who called and sent my husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by GentleMoney: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by kareemkamil(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2019
Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by safetyboot: 10:59am On Aug 19, 2019
IPOB are the real terrorist.
#igboamaka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by MJBOLT: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2019
the woman believes god will save her husband but what is stopping god from doing so?why cant he send 10 angels to save the man?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by money121(m): 11:02am On Aug 19, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by michealdeco: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2019
So daddy G.O can't pray to his God and they'll appear within seconds but he can cure a cripple

I wonder when Nigerians will wise up

Believe all those Yahoo alter fraudsters at your own peril

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by Jaynom(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2019
I thought somebody cursed some people?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction by onilanre(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2019
blesskewe:
If I say some G. Os doesn't care now twill be like.......

Please don't shake the table.....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Defiling His 9-Year-Old Daughter In Anambra / 11-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool / Two Men Killed At Nkpor Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.