Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

Hausa-foulani Thread - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa-foulani Thread (4308 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2010
im foulani fyi
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2010
But why is it a crime? Huh

Does hugging get you pregnant? Do men commit adultery by hugging? What is it?

Using hostility to answer a question wont make it go away Undecided
why should a man and a woman who have no kind of marriage hug each other? what could it lead to if it is tolerated?
next they will start to kiss each other and it will be normal, this is where respect comes in,women in general should decide how they want to be viewed, or else people will call them hoes, b*tches etc. and it will just be normal (like in american videos), i was in owerri and say women being slapped in their backsides by strangers, i guess to some people it is just normal, this is where respect comes in, next rape will just be normal
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by AndreUweh(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2010
@The Thread Starter: Do not Ignore me this time. What is your opinion about the Almajiris ravaging Hausa/Fulaniland for ages?.

Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2010
@The Thread Starter: Do not Ignore me this time. What is your opinion about the Almajiris ravaging Hausa/Fulaniland for ages?.

its a problem that needs to be solved because no one deserves to beg
however if you are trying to make this a religious situation (like most southerners) you are wrong
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Odunnu: 10:35am On Oct 28, 2010
Why is it so prevalent among the northerners and what measures are in place to eradicate it.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2010
Why is it so prevalent among the northerners and what measures are in place to eradicate it.

becuse its part of society in the north, centuries ago almajiris were  not streat beggers, they were seekers of knowledge, they were learners like any person seeking knowleddge of life, i think its one of those things that got forgotten as the centuries went  by, even today you will find rich peoples children on the street begging because to some that is how you seek knowledge, but 200 years ago an almajiri  was the most educated person in the whole west african region many of the northerners who went to tombouctou to find knowledge , today it just lost its original meaning

we have to go back to find its original meaning, that is how it can be eradicated, i am an almajiri but i don't  beg, i can seek knowledge from a madrasah in soudan not the streets
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Odunnu: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2010
Then I have the wrong definition of 'almajiri'.
What I know as one is 'street urchin',the regular almajiri has an inherited bowl for begging food and in every nook you look in,they richly abound. The islamic scholar is completely diffrent frm the street urchin
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by namfav(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2010
odunnu

there are alot of afro palestinians who are decedand of what we would call almajiris who went to palestine from north nigeria and most never returned however they were not street beggers there, the word almajiri has many meanings, i cannot expect you to know what it really means, you'd need to speak to a well versed islamic scholar and he will give you the best answer
it would be insulting to the well educated almajiris throughout history i think here is when many people fail, some terminologies are not easy for many muslims let alone non-muslims
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Jarus(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2010
Hey guys,
I'm a Yoruba Muslim, Lagos-based and I want to marry a beautiful Fulani lady, how do I go about it?

I learnt you ladies are too materially-inclined? Is it true.

Enlighten me.
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Hausa-foulani Thread by ihsaann: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Hey, isn't this supposed to be a hausafulani thread? The non-hausas have dominated all the other threads and won't even allow us some breathing space here? Personally, I am so tired of the insults on any ethno-religious thread on this site. So much for Nigeria!!! Bye!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Do I Serve First? My Husband Or A Guest? / Guru Nanak Dev Ji Jayanti Birthday 2015 Short Poems, Kavita, Updesh, Kahani For / The Woman On 20 Naira Note::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.