Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission (5749 Views)

Volvo S40/V40 Or Nissan Tiida? Which Of The Two Is A Good Choice For Bolt/uber / Clean 2001 Volvo S40 For Sale / Neatly Used Volvo S40 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Kokomo: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2019
Hi guys, recently saw a post for volvo s40 on nairaland, for 640k plan going for inspection this weekend.

Planning to use it for Uber,

@ ValarinzAutos, deportivo, timifakay, gazzuzz, wahala dey fear me
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by majamajic(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2019
yes u are
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by dicksonadams(m): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2019
Lolz
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2019
Kokomo:
Hi guys, recently saw a post for volvo s40 on nairaland, for 640k plan going for inspection this weekend.

@valrinz, nurey, deportivo, timifakay, gazzuzz, wahala dey fear me

your mission is loaded at that asking price
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by nurey(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2019
Kokomo:

wahala dey fear me

Yes you can but a naija used Volvo for a 1st timer as Uber I would definitely pass. I Also hope its the P1 04 to 2010 you are talking about cause if I am Uber technician I will fault the 1st generation for poor design grin

1 Like

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by psucc(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2019
So why do you expect us to say? na you as na you come answer.
Don't confuse yourself, just keep the I before the am and read again.
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Kokomo: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2019
psucc:
So why do you expect us to say? na you as na you come answer.

Don't confuse yourself, just keep the I before the am and read again.

Abi, na spelling you dey check abi you Wan help out with advice
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by psucc(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
Abeg I never try to correct somebody oyingbo grammar o!

seriously, not the spelling but the positioning. If you re-position the two words, it turns the question to a sentence and of course, answers the question as well.
Kokomo:

Abi, na spelling you dey check abi you Wan help out with advice

3 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by noxy1962(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Go for it! I use my BMW e46 on Uber. At first my friends advised against it since it's not the regular corolla but I can tell you every trip is an experience.
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by dicksonadams(m): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
grin
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Lexusgs430: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
Kokomo:

This one pass suicide mission..... A combination of suicide and murder mission........ grin
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by AshipaEk0: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This one pass suicide mission..... A combination of suicide and murder mission........ grin

Why?

The vehicle price is 640k

Average MPG IS 22-24

I presume it's going to be self driven and is in good enough condition with AC to be accepted for Uber.

So why is it suicide/murder mission?

Is there something especially wrong with that car model?

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by dicksonadams(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Cc valarinze
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
AshipaEk0:

Why?

The vehicle price is 640k

Average MPG IS 22-24

I presume it's going to be self driven and is in good enough condition with AC to be accepted for Uber.

So why is it suicide/murder mission?

Is there something especially wrong with that car model?

He's just trolling, not a serious talk

3 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
Kokomo:

Before i talk, lets see the one you're talking about. Post pics or link, cos I'm suspecting one car like that
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
nurey:

Yes you can but a naija used Volvo for a 1st timer as Uber I would definitely pass. I Also hope its the P1 04 to 2010 you are talking about cause if I am Uber technician I will fault the 1st generation for poor design grin

I'll avoid those and go for the 98-03 instead. Those years at bolded will mess him up if used on uber/taxify, they're not as rugged as the earlier versions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by thebigkendo(m): 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just here waiting for the Toyota corolla/big daddy gang to arrive tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Omojoshu: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
valarinz:

I'll avoid those and go for the 98-03 instead. Those years at bolded will mess him up if used on uber/taxify, they're not as rugged as the earlier versions.

My val,abeg don't bring that whatsapp issus here again, free the guy, I know where u are heading to...lock up.... We use Volvo and we know how reliable and good it is,,, Abeg bury the beef

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Omojoshu: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=Kokomo post=81392167]Hi guys, recently saw a post for volvo s40 on nairaland, for 640k plan going for inspection this weekend.

@ ValarinzAutos, deportivo, timifakay, gazzuzz, wahala dey fear me [/qu

Bro, if the engine is OK, the body is fine and the inside is neat for passengers, u know uber people na,they like neat and clean stuff, u can go for it.
My husband has been using S40 2000 model for 4years before he handed over to me,
U most do servicing often. Don't wait for the car to break down before you service it.
Now my husband uses C90

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 7:45am On Aug 20, 2019
Omojoshu:

My val,abeg don't bring that whatsapp issus here again, free the guy, I know where u are heading to...lock up.... We use Volvo and we know how reliable and good it is,,, Abeg bury the beef

I'm serious, this comment has nothing to do with the whatsapp mess up, the car in question even fell within the year model which i just recommended (98-03), so there's no way it can be misconstrued as a continuation of that case
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2019
Kokomo:

Abort mission! Abort! It's a suicide mission!
I once inherited one s40 from my dad. It was a moving coffin, I had to dump it after 3 months when it suddenly broke down just when I was about to overtake a trailer and there were other vehicles behind me hoping I'll overtake on time before the curve. I last last packed inside a gutter.

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Uduak002: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2019
S40 is a good car the best thing you need is servicing it was the first car i started life with and handed to my young brother and is still using it till today.uber will appreciate It so far it has ac and clean so go for it you are on the right track.

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I once inherited one s40 from my dad. It was a moving coffin, I had to dump it after 3 months when it suddenly broke down just when I was about to overtake a trailer and there were other vehicles behind me hoping I'll overtake on time before the curve. I last last packed inside a gutter.

Dont you think this is a plus for the ride? You drove it into a gutter on the highway, yet you're alive here to tell the story.

The said car wasnt even toks, but one in which your dad has used to oblivion and abandoned for you. See as u just take style hype the S40 thinking you're trolling

9 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Kokomo: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2019
here is the link to the car sales on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/4973635/clean-2001-volvo-s40-sale#74969718

cc valarinz
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 10:01am On Aug 20, 2019
Kokomo:

cc valarinz

Its a rugged car and reliable too, mpg is no bad too. Once you're sure uber/taxify will accept it and riders won't mind too, then you're good to go.

Only reservations i might have is the current state of the car (being naija used), pls perform proper physical inspection before buying, get a pro if u don't know what to look out for
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Lexusgs430: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2019
valarinz:

Its a rugged car and reliable too, mpg is no bad too. Once you're sure uber/taxify will accept it and riders won't mind too, then you're good to go.

Only reservations i might have is the current state of the car (being naija used), pls perform proper physical inspection before buying, get a pro if u don't know what to look out for

One part goes wrong, it drags two or three brothers along....

Used to own one of this, many moons ago.... Very comfortable drive, but the dreaded electronic parts......
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2019
Kokomo:

cc valarinz

I doubt uber would accept this...... No go buy one chance o......
Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by AshipaEk0: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

One part goes wrong, it drags two or three brothers along....

Used to own of this, many moons ago.... Very comfortable drive, but the dreaded electronic parts......

Many moons ago eye never open, Kazeems were in charge, vehicle scanners were a myth and Volvo know-how was almost non-existent.

Debatable if there were parts sef.

It was the same with other vehicle models like BMW and
new generation Peugeot

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
AshipaEk0:

Many moons ago eye never open, Kazeems were in charge, vehicle scanners were a myth and Volvo know-how was almost non-existent.

Debatable if there were parts sef.

It was the same with other vehicle models like BMW and
new generation Peugeot

The truth be told, each time i drove my 2.0T volvo S40..... I always had fantasies romancing a Swedish lady......

Was a very pleasant car to drive....... But a 9ja used and bruised version, would do my body chuku chuku........ grin

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by valarinz: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The truth be told, each time i drove my 2.0T volvo S40..... I always had fantasies romancing a Swedish lady......

Was a very pleasant car to drive....... But a 9ja used and bruised version, would do my body chuku chuku........ grin

Now, we're speaking same language.

Naija used XC90/S60 is even better to manage

2 Likes

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by diportivo: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Uduak002:
S40 is a good car the best thing you need is servicing it was the first car i started life with and handed to my young brother and is still using it till today. uber will appreciate It so far it has ac and clean so go for it you are on the right track.

two original users

two receivers of hand-me-down

one happy receiver

one lamenting receiver

let's trace the tree

na the original users go determine wetin those wey Inherit go face grin grin

thebigkendo:
Just here waiting for the Toyota corolla/big daddy gang to arrive tongue

when they arrive,they be like......volvo?? sad

1 Like

Re: I am Thinking Of Buying Volvo S40 For Uber, Am I On A Suicide Mission by vivalaurel(m): 1:17am On Aug 21, 2019
Depends on the model, if na the 04-010 series you wan use for uber your village people will just leave you alone and move on to the next target. Mission accomplished!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Durability Of Suzuki Every Mini / Today, I Found Out For Sure That, Connecting Radiator Fan Directly Is Not Good ! / Mature Cockroach @ 120km/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.